Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 02-04-2021, 08:22 AM
Lorelyen

I don't know if being a neuroscientist makes any difference. Being famous only gives them a platform. Many people have these experiences and react differently.
When I fainted (actually in my doctor's surgery) I went out like a light. Next I knew I was laid out on the floor with emergency workers leaning over me trying to bump-start me. My blood-pressure took a serious plunge apparently. I'd been out for about 5 minutes and it could have meant death - but I remember nothing of it.

I suppose that's a good way to go!
Old 02-04-2021, 08:39 AM
asearcher

I've had one experience too where I went out, cant remember anything, had no lovely apparition, NDE to my recall. Am let down, really, when I think of all the beautiful stuff I could have experienced, LOL. I was confused when I got back and asked about my baby, how my baby was, as in thinking the baby was sick, just as I was, but wasn't.

However, this said twice when I have left my body, one time when fainting caused by pain, I went up and it was the most soft and lovely feeling in the world, no pain, harmony.

The other time I felt such love for everyone. After that me seeing the beauty in others, their inner beauty and physical beauty make no difference to me, got present, and I close to always have to think of pretending I don't see it, feel it.

Last edited by asearcher : 02-04-2021 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-04-2021, 09:08 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I don't know if being a neuroscientist makes any difference. Being famous only gives them a platform. Many people have these experiences and react differently.
When I fainted (actually in my doctor's surgery) I went out like a light. Next I knew I was laid out on the floor with emergency workers leaning over me trying to bump-start me. My blood-pressure took a serious plunge apparently. I'd been out for about 5 minutes and it could have meant death - but I remember nothing of it.

I suppose that's a good way to go!
The whole point about a neuroscientist having this experience is:-
- scientists are renowned for undermining the value of NDEs
- so, coming from a critical view of it, his acknowledgement and endorsement of this experience is of tremendous value! It would, at the very least, cause food for thought in the scientific world.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:55 AM
Lorelyen

It's always good when a scientist makes a personal discovery that can't be explained by scientific methodology although many reserve their judgement about the inexplicable; the preternatural. There are many scientists who are also Christians/other faiths, wise enough to recognise there could be things way beyond what the human senses can pick up.

There's a tendency here in this forum (and probably in similar ones elsewhere if there are any) to denounce scientists for declaring there's nothing beyond the physical world that they can detect with their senses. It isn't true. "Dogmas" of various sorts have been knocked over again and again and any decent scientist seems wise enough to realise that.

I suppose I'm of scientific "leaning", an inspired dabbler if you like, and I'm very well away of powers beyond anything that comes under the scientific orthodoxy. However I do believe that much of what's thought to be inexplicable and spiritual now will eventually be explained by the neuroendocrinologists.

Just one example, it wasn't until well into the 20th century that a living cell was looked upon as a bag of chemicals bestowed with that magical property called "life", a god given magic. But now we have a good idea how it works and anything spiritual about it is tangential.

Old 29-04-2021, 09:30 PM
Master
The thing with neurological science :is like asking an atom to join an avatar or the current avatar being fully joined in light with “guts”—- has to be a much more in depth skeptic to explain neuroscience and neurological connections that are neurological??

I’ve spend years going through avatars and the light seems better to stay at the “atom” level: saying I’ve created an avatar without bone and guts at a light level too say they are more connected neurological would be indifferent than the diffraction difference?

Lovely post and near death experience post! Very interesting at the neurological case!

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)