Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-08-2022, 07:36 AM
SpectralDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth
I have my form of mantras and my form of prayers and do this work every day but not feeling much healing etc....if any. But I continue.
God helps those that help themselves.
Old 06-08-2022, 11:36 AM
Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralDreamer
God helps those that help themselves.
Hi, Tho, you mean well :)...this is one of those controversially trite sayings that means nothing because
you have to look at the source*.
It's like the phrase, 'Cleanliness is next to godliness'....someone just made it up; it does not mean it is true or accurate.
Neither are in the Bible, even ---in fact just the opposite is in the Bible!
God helps the helpless.

Plus anyone could say how insensitive this phrase is (not saying you are)---that a child, begging, hungry, living in
a slanted shanty is not being helped cuz he is not helping himself...see what I mean...

*"God helps those who help themselves" is probably the most often quoted phrase that is not found in the Bible.
It originated from Algernon Sydney in 1698 in an article titled Discourses Concerning Government.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-08-2022, 04:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Plus anyone could say how insensitive this phrase is (not saying you are)---that a child, begging, hungry, living in
a slanted shanty is not being helped cuz he is not helping himself...see what I mean...

*"God helps those who help themselves" is probably the most often quoted .
Perhaps he uses that term to mean, those that can help themselves and don’t. That seems more apparent. Children cannot be really be categorised with his response because children are simply products of their environment. A product of where they land, what they know or not. They are just what the world reflects to them as being. But they too, through the totally of life can receive differently and learn about life differently and how they can be supported. The other thing with children are better models of acceptance even in adversity, than many adults. Sadly they are often not looked at to learn through, but conditioned by their environments.

You have to look at a greater interconnected relationship of life, change and evolution to see that there is opportunity for change within the whole interplay of life together.

If you had not meditated, studied and grown through those practices, you would not have reached a place of seeing the universe through different eyes. It’s through conscious shifts you come to understand how life can be. Lettjng go and understanding deeper truths. Same for myself, consciously self healing for half my lifetime brought me to understand how my attitude, my emotions, my energy reflects outwardly as a signal of sorts, because of who we have grown to know and see the world as.

Prayer lends us a place to bring hope to what we want and desire. Life itself has its own plans, inclusive of all things and change. We as humans play out part but their is much more at play to the totality..

Prayer isn’t bad, it’s a way to build trust, hope and acceptance with what is. It can move us, move us into action differently.

That’s a good thing.

We play our part, role and our lived experience where we are, with what we have.

But ultimately we do have to be the change we wish to see. And live it consciously as a model as that change. Not as a singular system but a host together.

The greatest prayer you can give is for you to become trust, hope and charity towards life where one is.

Anyway I’m just flowing with thoughts through your sharing and inspired through my understandings and realisations.
Old 07-08-2022, 04:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Perhaps he uses that term to mean, those that can help themselves and don’t.
Powerful. People can change anything. Child is a symbol and also represent taking care of. Do we live up to what we should do. I think the term can also mean spirit (God) is missing and that which we point at is a human creation (social), not spirit. Are we pointing to human or spirit (God). A number of times I've noticed it said (but) God allows such things but humans allow such things to. Spirit and human work hand in hand. Spirit teaches us about ourselves then to see ourselves. Include spirit see if there is a change. : )
Old 10-08-2022, 12:55 PM
Ascender

You’re only really responsible for yourself, your own reality and your own thoughts. You could be saying prayers for the world, but if millions of people are paying attention to cost of living, rising fuel prices, strikes, wars and so on, then their greater number of minds and thoughts will create the reality.

‘Stuff’ may be going on in the world, but it doesn’t have to affect you. A recession isn’t like a lockdown as it’s not a blanket set of realities. Lots of people will struggle during a recession, but if you believe that it will be plain sailing for you, then that is what your experience will be. The same with strikes, living costs inflation and so on. They will only affect you if you believe so.

You may attract more money, you may get a better-paying job, you may get a job where you don’t have to commute as much. Your job may be safe whereas others aren’t. I know it sounds selfish, but you can really be responsible for anyone else’s thoughts, just your own.

So if the world seems to be getting worse, remember that it is down to mass consciousness producing reality. But if you have good consciousness, and produce good reality, then others will see you as a positive example. Then you can explain to them how you did it, and they can go and change their consciousness.

And switch off the news, delete the news apps, cancel the papers, and turn off all the Doctor Feelbads on talk radio. They all have a vested interest in pedalling fear to keep circulation, clicks or audience figures high. Keep on listening to or reading them, and the constant stream of negativity will just sleep into your consciousness and create your reality unconsciously. I don’t pay much attention to news, and am all the more peaceful for it.
Old 10-08-2022, 12:57 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I was taught by spirit guides that prayer is simply a mantra of hope because we are not ok with what is.

When we make peace from within the movements affect greater change.

It’s through our actions more directly we model peace, loving kindness, compassion, so it’s up to ourselves to become the prayer.

Very interesting way of perceiving things. When we accept how things are, we don’t offer up any resistance to them. They cease being problematic, and we cease to attract more of the bad. We then offer up a more peaceful vibration, which is magnetic to different, peaceful circumstances.
Old 10-08-2022, 01:03 PM
"...and Things Seem Worse"

I had a thought: Things ''seem'' worse...but are they?

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-08-2022, 01:29 PM
Master

Yes….to the extent that we are creating a modern day Tower of Babel…….
Old 10-08-2022, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Yes….to the extent that we are creating a modern day Tower of Babel…….
Glass half empty.
I think if we looked at the population differences from now, to say, back to 500 BC...random choice. 2000 BC, I dunno.
The ratio of happy people, spiritually advanced people, maybe healthy people, compared to barbaric, cruel,
miserable, ignorant people...it would be quite interesting.
I wonder of anyone has done a study on this...I say the scale tips to the advanced, content, healthy people now.

I could be wrong, of course. Glass half full, to me.

Old 10-08-2022, 07:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
The ratio of happy people, spiritually advanced people, maybe healthy people, compared to barbaric, cruel, miserable, ignorant people...it would be quite interesting. I wonder of anyone has done a study on this...I say the scale tips to the advanced, content, healthy people now.
Yes, this would be interesting, but I don't know how such things could be measured.

I do wonder if things have actually improved, or is it that the problems faced by people of old have been replaced by a completely different set of problems. Which may reflect the fact that humanity continues to evolve.

Taking health as an example, the health issues of 1,000 years ago may now be a distant memory but instead humanity is dealing with a whole new set of health issues. For example, the health problems created by increased obesity and old age, not to mention all the new diseases which have sprung up. Which are treated by a staggering number of prescription drugs which then cause further problems.

It is difficult to compare modern global society with a world where most people never travelled further than 10 miles from their place of birth. But it would be interesting.

Peace