Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 27-09-2021, 08:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
Can you explain why time, as measured by the clock and used to build our technologically-driven physical world would not be physical if we removed the clock?
The clock makes time physical to us, as numbers. it is 3:34 am, as I type this, time before this 3:34 am is a memory of mine, before 3 am is a memory of mine of me sleeping.

I was not really sleeping before 3am, I was sleeping in the NOW. I say I was sleeping before 3 am because the clock said it was 3am, when I woke up.

Right now the clock says it is 3:49am. this 3:49am is the same NOW as the NOW of 3:34 am and of the before 3 am when I was sleeping, whatever time the clock says it is now, is totally and comepletly irrelevent to the NOW.

Believing whatever the clock says what time it is now, to be true, psychologicaly implies that there was a past and that there is going to be a future. Our measurement of the movement of the earth rotating around the sun is also irrelevent to the NOW, because the NOW has nothing to do with our measuring the movement of the earth rotating around the sun, except of course we always do the measuring in the NOW.

The scientists and engineers, that you mentioned, know that they are or were getting a paycheck in the future for the works they have done as scientists and engineers.
Old 27-09-2021, 01:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Right now the clock says it is 3:49am. this 3:49am is the same NOW as the NOW of 3:34 am and of the before 3 am when I was sleeping, whatever time the clock says it is now, is totally and comepletly irrelevent to the NOW.

Does your realization of the NOW, a state of existence in which there is no physical time, has any practical value to you? If all humanity shared your perception, what hardships would be eliminated?
Old 28-09-2021, 11:51 AM
Master
Based on something that happened yesterday, I want to add something else to this discussion on "time" .. specifically on the "future".

My understanding is that the future is already in the process of formation and descending on us (metaphorically speaking) as part of the Eternal Now. As in repeatable presentiment experiments mentioned previously, one can draw the future towards us in certain situations.

With that in mind,I have a doctor friend from central america who was very worried about his medical boards examination yesterday, Monday, September 27th. While meditating on him this past week, I told him that the examination questions were in the process of finalization and that he should concentrate on that and focus his final preparation for the exam on what intuitively came to mind. At the same time, I meditated with the hope that his last few days of study would intuitively focus on what would be most beneficial to him so that he would be able to answer the questions on the exam. He called me immediately after the exam and told me that he knew virtually everything on the exam as the questions corresponded to what he had been focusing on during his final preparation days. Is this a coincidence or is it not?

Incidentally,in Autobiography of a Yogi, Yogananda had a very similar experience on an exam which he took and also had similar advice from his teacher, Sri Yukteswar, regarding preparing for the examination.

P.S. As a sidenote to this point, this may answer to some degree a question that Ayar415 raised regarding the "practical value" of understanding the nature of time and the Eternal NOW.
Old 28-09-2021, 02:17 PM
Master
Exams are stately… the exams of the prospective of time diminutions are trusting the trading… when we cycle through them ,we have dominated doing nothing in travelling in these distinctions- more care in the future when these preparations come and invite us out to do some time consuming….

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 28-09-2021, 02:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
At the same time, I meditated with the hope that his last few days of study would intuitively focus on what would be most beneficial to him so that he would be able to answer the questions on the exam.

I had a different approach to exams. I ensured that I understood everything in the syllabus and covered all areas. It took work and all my waking hours. I was never focused on passing. I went for gold. I could answer every question and aced all the exams. It was an ego thing for me. I had to beat everyone in class. I was driven by the belief that there was no way some other student could understand any topic better than me. I did miss a couple of times when I did not come out on top. The other guy was brilliant, and I admired that.

When it comes to spirituality, I am certain I am better than the Dalai Lama and the Pope. Is there no one else?
Old 28-09-2021, 04:56 PM
Master

Quote:
When it comes to spirituality, I am certain I am better than the Dalai Lama and the Pope. Is there no one else?

Your assertion may be true, who knows ? But do you have have the specifics and permission to teach and impart the 'The Kalachakra Tantra' , Kalachakra means 'Wheel of Time' btw. ?

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 28-09-2021, 09:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Your assertion may be true, who knows ? But do you have have the specifics and permission to teach and impart the 'The Kalachakra Tantra' , Kalachakra means 'Wheel of Time' btw. ?

I said "spirituality", not spiritual beliefs invented by the mind.

Take for example, your "NOW". It can be an imagined state accessible through reasoning by the mind. Sure, it is logical to chop off the yesterday as a rememberance and cut away the tomorrow as a product of imagination leaving what you call "NOW". But what is it in real terms? How does one function in your NOW "without the "movement of thought and everything is silent" (as Krishnamurti phrased it)? Is it possible to live a practical life that way? The idea frightens me. I wouldn't want to be in a jet flying over the rockies to Narita with you as the pilot in the cockpit.

So, can you assure me that you were just speculating, and that NOW is another expression for Buddha-nature

Last edited by ayar415 : 29-09-2021 at 02:30 PM.
Old 29-09-2021, 06:19 AM
Master

Quote:
I said "spirituality", not spiritual beliefs invented by the mind.

Take for example, your "NOW". It can be an imagined state accessible through reasoning by the mind. Sure, it is logical to chop off the yesterday as a rememberance and cut away the tomorrow as a product of imagination leaving what you call "NOW".

Well that word 'Now' doesn't do alot for me if I am to be honest. Think about it's common usuages, " Now hear this" or " I want it and I want it now ", " Now is the Winter of our discontent", you know how it rolls etc. Anyway the word meant sweet FA before it became fashionable to use it and it still means sweet FA. ...Oh look John I'm in the Eternal Now !!! ....Susan Susan come quickly i think ive reached the 'Eternal Now' !!!! ..etc etc. Kind Regards. Joe.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 29-09-2021 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 29-09-2021, 03:12 PM
Master
QUOTE 215 EXCERPT:

Quote:
I had a different approach to exams.

I was never focused on passing. I went for gold. I could answer every question and aced all the exams. It was an ego thing for me. I had to beat everyone in class.

Like yourself, I too was "never focused on passing" but "went for the gold".

I was first in my elementary school classes which included grades 1-8. I was first in a class of 370 in all four years of high school. I was also a Phi Beta Kappa in college and usually had the highest grade in whatever classes I was taking. The pattern continued in graduate school.

In addition, I was on a high school track team that was the Bronx-Manhattan-Westchester champions for all four years of high school and NYC Champions during one of those 4 years.

In addition, I was first in my programming course at my first job with IBM.

As a consultant, I HAD to know everything in order to address questions during presentations.

In spirituality, I investigated the various traditions in depth and met extraordinary beings in each of the wisdom traditions.

That creates a lot of pressure, doesn't it?

Now, I focus strictly on what is of primary interest to me and am perfectly content with that.
Old 29-09-2021, 07:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Now, I focus strictly on what is of primary interest to me and am perfectly content with that.

It was your post about your doctor friend that triggered my response. I am not being dismissive of your intuitive approach to dealing with exams. But your friend was being vetted for professional aptitude and technical competence as a medical practitioner by his peers before he gets his license to practice. Are you from central America also? Ethical standards do vary across cultures. Also, I could have lost touch with what is acceptable today even in the USA where leaving stuff in a patient's abdomen is not unheard of. I don't go to doctors anyway.

Last edited by ayar415 : 29-09-2021 at 09:22 PM.