Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 24-09-2021, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Always thought that Reality could laugh.
That's why I have such respect for comedians, btw ---they are on a 'certain frequency'. It's quite special.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-09-2021, 07:32 PM
Administrator
I would have to second what Miss hepburn has said post 939

Namaste
Old 24-09-2021, 11:07 PM
Master
QUOTE 920 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
About the inner sound current, in my view it aids in internalising attention, maintaining a meditational mode, that’s all. The current is ever present. Fine. But then, what next?

I don’t know how the progression works for others but all I’ve done is to simply stretch thought rested awareness as a habit.

Each journey is unique. Let us delight in our uniqueness.

Excellent points. If I understand you correctly, that is exactly the process that I went through .... "stretch thought rested awareness as a habit".

As you pointed out, "each journey is unique" though. As Ramakrishna reportedly said, "One truth ... many paths".
Old 24-09-2021, 11:11 PM
Master
QUOTE 933 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
... after a few days of retreat there is a perfect awareness even during 'sleep'.
Eventually, one can sustain that "after a few days of retreat perfect awareness even during sleep" experience even without a few days of retreat.
Old 25-09-2021, 02:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinnat
Okay, Gem,Now I understand that it would be futile to argue with you so have it your way.
I think the auditory system already makes a sound just because it is already working and moving and If it's quiet you'll hear something if you listen for it. It's much more common than rare. You could meditate on that sound, and I think it's an effective meditation technique since it follows principles of non volition (you don't make it happen).

On the other hand, repeating guru words or another mantra etc... you have to make that happen volitionally, which is fine, but it's motivated by desire for 'something special' which incites the volition and perpetuates ego through time.

It just means my approach to meditation is different to yours, and they are contradictory and incompatible.
Old 25-09-2021, 02:57 AM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
It's everywhere for everyone to hear...no special abilities needed, guys.
Try earplugs ...that helps a little....the waxy kind, not the foam ones.
Miss H,

I am afraid that is not true. It is more of a question of logic/ Philosophy than meditation. So, let me try to answer it last time according to the logic by using analogies, if that works.

Say there is a five year old girl. Now, what would be your answer if i ask if she can be a mother?

The answer is certainly yes but only technically. Of course, she can be a mother but in the future only, not right now. It will take at least 10-12 more years. We need to understand the difference between inbuilt potential and its materialization. In the most of the cases, both things do not happen simultaneously.

The same is true for other skills. Can anyone be a body builder? Yes, everyone can but only if that person put required effort in body building. Can anyone will have master degree? Yes, everyone can because we all have the potential of having masters degree but only those will be able to have it who put required time and effort in their studies.

The same applies for all achievements of meditation. Can we all attain enlightenment? Yes, technically speaking, we all can because we all have the potential of being enlightened but only some will succeed. In the same way we all have the capacity of hearing inner sounds as it comes inbuilt in all of us but that capacity needs to be activated which requires some doing.

with love,
sanjay
Old 25-09-2021, 03:27 AM
Master
Quote:
It's everywhere for everyone to hear...no special abilities needed, guys.
If you plug ears there is a pretty loud sound kinda like rumbling. If you block your ears right now you'll hear it. Instead of looking 'something special', just meditate on the sound which is completely obvious.

When it's really quiet, then I wouldn't block the ears because the inner ears are already active and producing a sound, which is probably more like a higher pitch static. It's quieter than a blocked ear rumbling sound, but also not very hard to hear.

That being tried and true, you just concentrate on the sound. 'Follow the sound' is a way saying keep attention there and listen carefully to how detailed the sound is and immerse yourself in it as if it's a symphony. It should start to get louder the more you concentrate on it and lead to some sort of mediation effect. Just have to be careful about the craving for 'something special'. Instead, just listen, enjoy, and see what happens. That can be pretty hard to do. Most people get surprised or maybe scared when it goes into crescendo, so maintaining neutral calm is core of practice.

I think people should try blocking their ears to see what I mean, and if ever they have a very quiet place, without blocking ears, turn attention to the sound your ears make inside your head. It's really not hard at all.
Old 25-09-2021, 03:54 AM
zinnat

Quote:

I missed that part in my earlier reply but that is very important and needs to be addressed. I would strictly advise not to use any kind of earplugs as it can be misguiding.

Not even earplugs, if one simply put one's fingertips lightly in the opening of the ear cavities, one can hear some kind of thunder roaring sound but it is not those inner sound which are associated with meditation. I am not an expert but guess is that this roaring kind of sound is generated by flow of the blood in the veins which are pressed hard by the earplugs.

I have seen many so called gurus in India fooling people by using such techniques. One very common another such technique is pressing someone's eyes hard with thumbs. This causes very bright light and gurus claim that they have shown the light of the God to others.

Instead of the earplug, it would be appropriate to lie on side. One can block one ear by the pillow underneath and second ear can be covered by putting another pillow on it. It would work almost like ear plugs but without any confusion. One more important thing about lying posture here. One one trying to lie on one side. try to lie always on the right side, not left one.

with love,
sanjay

with love,
sanjay
Old 25-09-2021, 05:02 AM
Master
Confusion is caused by looking for something special instead if listening to the sound which is actually there. The compulsion of desire for a special sound is the underlying problem. Be content listening to what you can actually hear and stop trying to find something which isn't here now. Just tune in to what's there and go with it in the way it naturally changes. Anyone can do it. It starts with what you can actually hear and goes deeper from there.
Old 25-09-2021, 05:26 AM
Master
Whatever works is great, for anyone. The way I see it, we can simply be quiet and if we choose, we can listen effortlessly to the inner sound current. In as far as I have felt, it’s attribute is constant, in the background. However, as affirmed here and also in the scriptures, the different melodies, music of the spheres etc. are very much there.

To be honest, in deep silence, in the void, all I heard was the reverberation Ohm (ॐ).

For quite some time I was disconcerted that while I could hear the sound current* (*basic steady sound, no orchestra), I couldn’t get a glimpse of the divine light. The Vijnana Bhairava Tantra suggests ‘techniques’ to experience this … eyeball movement restraint but I’m against the concept of any forced technique, so I did not experiment. All I did was to let go of the longing to see the light and instead celebrate darkness, if that’s what my present consciousness coordinate required.

In time, I did see the light and much more. By grace. All is grace.

The paradox is that we, as an entity may theoretically recognise and even experience oneness, consciousness expansion encompassing all that is etc. but we return back to the mind-body for earth life. Thus, the seeking is by the limited identity or ego and not by the expanded God essence. Here there are questions and no answers. There, we become the answer so there are no questions.

The resolution, in as far as it applies to me at least, is that we shift into a meditational continuum with non-judgmental perception. Now, this requires a direct knowing that God in-dwells in all. Then we can simply be, as we are, receptive without anticipation, yet heart afire with a burning yearning to fill all delusional voids with our innate self-luminescence.

I don’t know if this makes sense.