Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-04-2021, 03:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
Who is in charge?
if I understand iamthat, and I think I do, then I would say, it depends.
Very early in an incarnation cycle it is almost always the body/mind that takes the spirit for a ride, as we move on in our incarnation cycle we can start making gentle suggestions and in the later stages, when the body mind trusts the spirit/soul connection, it will go along what is suggested.
It is more about trust rather than who is in charge.
Old 26-04-2021, 03:39 AM
Master

Thank you Rah Nam. A kind friend mentioned trust to me recently too. Grateful.
Old 26-05-2021, 03:50 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegolem
For the longest time I thought Soul and Spirit were interchangeable, but I recently asked myself "is there really a difference?" I developed my own opinion after researching an article on that question and I was wondering if other people have thought something similar.
We're like atoms, made of the same stuff, but we have our differences. In reality though, we're One. It's beyond logic, thats why as spiritual beings, we silence the logic mind to just feel within our being. Feelings dont have logic
Old 26-05-2021, 04:20 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sat11
We're like atoms, made of the same stuff, but we have our differences. In reality though, we're One. It's beyond logic, thats why as spiritual beings, we silence the logic mind to just feel within our being. Feelings dont have logic

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-05-2021, 04:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegolem
For the longest time I thought Soul and Spirit were interchangeable, but I recently asked myself "is there really a difference?" I developed my own opinion after researching an article on that question and I was wondering if other people have thought something similar.
The golem,

Just for Bible students: Hebrews 4:12.....”For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit.....”

This seems to indicate that soul and spirit are separate and, therefore, not synonymous.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 26-05-2021 at 04:53 PM. Reason: We have been asked to keep quotes to a couple sentences
Old 10-06-2021, 02:59 PM
zinnat

The difference depends on how one defines soul and spirit. As per common understanding, soul is an Astral or suble part of one's existence while spirit basically refers to one's underlying nature.

With love,
Sanjay
Old 15-06-2021, 12:25 AM
Knower

I was going to write a simplish different response...then I thought eh naw.

The Mind can't deny the Heart nor the Body, same applies for all three.
In doing so in denial will deny the Spiritual self.

Feeling is illogical, hum that makes no logic at all.
Old 23-09-2021, 11:18 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Another approach is that Spirit relates to our very Being, while Soul relates to Consciousness.
So Being expresses as individualised Consciousness which then finds expression through the personality in the physical body.
Consciousness is the silent observer of our emotions, our morals, our intelligence, our ideas, our creativity, in short all that makes up the personality.

I also agree with this. I personally found that the soul is the conscious awareness that carries data about your personality, experiences and memories (among other things I may have missed). It's the part that you project with into various other bodies like the Astral, causal, mental, etc... You know, playing dress up, lol, and then back into the physical body.

The spirit is that part of you where intuitions and faith come from, and from it, we get to see synchronicities, double numbers, dejavu, and mysterious stuff like that. Life and consciousness are transmitted to the soul from the spirit.

When we are in the physical, astral or any other body, our spirit feels like it's in the heart centre area. It's mostly dormant in the average man. People usually call it the higher self when they are not connected to it. It seems to have a mind and conscious expression far different than the normal mind and soul expression through the various bodies.

As the soul dresses up in various bodies of varying subtly, the spirit dresses up in the soul.

@theologem, I wish I had such speed of revelation and realization, lol. I spent several months praying & meditating and only got the answer a couple of days ago.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 24-09-2021 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 23-09-2021, 12:46 PM
hazada guess

I agree with iamthat's post,#4.
Old 23-09-2021, 03:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty
The Mind can't deny the Heart nor the Body, same applies for all three.
In doing so in denial will deny the Spiritual self.

Feeling is illogical, hum that makes no logic at all.
I think this is true and realizes it is observation. Feeling isn't illogical when realizing what is being seen...denial. We deny denial, that is logic. What the body does is felt and observed. This being a good way to see soul. The body is artificial and feeling dependent on the body. The heart is authentic.