Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality > Faiths of Indigenous Peoples

Old 25-03-2021, 09:51 PM
ImthatIm

running

I got a copy of Black Elk Speaks.
Some call it the Native American Bible. So many have benefited from it.
Especially Native Americans once they legalized the religious practices in the 1970s.
So many were without their practices and began with that book.

I get the sense that everyone knows what the energy of Kundalini is.
I think some of the stories get compared to each other and people notice the differences.
I could be wrong. I have no Hindu or Indian knowledge.
Other than a few things I have read.Also the Hare Krishna's at LAX.

I believe all people's paths unfold uniquely and it is hard to compare notes on
Spiritual paths.
I have heard of people having Native American guides before it is not uncommon.

Tradeout??? Never heard that one, what is it?
Some type of energy swap???

Fools Crow which is Black Elks Cousin I believe, talks about becoming a 'Hollow Bone'.
He has painted representation of this on a stick that represents the body and shows a cup
at the base of the spine and a undulating line that goes from cup to head and he describe it as energy
that leaves him up the back and then comes back down the back.
Like prayers going up and the answer coming back down.

So to me it does depict something similar to how I have heard Kundalini described before.
Is it the same? I don't know it may be, it may be similar or it may be different.

I automatically rock back and forth when singing sweat lodge songs. I am glad it is dark in the lodge
as I might not have started rocking when I first started rocking if everyone could see me.
I know in a sweat lodge you are taken to the edge of survival at times.
Same with the vision quest. It is sometimes called the little death.
Old 25-03-2021, 11:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Oh misuse abounds.
This is an area of Spirituality that I do not like but it sometimes finds me.
I do not like talking of these things.(Battles)
Because I have been in more than enough Spiritual battles with abusers of power.
I still Live so they turned out alright, and there are still many lessons to be learned from them.
I still do not like them. They seem to just boil down to those basic
greedy and power seeking human natures.

Non-dual awakening from Kundalini, maybe! I don't know.
I had a Non-dual awakening in a major car wreck, but I don't recommend it.LOL

I can't speak on Kundalini. It sounds like a Sacred part of an ancient
practice. If I lived in India or where they practice such things I would
have probably practiced it.
If it compels you then you should maybe seek it out.
I do not like rushing things.I believe that if that energy is natural
it should find it's way to where it needs to be.
I don't need it to Make Fire and carry Rocks.
Or maybe it has been slowly working and has always been there and
is doing what it is meant to do.IDK
I myself won't be running out to have someone share their activating energy with
me on that level until I have a full trust in the practitioner.
Also I would need it to unfold in a natural way. It has not unfolded in my path.
I respect others choices to seek it though.
I haven’t met/known that many Amerinds. But most of those I have met/known, do have psychic abilities.
One friendship was especially good. Talk about love and having your heart chakra opened …. and not needing mobile phones because of the telepathic communication.
And the very first Amerind I met, the ‘Nondual Silent Communion’ descended upon us like a “Holy Spirit” or “Grace”.

But then again, because of telepathy, somebody getting the wrong end of the stick and imagining you have stolen their ‘song’ or ‘dance’ – can out-of-the-blue, “king-hit” you – sending a psychic death threat, with so much hate attached it makes your world go surreal.
Wow that was heavy.

Then again living the latter part of my childhood with a malicious narcissist with strong psychic abilities using ‘psychic attacks’ should have taught me something.

I think these psychic abilities are part of Amerind and shamanic legacy.
I enjoyed nothing more so much than talks with the older generation who were always talking about omens, signs, spirit helpers, talking to the departed, premonitions – other energetic manifestations etc. etc. etc. as if normal everyday life.

These are gifts that can be used for alignment with Spirit and to serve, but now the shamen gone, that old way of life having been so demoralized, people still have these ‘energy-patterns’, but now one needs to individually learn how to deal with them.

The more spiritually aligned I have become, the more these energetic things have happened, you do not seek them, they are a side-effect.
So one can tone it down as well. Which I have.

Then again, some folks do go for these ‘side-effects’ seeking not ‘one-spirit’ ‘one-heart’ but dualistic power for themselves, which is scary.
Like when that fireball person talked about ‘love’, the hollow-emptiness of the words made one freeze to the core and one’s blood curdle.

When it comes to Kundalini, I’d like to remain neutral.
Not to resist it – because then I’ll summon it.
Not to summon it – because then I’ll summon it.
Leaving it to Spirit. If it is meant to be, the “Spirit Design” will happen.

Old 25-03-2021, 11:22 PM
Master
Black Elk Speaks ...

Now that is a book I do want to read.

What little I had read of Yoganada was good as well.

Old 25-03-2021, 11:35 PM
ImthatIm

Yeah, the most battles that I have witnessed fortunately were
not directed at me.(Battles may be a bad term)

They were mainly directed at people I know and hang with.
Medicine men and Spiritual leaders seemingly dueling it out over territory.
Spiritual or other wise.Maybe just pure jealousy.
Who's got the biggest Medicine bag we say.

I did have one attack directed at me alone.
It was a residual spirit left over from a healing ceremony.
Stupid me got instantly afraid and sank into negative thinking.
It almost took me out.We had to return to the Leader of that said ceremony to have it removed.
Then I was rushed to the hospital for IV fluids.
It was one of the best learning experiences I ever had.
I cherish the story to this day.
I can tell it verbally with hand gestures and emotions, I just have a hard time writing about it.
The flow is not the same.Plus I only like telling those stories around people that were there.

Thankfully no big battles in years. Except within myself and my own
emotion trauma healing.Also my wife's and her healing. I am there with Her committed until
the year forever.I wouldn't change non of it.Not the trauma not non of it.
Old 26-03-2021, 12:32 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
running

I got a copy of Black Elk Speaks.
Some call it the Native American Bible. So many have benefited from it.
Especially Native Americans once they legalized the religious practices in the 1970s.
So many were without their practices and began with that book.

I get the sense that everyone knows what the energy of Kundalini is.
I think some of the stories get compared to each other and people notice the differences.
I could be wrong. I have no Hindu or Indian knowledge.
Other than a few things I have read.Also the Hare Krishna's at LAX.

I believe all people's paths unfold uniquely and it is hard to compare notes on
Spiritual paths.
I have heard of people having Native American guides before it is not uncommon.

Tradeout??? Never heard that one, what is it?
Some type of energy swap???

Fools Crow which is Black Elks Cousin I believe, talks about becoming a 'Hollow Bone'.
He has painted representation of this on a stick that represents the body and shows a cup
at the base of the spine and a undulating line that goes from cup to head and he describe it as energy
that leaves him up the back and then comes back down the back.
Like prayers going up and the answer coming back down.

So to me it does depict something similar to how I have heard Kundalini described before.
Is it the same? I don't know it may be, it may be similar or it may be different.

I automatically rock back and forth when singing sweat lodge songs. I am glad it is dark in the lodge
as I might not have started rocking when I first started rocking if everyone could see me.
I know in a sweat lodge you are taken to the edge of survival at times.
Same with the vision quest. It is sometimes called the little death.

if i wasn't all by myself sitting in my pickup i wouldn't of began rocking and so on. lol.

hollow bones is an excellent way to describe. you hollow out and where you are hallow is where the energy has a home. it may move around and slosh around like joy juice. up and down. your primary experience of yourself becomes that liquid flowing energy. what you feel most. would bet its all the same for everyone. how we communicate it and interpret it is where things get different.

trade out is when you do a job for someone and they do a job in return. like barter.

the thing that was of most benefit for me was how everyone has their own dream and path. thats what i got out of the book. maybe im wrong. i dont know? right or wrong for me having my own dream and path is awesome. when i first really began thinking hard about that it reminded me of up in smoke(cheech and chong movie) where they didnt like the uniforms from curtis for their band. cheech said something like they needed to be the same but different. lol. we all have much in common but we are all different.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 26-03-2021, 12:37 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
I haven’t met/known that many Amerinds. But most of those I have met/known, do have psychic abilities.
One friendship was especially good. Talk about love and having your heart chakra opened …. and not needing mobile phones because of the telepathic communication.
And the very first Amerind I met, the ‘Nondual Silent Communion’ descended upon us like a “Holy Spirit” or “Grace”.

But then again, because of telepathy, somebody getting the wrong end of the stick and imagining you have stolen their ‘song’ or ‘dance’ – can out-of-the-blue, “king-hit” you – sending a psychic death threat, with so much hate attached it makes your world go surreal.
Wow that was heavy.

Then again living the latter part of my childhood with a malicious narcissist with strong psychic abilities using ‘psychic attacks’ should have taught me something.

I think these psychic abilities are part of Amerind and shamanic legacy.
I enjoyed nothing more so much than talks with the older generation who were always talking about omens, signs, spirit helpers, talking to the departed, premonitions – other energetic manifestations etc. etc. etc. as if normal everyday life.

These are gifts that can be used for alignment with Spirit and to serve, but now the shamen gone, that old way of life having been so demoralized, people still have these ‘energy-patterns’, but now one needs to individually learn how to deal with them.

The more spiritually aligned I have become, the more these energetic things have happened, you do not seek them, they are a side-effect.
So one can tone it down as well. Which I have.

Then again, some folks do go for these ‘side-effects’ seeking not ‘one-spirit’ ‘one-heart’ but dualistic power for themselves, which is scary.
Like when that fireball person talked about ‘love’, the hollow-emptiness of the words made one freeze to the core and one’s blood curdle.

When it comes to Kundalini, I’d like to remain neutral.
Not to resist it – because then I’ll summon it.
Not to summon it – because then I’ll summon it.
Leaving it to Spirit. If it is meant to be, the “Spirit Design” will happen.

i think that's a good outlook regarding kundalini.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 26-03-2021, 01:01 AM
ImthatIm

running

Barter ah yeah, a trade. So simple now.

Paths are all unique.
Sometimes our paths can merge and help each other it seems
then we go about and have our own experiences.
I wish there were maps/You are HERE/ and then a nice line saying path is this way and here is the destination.

Nope. No such thing.
I do like your way of saying you feel your way.
I do to. I get other help through dreams and visions and hearing speech
that does not come from me. Certain pulls or things sticking out.
I am sure you know what mean.
Sensing, is another term I like. I just sense something.
Even physical signs come. I am a bad interpreter but certain things
raise my antennas.
If it don't raise my antennas I am happy minding my bees wax.
Old 26-03-2021, 01:27 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
running

Barter ah yeah, a trade. So simple now.

Paths are all unique.
Sometimes our paths can merge and help each other it seems
then we go about and have our own experiences.
I wish there were maps/You are HERE/ and then a nice line saying path is this way and here is the destination.

Nope. No such thing.
I do like your way of saying you feel your way.
I do to. I get other help through dreams and visions and hearing speech
that does not come from me. Certain pulls or things sticking out.
I am sure you know what mean.
Sensing, is another term I like. I just sense something.
Even physical signs come. I am a bad interpreter but certain things
raise my antennas.
If it don't raise my antennas I am happy minding my bees wax.

i know what you mean about where we are and where we are going. it would be nice to have a map or something.

this is an intuitive message i got. "freedom lies in circles." i think my guidance stole that from indigenous peoples around the world. lol. more so i think its a spiritual reality of how things travel. my opinion.

so perhaps we are just going in a circle. lol

Wherever I May Roam
Old 26-03-2021, 01:30 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Black Elk Speaks ...

Now that is a book I do want to read.

What little I had read of Yoganada was good as well.

my two favorites. iautobiographies. i love that kind of book. telling their story from their heart.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 26-03-2021, 01:31 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
i know what you mean about where we are and where we are going. it would be nice to have a map or something.

this is an intuitive message i got. "freedom lies in circles." i think my guidance stole that from indigenous peoples around the world. lol. more so i think its a spiritual reality of how things travel. my opinion.

so perhaps we are just going in a circle. lol

Awe, the Circle of Life.
It is a universal teaching as far as I know.
A circular energy or Life from the atom to the whole universe.

Your intuition picked up on my hesitation to bring in the linear map example.
But it's all I had at the time.