Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-09-2021, 12:47 AM
Newbie ;)

Question Sharing Experiences

Hi all, I wondered if it wasn't too personal to share if some would be willing to talk about their own experiences with spirits, NDE or anything relating to the afterlife?

I am unfortunately quite sceptical but I wasn't always. Growing up I always believed in something, my family are big believers in 'something' after death so it came kind of natural to me to believe in it too. When I was younger I used to feel as though a presence followed me until I got older and I felt it disappear, just when I needed it the most. I don't know what it was, it might have been nothing but it felt different regardless. I saw dark figures sometimes as a child, and my parent's house seems to have a lot of strange goings-on which I always felt quite aware of. I did have one experience that I can't explain away simply because someone was with me: we heard someone say my name and a clink of glass. I've never been able to find a logical explanation for that one. I have had dreams that have been somewhat premonition too in the past but not for a very long time.

I feel as though the two sides of my brain are constantly fighting it out between being very logical and scientific but also very spiritual and it's exhausting. I don't know how to connect deeper to the spiritual and foster some kind of experiences that would make me believe if they can even be brought out by my own doing anyway and not happen by chance. I really want to believe in reincarnation in particular but as there is no 'evidence' per se, it's hard for me to do that. It feels like something I just want to believe rather than it to be the truth. I wonder if anyone else has so many doubts like this? I read some responses and some seem so sure in what they believe and I wish that was me.

Sorry, that got a little longer than expected, thank you for reading and I look forward to hearing some of your responses if you have the time.
Old 23-09-2021, 08:32 AM
Administrator
Everybody will have a different Experience but for myself I was born seeing and hearing spirit.
so I was different to my siblings who could'nt see what I could. for that I was called names.
Told I needed to see a psychiatrist. my family were some of the worse for doing it.
It was mu guide who helped me he stood before me when i was young and told me who he was etc.

My grandmother also taught me how to open up close down etc.
i have had three NDE every time told to come back by both my guide or grandmother.

I am a medium healer psychic etc all rolled into one,
most children are aware of spirit but by the time they attend school it goes because their heads are filled by learning.

Namaste
Old 23-09-2021, 09:59 AM
hazada guess

This is my theory,Lol.............I have never seen spirits a such, but when I was a child, I remember thinking to myself when I thought that I'd done or was about to do something wrong that no body can reprimand me here because they're up there and too far away to tell me off.
When you are an infant, Memories are fresh but as you adapt to the hustle and bustle of the now,memories fade.
I remember covering my head with my sheets when I was in bed when I was young and seeing the darkness around me thinking that this was my real home and wishing to go back,Lol.(Mad or what).
However,you find that *circumstances* lead you on the right path.
Old 23-09-2021, 12:54 PM
Master

Just had this. ˆWhat real proof do you have for life after deathˆ - didnˆt get very far.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 23-09-2021, 01:07 PM
hazada guess

Hi Busby.I dont understand you're message ,though I did reply to you on my thread that you mentioned.
Old 23-09-2021, 02:20 PM
Welcome here augustpeach, sorry you have had health issues, btw.
I believe it is difficult to remain too skeptical when there are 1000s
of testimonials, now books, and now, even youtubes of children remembering their lives, say, around WWII.
If one does a study - just online at their fingertips now, :)
skepticism, I believe, would be greatly reduced.
I say: There is plenty we don't see in our everyday life that exists.

Example, do we believe in radios, TVs, electricity? Yes -and that's only because we discovered
how to receive invisible waves in the air
at many different frequencies...and how to harness electricity that was always there even when Cavemen existed.

Well, we are the receivers of unseen frequencies, also...we were told how
1000s of years ago.
"Be still.''
"Ask."
And don't be impatient - wait. Profound insights can be revealed directly. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-09-2021, 05:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustpeach
Hi all, I wondered if it wasn't too personal to share if some would be willing to talk about their own experiences with spirits, NDE or anything relating to the afterlife?

I am unfortunately quite sceptical but I wasn't always....I feel as though the two sides of my brain are constantly fighting it out between being very logical and scientific but also very spiritual and it's exhausting.

Hi augustpeach

You may find it interesting to read these two books by Chris Carter - Science and the Near-Death Experience and Science and the Afterlife Experience.

These may satisfy the scientific side of your nature.

Peace
Old 23-09-2021, 07:12 PM
Newbie ;)

Interesting inputs, thank you for noting your experiences everyone. I am in awe of anyone's conviction in what they believe and hope it will be me one day.
Old 23-09-2021, 07:24 PM
Newbie ;)

you make an excellent point here, I've truly never thought of it like that before but it makes a lot of sense. there's probably a lot of things around us that we haven't harnessed yet. I think the problem is that most people seem to think that we have discovered all we have to discover now that goes for science, medicine, the universe, and that trickles through into everything. of course, you still have scientists trying to prove or disprove hypothesis's but science finds it hard to believe that any of the "big stuff" is still out there to discover, at least in "this world". it doesn't try to bend its mind into opening up to anything that doesn't line up with the view they already have of the world.

I would say I'm open-minded but at the same time no "evidence" seems enough for me to be sure. In my message above I said I was in awe of peoples convictions and I guess that's what I'm trying to find in myself. we can never know 100% I suppose but maybe 99%? I just always try to find a way to disprove it even if I want to believe it. It's a strange juxtaposition. Regardless though, you do make an excellent point that will make me think a little more about the things we can't see or yet harness.

I have indeed read some of the reincarnation stories and have not been able to find an explanation for a lot of them which does give me pause and make me wonder, but it never translates into absolute belief or conviction and I must say, it's incredibly frustrating to be like that. And I still have so many questions about the logistics of reincarnation... do we all reincarnate? why do some remember but some don't? perhaps searching for logic is a pointless venture though, perhaps it's not a logical thing! and we'll probably never know, not in this world.
Old 23-09-2021, 07:26 PM
Newbie ;)

apologies for the double message above, evidently I'm not very good at this and not sure how to directly quote as some others have!