Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 16-02-2021, 08:18 AM
Pathfinder

Daily draw

Today, I am feeling a little bit BLEH and while it is not always good to draw cards then( read it in a book), I use it to practice and see if the cards reflect my mood.

So here is my 3 spread for today:
1. 10 of wands reversed
2. 3 of wands
3. 2 of pentacles

My take on it:

10 of wands: I recently ended two relationships, one with a family member and one with a friend because it was no longer healthy for me so this card is very spot on in that regard.

3 of wands: The card tells me it is time to move on and turning your back on things that no longer serve you and seeing other opportunities ahead.

2 of pentacles: This card is all about balance for me and not to get involved in someone else's trouble.
Old 16-02-2021, 10:16 AM
Master
Hi PhoenixRosa!
Since it is a draw for today, the meaning should be around that too. I think your Wands 10 interpretation is more than just the day.

So maybe... Wands 10 Rx: something along the lines of, taking too much responsibility today, that could maybe even be feeling a little guilty? In any case not feeling so good.
3 Wands: starting to look at the bright side more during the day, maybe in the form of daydreaming.
2 Pents: Feeling up and down throughout the day.

Now this is just an example.

In any case, what's important now is to go over them again by the end of the day to see what they actually represented as then you know how the day went.
Doing this is a great way to learn, especially because you have to alter the interpretation a bit for a daycard.
Old 16-02-2021, 11:29 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Hi PhoenixRosa!
Since it is a draw for today, the meaning should be around that too. I think your Wands 10 interpretation is more than just the day.

So maybe... Wands 10 Rx: something along the lines of, taking too much responsibility today, that could maybe even be feeling a little guilty? In any case not feeling so good.
3 Wands: starting to look at the bright side more during the day, maybe in the form of daydreaming.
2 Pents: Feeling up and down throughout the day.

Now this is just an example.

In any case, what's important now is to go over them again by the end of the day to see what they actually represented as then you know how the day went.
Doing this is a great way to learn, especially because you have to alter the interpretation a bit for a daycard.

I like your take on it very much. As I am still learning and don know all the cards that well I do rely on the few books that I have for some more info. When I look at the description of the 2 of pents, at first I thought that despite not feeling too great, I was handeling it is rather well. I much prefer your outlook on it because it is more accurate and how I really feel. I am going to try and not look at the books but go by what I see and write that down and look at the book and description later. I read in one of the books I have that even though the books have a standard description of each card, it is the reader that interprets the cards by what they see?
Old 16-02-2021, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRosa
I like your take on it very much. As I am still learning and don know all the cards that well I do rely on the few books that I have for some more info. When I look at the description of the 2 of pents, at first I thought that despite not feeling too great, I was handeling it is rather well. I much prefer your outlook on it because it is more accurate and how I really feel. I am going to try and not look at the books but go by what I see and write that down and look at the book and description later. I read in one of the books I have that even though the books have a standard description of each card, it is the reader that interprets the cards by what they see?
For me it's a bit of both. Because I've been busy with Tarot so long that I know a basic interpretation of the cards. There's a problem with that though, as you tend to remember part of that interpretation and at some point I felt it was limiting me.
Reading in a book can be very helpful. I still do it at times. It often triggers my intuition or read something that jumps out and I just know intuitively that is it for that specific read.

It also depends which deck you're using. If it deviates a lot from default Tarot the interpretations can be very different too, although most will still revolve around RWS.
But like Wildwood is so different, you can get many other things out of a card. That's why I like Wildwood so much as it allows my intuition to kick in and let go of the default which feels liberating.
But had I started out with that deck I'd not have been able to do that. I would not have gotten the same depth out of it.
It is one of my favourites now!

But this is my route, it will be different for everyone.
And again, I relied heavily on books for years, and sometimes still use them. It is also nice to at some point have another book. Like the booklet that comes with the Moonchild Tarot, it's great! It comes from a slightly different angle than the default. Like you and me would describe the same thing in different ways. Still talking about the same thing, but different viewpoint.
And I find that li'l booklet very helpful at times as I sometimes get a little stuck too with some cards.

Just discover your way and enjoy it! Follow your own intuition, at some point you'll get to the point where you find you are more confident and begin to know it all etc. and then automatically consult the net and/or books less and less.
It's practising a muscle, hihi. We aren't so used anymore to work with our intuition, but the more you do, the easier it will become :)
Old 16-02-2021, 04:22 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
For me it's a bit of both. Because I've been busy with Tarot so long that I know a basic interpretation of the cards. There's a problem with that though, as you tend to remember part of that interpretation and at some point I felt it was limiting me.
Reading in a book can be very helpful. I still do it at times. It often triggers my intuition or read something that jumps out and I just know intuitively that is it for that specific read.

It also depends which deck you're using. If it deviates a lot from default Tarot the interpretations can be very different too, although most will still revolve around RWS.
But like Wildwood is so different, you can get many other things out of a card. That's why I like Wildwood so much as it allows my intuition to kick in and let go of the default which feels liberating.
But had I started out with that deck I'd not have been able to do that. I would not have gotten the same depth out of it.
It is one of my favourites now!

But this is my route, it will be different for everyone.
And again, I relied heavily on books for years, and sometimes still use them. It is also nice to at some point have another book. Like the booklet that comes with the Moonchild Tarot, it's great! It comes from a slightly different angle than the default. Like you and me would describe the same thing in different ways. Still talking about the same thing, but different viewpoint.
And I find that li'l booklet very helpful at times as I sometimes get a little stuck too with some cards.

Just discover your way and enjoy it! Follow your own intuition, at some point you'll get to the point where you find you are more confident and begin to know it all etc. and then automatically consult the net and/or books less and less.
It's practising a muscle, hihi. We aren't so used anymore to work with our intuition, but the more you do, the easier it will become :)

I also love the Wildwood deck a lot. I don't try and think what the three of vessels is as in terms of the RWD. It is just very different and a different kind of path. The Light Seer is similar to RWD with a few exceptions and with every card she give an affirmation. I absolutely love that!

https://lightseerstarot.com/light-se...ueen-of-wands/

I have a few other decks like Llewellyn Classic and Everydaywitch Tarot. But they don't touch me the way Wildwood/Light Seer do.

The only trouble I have is journaling my spreads. I am a chatterbox, but putting it on paper is hard. I have tried recording it but it feels weird. What I do though is write down the date and cards I draw. Certain cards keep coming back. I wish I could journal. Oh, I feel a journal spread coming up hihi.