Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old Today, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
Well I believe that our God is; 'THE FIRST and THE LAST', 'THE BEGINNING and END', 'THE ALPHA and OMEGA', 'THE FATHER', and SON'.
It is my belief that the Alpha dies in the process of evolving into the Omega, the two are one in different positions in the timelessness of eternity, who exists in a much higher time dimension, and I believe He 'The Omega God', who already exists in our future, is the one who mentally descended from his high point in time and revealed to his prophets that which is to occur in our future, which is in fact his living past.
I don't know where you got this concept. I would like to know.
(I'm sorry if you said, I missed it.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Old Today, 04:14 PM
Ascender

Kalki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 77 EXCERPT: There are several traditions, including Hinduism, that talk of Avatars or Buddhas or the "Son of God" or the 12th Imam coming to raise mankind in times of trouble. I am sure that you are aware of this.

Just because there is a single reference to Kalki in the Mahabharata does not seem to support your statement that what I wrote is not based on fact. .
Yes i get what u meant . There are later additions / changes. Like treating Buddha as 10th incarnation of vishnu in later part which even i referenced earlier. And not all additions /changes may be great. Quite many a changes could be written as hope of persecuted vanquished person or as a way to impress researching english /european historians.
Old Today, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
So, what happens to those who "CAN'T" attain Moksha?
TA, you are acting as if you don't understand reincarnation.
That is, learning, growing, purifying to ultimately awaken to God or Self-realization, enlightenment -whatever name used;
moving on from this earthly cycle of birth and death.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Old Today, 04:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Indeed there is lot of researched material on this to prove your point. Also his barbaric ways may be the reason why buddhism did not came to full grips in india.

Mybe, who knows.... according to some researched material I have read He decided to massacre Non Buddhist which proves He definitely wasn't truly a follower of The Buddha.
Old Today, 06:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Indeed there is lot of researched material on this to prove your point. Also his barbaric ways may be the reason why buddhism did not came to full grips in india.

But if it wasn't for King Ashoka, Buddhism might not exist today. He was instrumental in putting the Buddhist writings together. He is considered by some to be the Father of Vegetarianism and that of showing love, not cruelty, to animals.

Sure, he 'started off' bad, but his Heart changed to the better. The World is better off because he existed.

This goes to show...... people can change for the good.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old Today, 10:05 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 80 EXCERPT: So, in your opinion, God is a "moving target" evolving ! Interesting.

Quantum physicists have revealed that so called physical atoms are made up of vortices of energy that are constantly spinning and vibrating, each one radiating its own unique energy signature.

If you observe the composition of an atom with a microscope you would see a small, invisible tornado-like vortex, with a number of infinitely small energy vortices called quarks and photons. These are what make up the structure of the atom. As you focused in closer and closer on the structure of the atom, you would see nothing, you would observe a physical void. The atom has no physical structure, we have no physical structure, physical things really don’t have any physical structure! Atoms are made out of “INVISIBLE ENERGY”, not tangible matter.

Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like ‘A GREAT THOUGHT’ than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. (R. C. Henry, “The Mental Universe”; Nature 436:29, 2005)

Brahman is said to be the essential divine reality of the universe, the eternal Spirit (Non Physical) who manifests himself as this apparent physical universe, (Which has no physical properties at all) all being, is said to issue from Brahman and all must return to him at the close of each period of universal activity.

To the Hindu, Brahman is ‘THE GREAT THOUGHT’, and my God is ’The Great Thought,’ the collective consciousness of all that exists.

Every living thing within this apparent boundless cosmos, are merely information gatherers for the eternal energy, which manifests itself as this living universe and is all that exists and is, ’The Great Thought,’ the collective consciousness of all that exists. At any given point in time, you are no more than inches away from a spider, fly, ant, or any other of the many information gatherers of the eternal, who is all that exists.

Jeremiah 23: 23-24; “I am a God who is everywhere and not in one place only. No one can hide where I cannot see him. Do you not know that I am everywhere in heaven and on earth? He has eyes and ears everywhere throughout the universe that is he.

And My God is the same today as He was yesterday and will be into all eternity. He is the only true constant in that He constantly evolves from everlasting to everlasting.

The only mind that can cease to evolve, is the mind that has ceased to exist.

Is your Brahman an eternal being S.W, or do you believe that He will one day cease to exist?

PBU you S.W.
Old Today, 11:11 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
TA, you are acting as if you don't understand reincarnation.

After the body in which the mind had developed dies, the mind/spirit which has been imprinted onto the God given Soul, is Judged as to whether it enters Nirvana or is cast back into the refining fires of Physical life again.

The new body that the then (MINDLESS) soul receives, must climb the ladder of evolution once again and develop a new mind in the process. But the old body and invisible mind, will have ceased to exist.

The soul that is reincarnated as a rat. does not have the mind of a human being.

Much the same as the biblical account of what happens to the unrepentant wicked mind after it is released from its body which body cannot inherit the spiritual kingdom of God, and is cast back into the refining fires which is the second death, the death of that wicked mind, and the then mindless soul is given a new body in which to develop a new mind.

But unlike the Hindu belief, there is no endless cycle of deaths and rebirths for every individual soul.

To the believer of the scriptures handed down by the lord, He who inherited the throne of the MOST HIGH in the creation, was told to record the name of every soul and to appoint its position into all eternity, for all souls are said to be prepared to eternity.

1 Corinthians 15:42; So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 15:44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. But there are many different sorts of bodies. See 1 Corinthians 15: 1-58.

I hope now, that you 'Miss Hepburn' understand that I do understand that re-incarnation is the death of the rejected mind after its first death, which is the death of the body in which that rejected mind had developed.

May our God preserve you mate.
Old Today, 11:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I don't know where you got this concept. I would like to know.

It is like if you have a glass filled with water, you aren't going to be able to put wine in it until you get rid of the water. Kind of a death of the water...

the 'born again' concept in christianity is similar.