Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-02-2021, 05:59 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
very good.

the way, spirits way and not the ways of the flesh
the truth, i am spirit
the life unencumbered

2 Corinthians 3:17
where the spirit of the lord is, there is freedom

JEREMIAH 23:33
AMPC
And when these people, or a prophet or a priest, ask you, What is the burden of the Lord? the thing to be lifted up now? then you shall say to them, What burden! You are the burden!

Nice verse.(Jer. 23:33) I laughed when I read it.
I was reminded of :
Matthew 11:28-30
New International Version

Quote:
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Old 09-02-2021, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
We don't have to take ad litteram all those quotes. They were symbolical. There is no judgement for punishment.

NDE's are no proof of what happens when one dies. They are translations of non-physical experiences in the language of our five senses (to be perceived by our egos). The non-physical isn't perceivable through our five senses.

I met one-on-one with a Tibetan Buddhist monk who watched his master literally raise a monk from the dead to guide him through the death process. He wrote about it in the "Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" but we discussed it in greater detail than described in the book.

I heard the monk (Sogyal Rimpoche) speak at St. Peter's Church in NYC after which he asked if anyone in the audience had a near death experience. I was the only one who responded affirmatively and he asked me to meet with him after the lecture and I did. There are definite parallels between NDEs and the death experience. There are also parallels between going to sleep and the death experience as anyone who has practiced conscious sleep can tell you.

The subject of what happens after death has long been of interest to me and my NDE served as an initial catalyst for that investigation.

The five senses, which you mention in your post, are not relevant to the experience though one may attempt to relate the experience in terms of the five senses so that people can understand. However, one sees without the physical eyes, hears without the physical ears, etc.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:38 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I met one-on-one with a Tibetan Buddhist monk who watched his master literally raise a monk from the dead to guide him through the death process. He wrote about it in the "Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" but we discussed it in greater detail than described in the book.

I heard the monk (Sogyal Rimpoche) speak at St. Peter's Church in NYC after which he asked if anyone in the audience had a near death experience. I was the only one who responded affirmatively and he asked me to meet with him after the lecture and I did. There are definite parallels between NDEs and the death experience. There are also parallels between going to sleep and the death experience as anyone who has practiced conscious sleep can tell you.

The subject of what happens after death has long been of interest to me and my NDE served as an initial catalyst for that investigation.

The five senses, which you mention in your post, are not relevant to the experience though one may attempt to relate the experience in terms of the five senses so that people can understand. However, one sees without the physical eyes, hears without the physical ears, etc.

Interesting account. It would be more interesting if you saw the monk raise someone from the dead, and even more interesting if I saw the monk raise someone from the dead, and most interesting if the monk rose me from the dead, but alas we can't have it all can we. Yet, an interesting account nonetheless.

Your last point was one that popped into my head as well. Nobody truly senses the five senses any more then anyone sits at the computer watching bytes of binary data stream by. We sense (so to speak) what the mind creates for us to sense from that data, as rendered by the graphics processing program that mind/brain is and has created. We 'sense' a world of imagination. A world we can imagine and interpret into a heaven or hell, or somewhere it between, with the way to finding either being perhaps one link back to the topic of this thread.

Of course whether there is any "stuff" for those senses to base those binary pulses on is a whole other can of worms. A fun can, but the worms are much squirmier than most.
Old 09-02-2021, 06:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters

I practice conscious sleep every night. I experienced conscious death while regressing many times: it is like waking up from sleep to a different you than the one you died. Until you ask for the experience to take form, it is formless. Then you can see a symbolical translation of what's happening.

As far as I know, the five physical senses are specific to the ego (our whole-self's aspect while we focus in the physical framework). The non-physical is formless (in 3D terms) as it is multidimensional, and there are other, inner senses in use.

Again, as far as I know, all the non-physical experience that trickles down to our conscious selves, our ego while alive, is translated in terms of the 5 senses, because we can't perceive the non-physical (no space, no time in physical terms, multidimensional consciousness).
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:44 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
We don't have to take ad litteram all those quotes. They were symbolical. There is no judgement for punishment.

there is something like a judgement as we end up where we belong. more so in the spiritual world than this physical one. but even though there is a pretty big range on this physical world, here too, if one reached a certain level of advancement, they would not be coming to this physical plane anymore. so in a sense we are judged by what we are, and end up where we fit or belong.

the way life can be on earth, it can be totally seen as a punishment. if one does evil things, harms others on purpose, perhaps even enjoys it, a punishment will come of some kind, they will experience back onto themselves the suffering they caused in others. the goal is of course not to punish for punishments sake, but to build empathy and compassion in a soul
Old 10-02-2021, 12:15 AM
Pathfinder

States determine what you believe, experience is from I AM, outside produces churches made with hands and fake beliefs with fear, inside will free you as I AM that can't die.
Old 10-02-2021, 04:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Interesting account. It would be more interesting if you saw the monk raise someone from the dead, and even more interesting if I saw the monk raise someone from the dead, and most interesting if the monk rose me from the dead, but alas we can't have it all can we. Yet, an interesting account nonetheless.

Your last point was one that popped into my head as well. Nobody truly senses the five senses any more then anyone sits at the computer watching bytes of binary data stream by. We sense (so to speak) what the mind creates for us to sense from that data, as rendered by the graphics processing program that mind/brain is and has created. We 'sense' a world of imagination. A world we can imagine and interpret into a heaven or hell, or somewhere it between, with the way to finding either being perhaps one link back to the topic of this thread.

Of course whether there is any "stuff" for those senses to base those binary pulses on is a whole other can of worms. A fun can, but the worms are much squirmier than most.

For your information, there is another story about raising a person from the dead in Yogananda's "Autobiography of a Yogi" with comments from the one raised from the dead about what had transpired when he was "dead". Once again, there was a definite parallel between my own NDE and the ACTUAL "death" experience".

As for the five senses, you raise interesting points as I have been taking online MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) courses lately from major universities on physiology, chronic pain, and other topics which includes fascinating info on the functioning of the five senses. If interesting, check out the FREE courses at www.coursera.org.
Old 10-02-2021, 04:24 PM
Master
Quote:
I practice conscious sleep every night. I experienced conscious death while regressing many times: it is like waking up from sleep to a different you than the one you died. Until you ask for the experience to take form, it is formless. Then you can see a symbolical translation of what's happening.

As far as I know, the five physical senses are specific to the ego (our whole-self's aspect while we focus in the physical framework). The non-physical is formless (in 3D terms) as it is multidimensional, and there are other, inner senses in use.

Again, as far as I know, all the non-physical experience that trickles down to our conscious selves, our ego while alive, is translated in terms of the 5 senses, because we can't perceive the non-physical (no space, no time in physical terms, multidimensional consciousness).

Since you practice conscious sleep, I am wondering if you have observed how the body and the senses manifest in dream formation as there are very profound implications in keeping with the Hermetic Principle (As above, so below) and it's Judaic-Christian equivalent (Man is made in the image of God).

Your points are very well taken.
Old 10-02-2021, 04:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
there is something like a judgement as we end up where we belong. more so in the spiritual world than this physical one. but even though there is a pretty big range on this physical world, here too, if one reached a certain level of advancement, they would not be coming to this physical plane anymore. so in a sense we are judged by what we are, and end up where we fit or belong.

the way life can be on earth, it can be totally seen as a punishment. if one does evil things, harms others on purpose, perhaps even enjoys it, a punishment will come of some kind, they will experience back onto themselves the suffering they caused in others. the goal is of course not to punish for punishments sake, but to build empathy and compassion in a soul

You made some very good points in your post.

First, "there is something like a judgement as we end up where we belong". Christians express this judgment as "Judgment Day" with Jesus doing the judging. In the east, the judgment is more impersonal in the form of karma. Hence, in that sense, I agree with you that "there is something like a judgment".

Your other comment was interesting "the way life can be on earth, it can be totally seen as a punishment". I sometimes wonder whether this earth is the "purgatory" often cited in some Christian circles.

Nice post.
Old 10-02-2021, 04:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke55
States determine what you believe, experience is from I AM, outside produces churches made with hands and fake beliefs with fear, inside will free you as I AM that can't die.

The "I AM" is not well understood by the masses and I am glad that you brought that up especially in this thread. Understanding the "I AM " to at least some degree seems to have major implications in interpretation the Biblical passage being considered in this thread: "I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life".

In the east, the "I AM" is considered to be that which first emerges during the manifestation/creation process.

I would be interested in hearing more from you on the nature of the "I AM".