Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 20-11-2020, 10:53 PM
Knower
Does it run in the family

I discovered today that my late brother was a psychic and a medium. When he was young he dabbled with the ouija board but one evening the table moved quite violently and pinned one of the circle against the wall. The person was convinced something was trying to kill him. They all became very scared and called in a bishop to carry out an exorcism. My brother was drawn to the church after that. He made his wife promise never to dabble in spiritualism or go to a spiritualist church and she has kept that promise. His wife is psychic and is a healer and their two daughters are both psychic and have mediumship gifts but they are both really frightened of it. My bother tried his hardest to deny his gift but he said the spirits were always on at him to give people messages and he couldn't stop it. My gift isn't so strong. I'm wondering if the gift is passed down through families. Our three times great uncle was supposed to be able to see dead people as if they were alive and he is with me a lot as a guide. I've felt him stroke my hair. My mother was also psychic and had precognitive dreams. It seems the gift runs in families. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 21-11-2020, 02:39 PM
Master
Hi,

I would say that these gifts run in families for reasons other than genetic. What happens in families is that the belief in an unseen world gets validation. I person's belief in what is real and what is not real has a lot to do with psychic skills and abilities.

Then there are those people who are energetically sensitive. They may be in a family which does not believe in psychic things. For that person is experiencing a reality their family does not recognize as real.

My opinion is that the family beliefs influence these matters in strong ways. The greater the family awareness, the more likely it would be that these skills and abilities would be allowed to surface.

My understanding is that Every human has the inherent skills and abilities of some one like Jesus Christ. Our choice to repress them or not is often based on environmental beliefs.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 21-11-2020, 09:39 PM
Deactivated Account
Does mediumship run in the family? It can, it may. Does it always run in the family? no

Is psychic awareness/sensitivity the same as mediumship? no
Old 22-11-2020, 04:17 AM
Gracey

Yea, it runs in my family...
Old 22-11-2020, 10:56 AM
Administrator
Yes it runs in the family. but not always

Namaste
Old 22-11-2020, 11:29 AM
Master
It seems to run in my family.

I have at least 2 sisters that are involved.

I remember when I was 3, my Mother took me to see a psychic.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 22-11-2020, 12:24 PM
Master
It often does.
I think it has to do with choosing a setting -including a family- before you incarnate that match you and the lessons you want to learn. This is of course reciprocal, what you need touches upon what they need.
And like Lightworkers tend to be born in a family that is more open to this, I guess the same goes for all paranormal and spiritual people.

I recently discovered that it runs quite far back in my dad's family. Now I had never known about this so it was quite a surprise and made me feel so good! As if I could finally truly really land.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:55 AM
Newbie ;)

I believe that it runs in the family. My 3 adult children and at least one of my grandchildren have different abilities. One could astral fly and see spirits. One could see and talk to spirits, was followed everywhere by 3 spirit cats. One is empathic and can occasionally hear and see spirits. My grandchild was talking to and seeing my mother in a mirror and even picked her out in series of photos said the name that she was known by all my children. My mother died before any of her great, great grand children were born.

My father never said anything to me but from different conversations we had I am pretty certain that he had some ability.
Old 13-12-2020, 01:18 PM
asearcher

The ones I know (not that many to be fair) - yeah, those cases it runs in the family.

For me, yeah, that too, but too a strong fight against it - so two teams fighting each other pretty much. I just happen, unfortunately, to be born in the team where one was forbidden to talk about it, I was left to think I was crazy, til finally someone (spiritually) took my hand (our grandma) and led me to understand her journey before.
Old 13-12-2020, 02:27 PM
Deactivated Account
It's not uncommon for some family generations to display mediumship or psychic awareness (they ARE different) but that doesn't automatically mean a budding practitioner will find another family member who displays/displayed such attributes.

Does it run in the family? It MAY run in a family. But not always......