Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 16-04-2021, 10:49 PM
Guys, reminder: The Administration has asked to quote 2 sentences in the quote boxes.
An idea is to say, ''the rest of your post in #23....'' if you want.
I'm just the messenger.

Rem, it's all a dream...all a dream...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-04-2021, 11:45 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Guys, reminder: The Administration has asked to quote 2 sentences in the quote boxes.
An idea is to say, ''the rest of your post in #23....'' if you want.
I'm just the messenger.

Rem, it's all a dream...all a dream...
Ah! Again, new here. Thanks for the reminder. I like using quotes. So many great people have said things better than I. So, not really sure how to break them up. The Yogananda quote is rather long, but it's succinct enough that ya kinda need to read the whole thing. Being limited to 2 sentences per entry, I'd need to make 7 of them. Seems a bit...superfluous.
Old 17-04-2021, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanantic
The Yogananda quote is rather long, but it's succinct enough that ya kinda need to read the whole thing.
Being limited to 2 sentences per entry, I'd need to make 7 of them.
Seems a bit...superfluous.
I know! ...the message is: 2 sentences and leave a link...bummer.
But, you guys don't know what goes on behind the scenes with Copyright warning emails.
We keep you guys tucked into your little beds not to disturb you with the adult matters.
Now there are space issues, Native spirit brought up.
We don't like it either. We love quotes!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-04-2021, 12:21 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I know! ...the message is: 2 sentences and leave a link...bummer.
But, you guys don't know what goes on behind the scenes with Copyright warning emails.
I can live with that... Dang! I've got 300 pages of quotes and no links! Link 'em as I need 'em, I guess. :-P
Old 17-04-2021, 02:22 PM
alan, We'll get back on topic after this ...but because you're new here - check out this Quote thread I started in 2013!
(Before I knew where to place it...so it stays there.)

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...ad.php?t=48806

On topic - Let's see...'aftereffects'....more laughter!!!!!

Old 17-04-2021, 02:50 PM
Master
NDEs are probably the easiest way to get there, when in a crash or in hospital. I haven't been able to get out of my body a single time when I do the whole yada yada close the senses, sit cross legged and buh-reathe! thingie. On the other hand, I've had spontaneous 'experiences' (I'm beginning to dislike this word because it's too common here..) and I didn't have to do Jack preparation for that, which has left me to believe this is all random and we can't control it. It's ''up to the universe'', no matter how bad or often you do a 'practice'. Anyway, we'll all get there, when we die.

I've listened to dr. Van Lommel many times and was planning to go to one of his talks, but then the whole covid thing happened....
Old 17-04-2021, 03:39 PM
Knower

Wow! Thanks, Miss Hepburn! Goldmine, there!
Old 17-04-2021, 04:14 PM
Master

non duality

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
The concept that "we are all one", while we don't feel that, is some kind of a contradiction. Or, it just means that you aren't all-one, but we're parts of a bigger thing, like cells in a body for example.

Bold marked text is perfect example of Non-duality and its not contradiction of the concept (may be contradiction of appearance - is ok )

Following clarification may probably help .
1. Non-duality like enlightenment is a process / journey and not a state / destination or 'aha'/'eureka' kind of one-off momentary experience . Of course it can be lot of such moments in the journey but not just one-off such experience .And such kind of 'aha' / 'eureka' kind of moments many living beings experience in their spheres of activity .

2. Non-duality is not a denial of duality . This means it is not
Quote:
duality or non-duality
. This means
Quote:
duality and non-duality

So long as life is there , duality is bound to be there . Seeker is expected increase his love for the world and God to see the underlying unity and one-ness in seeming differences/ borders .

The quoted example is perfect . We have different limbs in our body . Limbs are different by themselves in appearance and function . But limbs are one in a body to provide unique unified experience . e.g. 'Eyes' see a danger coming and informing 'brain' and 'brain' orderings 'legs ' to run awayfrom danger . This is hardwired symbiotic relationship . So it seems very simple.
Here no limb is superior or inferior . Their importance becomes prominents when there is requirement for its function.

The same way in society we have different classes / races / linguistic / religious / gender / age / educational /occupational / ideology groupings . There is no need to arbitrarily eliminate these differences . In fact these differences may be making our lives colorful . Also along the same lines there is a point to treat others with dignity & integrity is very important to enrich the overall integrated / unified experience .

This does not mean that there should not be any human efforts to mitigate arbitrary differences . Human efforts (through ideologies , spirituality ,education ,taxation , legal structures etc) are ok so long as it enriches the overall experience .

3. And non-duality as we know is not mere arbitrary concept . It is a reality we live every day in day out (whether some or majority wants to believe or not) . Only the scale of individual thinking and cosmic thinking may be so different and varied , it may be difficult to conceive at times . And this is perfectly acceptable and that's where the fun of life is there . Like in game thrill of the game increase when there is more suspense and and game is wide open for anyone to speculate. And purpose of life is to provide enriched experience to every individual to the maximum extent possible . Belief /disbelief in such reality may not really make any observable difference in life at times.