Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 19-08-2021, 02:06 PM
Please remember the Admins requested 2-3 sentences when quoting others.
Thanks.
Putting this on every current thread.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-09-2021, 05:15 PM
Administrator
Hello

I so feel it runs in a family line but too it is something we all have within us but we do not all open those doors. It is interesting that when you are in a family that has it but does not let you or want you to openly show it that you grow the most. I was told at 6 "never" to talk on it. I never did openly but I did ask questions in the family church on Sunday in private. To be told "God" would never give such powers or abilities to a "child". That was not a reply but an excuse.

It does run it would seem in a family line, I found tools of divination in both family relative homes. Yet it was never discussed or permitted to be discussed. I get that the times were not as open as they are now and I get that one might well have been "deemed mentally ill". I too had to struggle with it all with my kids in school. To show they were OK and not playing games. To teach them what "power" is and how to use it and not abuse it.

It at times too can tear a family apart, it opens many doors in life, too it can slam a lot of them shut.

This started to play all around me.

"Teach Your Children"

You, who are on the road,
Must have a code
That you can live by.
And so become yourself
Because the past is just a goodbye.

Lynn
Old 07-09-2021, 06:06 AM
Master
My Mother went numerous times to a Medium when I was three. I would sit on the floor and play near a hot, wood burning stove. I had no idea what they talked about.

As far as family members involvement: my half sister would go to her Father's grave and sit their for hours talking to him. When my Mother died, she took most of Mom's stuff and put it in a room where she converses with her all the time. My sister goes to Mediums and I would not be surprised if she communicates with the dead. As for me, I have gone to Mediums and have also dabbled in the art.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 01-10-2021, 07:19 PM
Pathfinder
It does run in my family.
From what I was told my Grandmother had it, my Grandfather had it, but so did my Great Grandfather.
In fact the family heritage was meant to be passed onto my father when his father was near the end of his days, but my Dad being an adolescent didn't really grasp the significance, and so it was passed onto his Uncle.

I used to be able to sense/see things often, but unfortunately it's declined significantly over the years for me
Old 18-10-2021, 02:05 PM
Knower
I've now discovered that my grandmother had what she called the knowledge, and she's passed a message from spirit to say to say that I have the knowledge as well. It seems spirit wants me to develop as a medium but there are currently no development circles nearby.
Old 07-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Master
yes
Yes it has in my family especially my mum's side out of 3 kids I was aboard the following gift I was
My mum could send spirit to dementia she was up at the spirit it was my uncle it had dementia was open to spirits too
Lost them both this year but I still send presents in the house I do like my dad I sent his presents as well
It was gifted to to especially predicting things and office put on

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 12-11-2021, 01:59 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillity
I discovered today that my late brother was a psychic and a medium. When he was young he dabbled with the ouija board but one evening the table moved quite violently and pinned one of the circle against the wall. The person was convinced something was trying to kill him. They all became very scared and called in a bishop to carry out an exorcism. My brother was drawn to the church after that. He made his wife promise never to dabble in spiritualism or go to a spiritualist church and she has kept that promise. His wife is psychic and is a healer and their two daughters are both psychic and have mediumship gifts but they are both really frightened of it. My bother tried his hardest to deny his gift but he said the spirits were always on at him to give people messages and he couldn't stop it. My gift isn't so strong. I'm wondering if the gift is passed down through families. Our three times great uncle was supposed to be able to see dead people as if they were alive and he is with me a lot as a guide. I've felt him stroke my hair. My mother was also psychic and had precognitive dreams. It seems the gift runs in families. Has anyone else experienced this?

Not in my family, I am the odd one out. Though I do not know many people in my family. My experiences just grow more weird and intense.

After my mom's mother passed she visited me in a dream 3 weeks later, younger, not sick, and spoke to me telepathically. To my knowledge she wasn't "open"

That side has a lot of Artists however.
Old 12-11-2021, 05:41 AM
asearcher

Green.Heals - maybe it could be that your family, further generations back, has been taught not to talk about it or to be in denial of it? That was what I discovered

Last edited by asearcher : 12-11-2021 at 03:46 PM.
Old 13-11-2021, 12:51 AM
Yes it runs in my family, mum was a great medium and her mum was too
mum and I use to go to the spiritual church when I was younger and go to development classes
When mum passed in 08 she gave me so many lovely messages and left gifts for me to find