Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 24-09-2021, 12:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinnat
My experience and related literature do not support that. Having said that, it is quite possible that some people may be be born with this capacity. But, that cannot be the thumb rule.
I think just about everyone can hear a sound in their head, and it can be a really good meditation to concentrate on it.
Old 24-09-2021, 01:57 PM
Master
@ Gem … in fact, many people do not hear any inner sound current. Of course, we have to differentiate it from tinnitus to start with, even if we do hear.

Now, I’ve never meditated for hours on end so I cannot comment on what happens on focusing on the sound current, so I’ll just take your word, Miss Hepburn’s word for it.

It’s not that I haven’t experienced the void or various manifestations or the light but it hasn’t been on account of concentration on the sound current. My meditation is simply entering silence without anticipation, resting even memory imagery in as far as am able, allowing whatever emerges to be imbibed in active awareness, without resistance.
Old 24-09-2021, 02:11 PM
Legrand

Since a while, I meditate a least 4 hours a day, without counting my retreats where I meditate 24/24, after a few days of retreat there is a perfect awareness even during 'sleep'

Like Unseeking says there is no anticipation then, or direction followed or imposed.

But I simply want to say here that to try to explain all that appends by itself as a meditate or not would not fit in a book. That is if i would be able to find words to express It.

Regards,
Old 24-09-2021, 02:27 PM
Master
@ Legrand … to confess, meditation is now an ever present orientation, however it’s like a continuum of silence with bliss purring (sometimes roaring!) but undoubtedly, simply infusing an ‘agendaless intent’ deepens the meditation instantly, flowing in animated stillness.

I attach higher importance to consciousness shifts in the manner of responses, intuitive judgments etc. in moment to moment lived reality. There’s plenty to work on in this area. As for dreams, I mostly remember all now but it’s not the way Swami Lakshmanjoo says it should be, which is what you and Still_Waters experience - an unbroken awareness continuum, which I did, on a few occasions but not on a regular basis.
Old 24-09-2021, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think just about everyone can hear a sound in their head....
Yes they can or could with being still and quiet...and after silencing their thoughts.
It could take awhile for many that are just thinking constantly!
So many give up.

It's everywhere for everyone to hear...no special abilities needed, guys.
Try earplugs ...that helps a little....the waxy kind, not the foam ones.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-09-2021, 04:30 PM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think just about everyone can hear a sound in their head, and it can be a really good meditation to concentrate on it.

Okay, Gem,

Now I understand that it would be futile to argue with you so have it your way.

With love,
Sanjay
Old 24-09-2021, 04:34 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
@ Legrand … to confess, meditation is now an ever present orientation, however it’s like a continuum of silence with bliss purring (sometimes roaring!) but undoubtedly, simply infusing an ‘agendaless intent’ deepens the meditation instantly, flowing in animated stillness.

I attach higher importance to consciousness shifts in the manner of responses, intuitive judgments etc. in moment to moment lived reality. There’s plenty to work on in this area. As for dreams, I mostly remember all now but it’s not the way Swami Lakshmanjoo says it should be, which is what you and Still_Waters experience - an unbroken awareness continuum, which I did, on a few occasions but not on a regular basis.

Hello Unseeking,

I agree the most important is the moment to moment lived reality.

It is why I take so much time when I wake up or come out from a meditation to observe the reintegration into the body called Antoine.

It is a very important moment to me. It builds up what would Sri Aurobindo would call the supramental making clear a conscious link between the 'two' worlds in a day to day environnement.

Without this link the one who meditates remains divided between two worlds, the non dual and the dual one, there is no 'integration', there is this world where you scream from pain when you hit your finger with a hammer and this other world where the Self is dissolved into what Is.

As above so below.

Regards.
Old 24-09-2021, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Without this link the one who meditates remains divided between two worlds, the non dual and the dual one, there is no 'integration', there is this world where you scream from pain when you hit your finger with a hammer and this other world where the Self is dissolved into what Is.
Well, if you're anything like me - I scream, drop the hammer on
my foot, fall from the ladder and lay there laughing.
Meditation has served me well. And it must be true - since I posted that at 11:11! HA

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-09-2021, 05:17 PM
Quote:
...it would be futile to argue with you so have it your way.
Good opportunity to remind every one:
All of us hopefully are familiar with the Rules of this particular Forum, diff from many...
we don't even encourage debate, let alone arguments.

We discuss.

Old 24-09-2021, 05:31 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, if you're anything like me - I scream, drop the hammer on
my foot, fall from the ladder and lay there laughing.
Meditation has served me well. And it must be true - since I posted that at 11:11! HA

Always thought that Reality could laugh. You are a living proof of it