Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-09-2021, 09:50 AM
Master
Living the Dream ... Or Not?

Hey ..

I know it's been flogged to death this conversation, and normally it never leads anywhere lol .. but first things first .

What is a dream and how does one even know of a dream?

Definition of a dream is .. a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind during sleep.

Now what you are never sleeps, so before we can even begin the discussion one has to take into consideration that the concept of a dream is flawed right from the off .

For people to realise the world reality and everything in it is dream based has to encompass the meaning of what a dream constitutes and how one has experienced the dream in the first place .

The whole concept is riddled with holes as mentioned on the non duality thread, a dream character, cannot realise anything, do anything or even write this post .

This is the absurdity of it all and what tops it all off even more, is that the one's speaking about realising the dream or living the dream are no more real than the concept of it .

So we have no one here that is real, we have no one here that can realise anything and we only have dream people experiencing a night time dream to then compare the dream reality with ..

And like said on the thread, for there to be a dream there has to be it's opposite .

Now where is the opposite experienced beyond the dream? Beyond the mind? Well who/m or what is beyond the mind that can realise that this is the real reality that is not dream based?

There is no one, and the merry-go-round of contradictions goes on and on ..

x daz x
Old 05-09-2021, 10:44 AM
hazada guess

This world is real and is on a low vibration. As for dreams, it is said that when our body sleeps, our soul doesn't. It raises itself to a higher vibration.(so ,infact,we die every night).lol.However,when we sleep we are still attached to the body by the silver cord.It isn't until the cord is sexered,that we pass on.
Getting back to dreams,some people say that when you are dreaming about someone,they are dreaming about you.
It all is a mystery to me and I wouldn't be able to explain it.I've said my bit,the next person will disagree butwho really knows?lol
Old 05-09-2021, 10:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
This world is real and is on a low vibration. As for dreams, it is said that when our body sleeps, our soul doesn't. It raises itself to a higher vibration..
Yes exactly, one can call it the soul or the spirit or whatever word suits, but what you are that is self aware, never sleeps . In the spirit world as an example, when the cord is severed, one never dreams . One never feels as if they have been unconscious and has slept for 8 hrs

The whole spiritual notion of the dream is built around a concept that there is someone that sleeps .

All anyone has to do is understand this concept and will see the absolute truth presented about realising the world is a dream is built upon a fundamental flaw.

x daz x

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 28-10-2021 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 05-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Getting back to dreams,some people say that when you are dreaming about someone,they are dreaming about you.
It all is a mystery to me and I wouldn't be able to explain it.I've said my bit,the next person will disagree butwho really knows?lol

I had a dream about an old school friend that I hadn't seen for many years . A month later I saw him at a madness concert and he said to me that he dreamed about me a little while ago .

The thing about dreams is that they are normally tarnished with an illusory brush but there are so many types of experiences that are not actually dreams at all .

Just because there is awareness of something when one supposedly sleeps one automatically puts it down to something not real .

x daz x
Old 05-09-2021, 11:13 AM
hazada guess

At the moment we are living in a real low vibration, when we pass we live in a real higher vibration.

ps,i remember Madness lol.(Good times*Sigh*).
ppsShouldn't this be in the dreams section?
Old 05-09-2021, 12:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
A dream is the unconscious 'communicating' with the conscious, and it does so by means of symbols - this is what dream interpretations are all about. .
As said on the other thread, this doesn't facilitate the environment for the unconscious to become conscious .
We need a platform for this to be so .
The waking world / earth plane is the platform for one to become conscious of the unconscious .
If the waking world earth plane is a dream then the waking world must have an unconscious self that brings forth the conscious data and images .
You have to have the foundation straight .
If what you are is a dream character then the dream character isn't something that can become conscious of the unconscious .
You have to be something that can facilitate that process .

So what is this something that can facilitate that process?
Consciousness is a word that gets thrown around like a rag doll as a get out of jail free card when no one has realised what that is ..
Some speak about God in the same vein .
So basically you need primarily to have an environment that facilities a dream or not and then you have to have someone - thing that can become conscious of the unconscious or be awake compared to being asleep (even though one doesn't sleep) .

x daz x
Old 05-09-2021, 01:05 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Now what you are never sleeps, so before we can even begin the discussion one has to take into consideration that the concept of a dream is flawed right from the off .
For people to realise the world reality and everything in it is dream based has to encompass the meaning of what a dream constitutes and how one has experienced the dream in the first place .
The whole dream concept is based on poor interpretations of poor translations. In Advaita the manifest world is known as mithya. This has been (poorly) translated as illusion or unreal and from that we later derive the concept of the world as a dream.

Of course the world is not an illusion or a dream. But the forms in the world are dependent, impermanent and changing - they lack inherent existence (existence in and of themselves.) And in this respect ‘things’ are considered less real (in an absolute sense) than the unchanging Source. Non-dual realisation is about discovering/realising this Source which underlies the shifting phenomena.
Old 05-09-2021, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The dream is not 'opposite' to anything, it's just different.
There is just what people want to believe for the sake of their own agenda. When my dreams became facts.....
You have to have an opposite in these instances . You can't manifest a concept of the dream without knowing there is an opposite to the dream .

You're not even using the common definition of a dream as your example .

If your dream relates to the unconscious becoming conscious, then there is somewhere for use of a better word where this isn't the case .

x daz x
Old 05-09-2021, 01:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween Jack
The whole dream concept is based on poor interpretations of poor translations. In Advaita the manifest world is known as mithya. This has been (poorly) translated as illusion or unreal and from that we later derive the concept of the world as a dream.

For sure, there's no doubt that poor interpretations are part of the parcel for why poor translations and understandings arise .

But in all honestly peeps shouldn't have to read a book from the past to know when they are awake and when they are asleep .

Life isn't about reading books and believing in the reality that is written and spoken of .

This is half of the reason why there is such confusion because people are not living a true match reality relating to what they actually experience compared to what someone else has said .

People seem to live in the shadows of their teachers and inspirers, they even talk like them

If we forget about the books written and simply note what is a dream and what is real life then one should be able to navigate through life okay .

What you get is peeps that read books come out with the notion that they are not here and such likes, then they log off the forums and pick their kids up from school .

x daz x
Old 05-09-2021, 01:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween Jack
Of course the world is not an illusion or a dream. But the forms in the world are dependent, impermanent and changing - they lack inherent existence (existence in and of themselves.) And in this respect ‘things’ are considered less real (in an absolute sense) than the unchanging Source. Non-dual realisation is about discovering/realising this Source which underlies the shifting phenomena.

Yes this is the case .. what is permanent and unchanging is regarded as what is real whereas what isn't permanent and unchanging isn't ..

Now what on earth has one experienced forevermore that is unchanging?

There isn't any one thing that has this comparison and yet they use it religiously as a comparison for what is unreal and illusory, simply because the flower blooms and dies, or tadpole transforms into a frog ..

All of these transformations and transitions are equally as real as any other process .

x daz x