Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 03-10-2021, 07:35 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
So am I ;)
Just curious - am I the only one who is meeting up with one narcissist, psychopath after another?

Yes, they are around.
HOWEVER,
Most people in this world are good and certainly not narcissists or psychopathy.
I am sure that you meet good people all the time.

So, if you are focusing those few narcissists or psychopath or you are attracted to these types, then you need to look within you.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:50 PM
asearcher

Yes, I know =) and thank God for that, but that's why I think it's strange this keeps happening - it shouldn't, take psychopaths for example, they are only 2% of the population. It's crazy. Well, I guess I'm just gonna hope this zimmers down, what ever it is that is going on. No, I am def not attracted, but I think in my past life I was at first and had trouble distinquish, before it was too late. Maybe it has just spilled over to this one, like an echo. Perhaps I am being tested if I have learned the lesson/s or not.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:51 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
It seems there is a phenomenon the Doc discovered...once exposed to the memories from the past*, the patient
is no longer troubled with the issue!
Voila, the phobia, the pattern goes away!!! Truly weird, to me. I mean how? Why?

Hmmm.. I don't think that is true for all cases.
I read in one of postings that a couple knew about their past lives when their marriages/relationships never lasted long time for one reason or another.- usually one of them departing the physical world much earlier than the other (within few year after they were together).
They found out about their soul connection and this repeating cycle in this life time; however, the wife died within 2 yrs after their marriage in this life. The husband wrote how their pattern still continued even after they knew about it. She died from breast cancer so there was not anything they could do about it.

In addition, although we think that we are just learning during this incarnation about the repeating karma/cycle in past lives, we may also had known about the repeating karma/cycle in our past lives.
Spirituality and the knowledge of incarnation are not new to this life time.
In fact, these knowledge and spiritual practices were widely accepted in the previous generations around the world. - much more so than today
Old 03-10-2021, 08:27 PM
Master

Majority of narcisism and codependancy behaviour is a learned, coping mechanisim in humans, change your communication style and beliefs about asking for and recieving love and your relationships will probably start reflecting that.

True psychopathy only exisits in a tiny portion of society and most likely serves a function in human society IMO.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
...I don't think that is true for all cases.
Is anything ever true in all cases?
When a Magnum cum laude Columbia and Yale grad, MD, that has seen 1000s of patients says:
"The important part of this to me is that when you use this as therapy,
people get better
. Whether you believe in it or not, the therapist or the patient . . .
symptoms start to resolve and people begin to feel better and see relationships in a different way
," it means something to me.
I haven't seen a percentage given.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-10-2021, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Majority of narcisism and codependancy behaviour is a learned, ...
Hi, Well in the case of narcissism, I could add a little more: Trauma has happened in the early years when the developmental stages
of the brain are evolving.

It is 'incurable'. Why?
Because you can repair a bridge that has collapsed...but in the brain 'the bridge' - aka, the synapses NEVER grew
to where they would normally connect. There was never any 'bridge'.
There is no connection that can be made.

Yes, they can learn to remember a person's birthday and 'seem' normal,
(a birthday and person that you do not care in the least about) because they have seen smiles, when they do
they repeat the behavior.
I could give examples of why the synapses do not connect. It's terrible. One of the US presidents is a classic
case of this terrible abuse at that developing stage.(It's not their fault!) :(

But, suffice it to say ---think of the Rhesus monkeys dying not ever being held or hugged. 1950's experiments.
Narcissists - just saying, tho they hurt many people...their cases are medically tragic.

Co-dependency can be 'cured' btw. Another typical survival technique; but can be changed if they want to...if it
bothers them. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-10-2021, 10:12 PM
Master
Interesting comment.
So is the person being affected by the Narcissist, is that the one who has to change?
I suspect so and that might be extremely difficult for most.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 04-10-2021, 05:01 AM
asearcher

Some of my thoughts on narcissism...we are now in a time where we are allowed to be more selfish than before, social media is one way of looking at it "look at me". Those who want to make a career often told, encouraged to beat everyone else down on their way to the top. Some times, with unjust, some individuals are called out to be narcissistic even at the core of them they are not. So in their cases they could change, if they wanted to but then again at the core they are no true narcissist.

I have (sadly) been around a true narcissist for years. I've seen the damage it has done. The only one saving this narcissist for still having a family is the other family members, patching things up, taking a lot of punches (mentally).

All I can say is that the first time I met this narcissist it was as if the eyes were damaged, as if I could see that "one island" of thoughts, depth were not connected to another, not as it is in a normal brain. I rarely saw that individual and it did not empose a threat to me. All of that changed after me and my then luv had a baby and families are more tied together then. That was when all the trouble began. Not to excuse the narcissist but the background from which this one has survived, and I truly mean the word survive, is that it was first the victim of a narcissist self, before becoming one.

When one understands the depht, the non hope there is for a true narcissist, it is scary. One wants to think anyone can better themselves and if I only tried to explain it this way - I will get through. No. Just forget about it. They should come with a survival menual. What differentitate them from others with tragic backgrounds is that they don't suffer mentally, like someone having a depression or anxiety, they just basically mold everone else down on their path. They lack the empathy. One can be on a different place on the ladder for narcissism, why these days we talk more about narcissistic trades, can be some variety to it.

Last edited by asearcher : 04-10-2021 at 04:39 PM.