Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 23-09-2021, 04:14 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
About the inner sound current, in my view it aids in internalising attention, maintaining a meditational mode, that’s all.
The current is ever present. Fine. But then, what next?
Oh, well...
laughing, sorry ...have ya sat for 4 hours just listening?
All external sounds blocked? Oh my.

Where this leads is phenomenal. It's way more than hearing a beautiful unstruck string, a melody you can play on a guitar, even ...
a full orchestra of woodwinds and brass harmonizing or angels like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in eternal praise!!!---
More than the captivating flute music, probably Krishna's? or the peaceful, lulling sounds of summer evening crickets and bubbling streams...

Oh, sigh :)---I luv talking about the Celestial Harmonies inside...the Universe inside...I can't really tell you where it leads ---
that really gets personal...and, tho it could inspire someone to sit longer...
it could also discourage someone that doesn't exp similar things.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-09-2021, 04:38 PM
Master
Thanks for the pointer, Miss H … seems I’m missing out in the transcendence, perhaps all I hear is a steady background sound and not the full orchestra.
Old 23-09-2021, 04:52 PM
Master
QUOTE 902 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinnat
Gurus say/claim that this naam is not merely the sound of those five words but it is kind of live entity if it is taken from the competent guru.
However, i am not sure how much of it is true or not but it widely believed. Not only that, people who have taken naam consider themselves somewhat special than others.
I love the way you presented that. I too am "not sure how much of it is true or not" but I have seen how many of these people "consider themselves somewhat (more) special than others".

I actually met Kirpal Singh in NYC many years ago but did not become a follower. I also met the first "living master" of ECK as well (somewhat similar to Kirpal's organization as Paul Twitchell reportedly studied under Kirpal). In any case, it's interesting to hear some of the followers talk about their advanced spiritual state based on seeing certain colors and lights during meditation.

Having said that, however, one can indeed sense the subtle vibratory sounds as well as lights during meditation. They can often serve as an alluring catalyst initially to continuing meditation and proceeding further.

Last edited by Still_Waters : 23-09-2021 at 05:34 PM.
Old 23-09-2021, 05:33 PM
Master

Quote:
About the inner sound current, in my view it aids in internalising attention, maintaining a meditational mode, that’s all. The current is ever present. Fine. But then, what next?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Where this leads is phenomenal.

Indeed, meditation on the Sound Current for long periods can lead to truly transcendental states.

And let us not forget the inner Light which is part of meditation on the Sound Current. This too can become utterly beautiful in deep meditation.

Peace
Old 23-09-2021, 05:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Initially yes, to hold attention in stillness. Later, the inner sound current also recedes, as stillness deepens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Concentrate on the sound in your head which is already there and see what happens next. That's all it is.
YES ... to BOTH of you.
Old 23-09-2021, 05:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Indeed, meditation on the Sound Current for long periods can lead to truly transcendental states.
And let us not forget the inner Light which is part of meditation on the Sound Current.
This too can become utterly beautiful in deep meditation.
Amen. Such meditations for long periods can indeed lead to a transcendental happening.
Old 24-09-2021, 03:55 AM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think most people can hear a sound if they find a quiet place and listen. The meditation would be, just concentrate on listening to that.

My experience and related literature do not support that. Having said that, it is quite possible that some people may be be born with this capacity. But, that cannot be the thumb rule.

In sufism, getting the capacity of hearing inner sounds is called opening of Sada(sound). Though, it happened to be a long time back but as far as my memory serves me, this started when one day during meditation i felt as something is tied tightly around my forehead and when i tried hard to break free, i heard the sound of braking of many ropes and my forehead becomes free and i started hearing sounds within mind. Generally, getting short visions and hearing inner sounds start simultaneously.

with love,
sanjay
Old 24-09-2021, 03:58 AM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Re Kirpal Singh's book "Naam or Word'' -
Sanjay, that is just the name of the book.
There is much on the Sound in it, by whatever name.

I understand that you are saying that it is the name of the book.

with love,
sanjay
Old 24-09-2021, 04:19 AM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I actually met Kirpal Singh in NYC many years ago but did not become a follower. I also met the first "living master" of ECK as well (somewhat similar to Kirpal's organization as Paul Twitchell reportedly studied under Kirpal). In any case, it's interesting to hear some of the followers talk about their advanced spiritual state based on seeing certain colors and lights during meditation.

This process of giving naam by guru is called Naamdan( the donation of naam) and after that the recipients of naam are called Naamdhari( one who bears the naam) in local language(Hindi). All these Naamdharis become a closed group kind of community and try to interact to other naamdharis only in daily/social life. Like, they look to marry their children only in other naamdhari families, same is for business.

with love,
sanjay
Old 24-09-2021, 06:00 AM
zinnat

Quote:
[color="Black"]About the inner sound current, in my view it aids in internalising attention, maintaining a meditational mode, that’s all. The current is ever present. Fine. But then, what next?

Well, that is million dollar question but unfortunately the answer is not widely known. Many aspirants, who meditate sincerely either to given naam or any other mantras, reach to the stage when they start hearing inner sounds but then they become confused about what are these sounds and what to do with those.

Some posts back in the post no- 909, i mentioned three ways of spiritual elevation, papeel(Ant) way, meen(fish)way and vihangam(bird) way. These inner sounds can be used in a meen(fish) way.

Allow me go in some details to enable others to understand the basics.
We all know about Big Bang theory and those who have some scientific background may be aware of CMBR( Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation). This CMBR was produced in the initial moments of the Big Bang because of that explosion and present in the cosmos since then. Not only that it is present everywhere in the cosmos since the very inception of the cosmos. So, in a sense, it is both omnipresent and beyond time. Scientists have recorded it too.

Here is a wiki link of CMBR- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic...ave_background

The point of talking about Bing Bang and CMBR here is that by studying CMBR, we can know about Big Bang or how this cosmos came into existence, simply because CMBR is produced by and the part of Big Bang too. Now, coming to spirituality, all religions say the same about the God and cosmos/existence too. Vedas say that before creation there was only Shabd(sound). Bible is even clearer as it says- There was a word and the word was God.. Not only that, most(if not all) of the Santmats say that these inner sounds come from the last stage of the existence. They say that there is a flower like opening at the last stage and these inner sounds are generated from there and spread all over the cosmos. If that is true, one can reach to that stage by following these inner sounds.

Now, the question arises how it can be done? The answer lies in the Meen marg(post no- 909). One has to follow these inner sound current just like a fish and ascend. Perhaps all readers may not be aware of the fact that all fish can swim against the stream. That is precisely how salmon reach to lay eggs at the staring point of the rivers again where it was born. So, one has to follow these sounds exactly like a fish and use its current to get the direction.

I want to mention one more very interesting thing here. Different people hear different inner sounds, like buzzing, thunder of clouds, vina etc but after some time, all other sounds dies out and only one remains which is buzzing. It is very close to what we hear standing below high voltage electricity lines ans more surprising thing here is that this CMBR also sounds like that.

Here is the link- https://www.washington.edu/news/2013...idelity-audio/

The high pitch section of this audio sounds almost exactly like that internal buzzing. I found this some years ago on the net. Seeing the similarity lead me to the assumption that what if out minds are actually hearing CMBR and Big Bang happened not only at physical level but at metaphysical level too at the same time?

I do not know the answer for that but surely know that these inner sounds can provide big help in spiritual elevation if used properly.

with love,
sanjay