Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-09-2021, 12:18 AM
Master

Miss H this surprises me a lot in a good way though, about the copying thing haha

the odes of solomon sealed the deal for me. its like finding out what you wished to be true was true!
Old 25-09-2021, 01:01 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
the odes of solomon sealed the deal for me. its like finding out what you wished to be true was true!

So, the supposed odes of Solomon, of unproven origin, titillate the tastebuds of your mind, do they David? While you find the words of Jesus and his young nephew John his beloved disciple, distasteful and refuse to swallow the truths that they reveal.

Ah well, like I have said previously, you are free to believe whatsoever you choose to believe, and to spit out that which you find distasteful and cannot swallow.
Old 25-09-2021, 07:37 AM
Master
Quote:
does eternal death = non-existence, so there is no trace of them left?

i see varieties of teachings existing in the earliest church not one single teaching on this subject leaving us to navigate it as best we can. i trust however divine justice works it is good, truly good not just 'good' because of God. we would also call it good. Mickiel would have no objections. i believe certain ideas crept into Christianity along the way from outside sources and recognise that it happened through study of scripture

Well the scientific revolution helped get rid of some things , church teachings and science were unruly bedfellows.
Old 25-09-2021, 08:09 AM
Knower

Quote:
I gotta say it, i don't believe God is going to curse anyone like that or will any of that literal stuff happen about fire lakes. What it is, is when Jesus came he corrected our perception of God that the pharisee's had got wrong

Revelation 3: 21; “To those who win the victory I will give the right to sit beside me on my throne, just as I have been victorious and now sit by my Father on his throne.”

Revelation 2: 26-28; “To those who win the victory, who continue to the end to do what I want, I will give the same authority that I received from my Father: I will give them authority over the nations, to rule them with an iron rod and to break them to pieces like clay pots.”

Zechariah 14: 1-3; The day when the LORD will sit in judgement is near. Then Jerusalem will be looted, and the loot will be divided up before your eyes. The LORD will bring all the nations together to make war on Jerusalem. The city will be taken, the houses looted, and the women raped. Half the people will go into exile, but the rest of them will not be taken away from the city. Then the LORD will go out and fight against those nations, as he has fought in times past.

The Future Deliverance of Jerusalem.
Zechariah 12: 9-10; At that time, I will destroy every nation that tries to attack Jerusalem.

“I will fill the descendants of David and the other people of Jerusalem with the spirit of mercy and the spirit of prayer. They will look at the one whom they pieced, and they will mourn for him like those who mourn for an only child.

Isaiah 63: 1-6; “Who is this coming from the city of Bozrah in Edom? Who is this so splendidly dressed in red, marching along in power and strength?”

“It is the LORD, powerful to save, coming to announce his victory.”

“Why is his clothing so red, like that of someone who tramples grapes to make wine?”

The LORD answers, “I have trampled the nations like grapes, and no one came to help me. I trampled them in my anger, and their blood has stained all my clothing. I decided that the time to save my people had come; it was time to punish their enemies. I was amazed when I looked and saw that there was no one to help me. But my anger made me strong, and I won the victory myself. In my anger I trampled whole nations and shattered them. I poured out their lifeblood on the ground.”

Who do you suppose that the Lord through his prophets is referring to here, other than the one who has been given authority over the nations, to rule them with an iron rod and to break them to pieces like clay pots?”

Acts 17: 31; For he (The Lord) has fixed a day in which he will judge the whole world with justice by means of a 'MAN' he has 'CHOSEN'. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that 'MAN' from death!”

The day that the Lord has fixed, is the great Sabbath of one thousand years, of which the weekly Sabbath was but a shadow of that coming reality. See Colossians 2; 16-17.

Last edited by The Anointed : 25-09-2021 at 12:05 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
So, the supposed odes of Solomon, of unproven origin, titillate the tastebuds of your mind, do they David? While you find the words of Jesus and his young nephew John his beloved disciple, distasteful and refuse to swallow the truths that they reveal.

It's not quite like that!
I'm sure there is much on which we agree and think the same
The Odes were used in the early church they are worship songs. I pay them the attention i think they deserve that's all. it's not they titillate so much they resonate with truth just like what i felt when i read other scripture. With them and with Revelation its how to interpret it? I mean as a whole with every other scripture so that light shines in the mind. Anyone can prove what they want from scripture depending on what they choose to quote. They really are justifying what they already believe and there's people saying God is like this, God is like that. I decided really we are on our own and have to figure it out ourselves with God's help of course.
So it might look like i'm refusing to swallow some truth but really it's just accommodating what God seems to have shown himself to be like
I'm not trying to say there is no divine justice, there is. Like I said i'm sure there is much on which we agree
Old Yesterday, 11:34 AM
Knower

Quote:
I'm not trying to say there is no divine justice, there is. Like I said i'm sure there is much on which we agree

And I love you too David.