Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 09-03-2012, 03:25 AM
res

Did i see an aura or is this illusion

For some years i have worked with Auras but have not been able to see one with my physical eyes. I can see the negative energy of the colour of objects that looks aura-ish but isnt.

A few days ago my son was playing in front of the lake and i seen what looked like a rainbow around him. It appeared as layers and i could make out pink yellow and blue but there could have been more in between. I was about 20 mtrs away and the layers looked to be about 5cm thick. The layers looked almost liquid metalic although i am not sure if that was because the background was water. It wasnt high humidity or raining at all but rather sunny. I noticed it when looking past him. When i looked hard for it i couldnt see it but if i softened my gaze and relaxed it would appear. It was easier to make it appear if i looked past him and then softly move my attention to it.

I am thinking that maybe as water refracts light that it could be the reason for my seeing this aura around him and may have been an optical illusion.

I would like to know if anyone else has had the same visual effect with water being the back ground?

Also wondering if anyone see's the same thing that i have explained and if they have came to a conclusion to what it was?

Appreciate your time guys
Old 09-03-2012, 05:15 AM
Quintessence

While others might disagree with me on this, if you're seeing something with your physical eyes, you're either hallucinating or seeing an optical illusion. Auras are seen with inner sight, not physical eyes.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:04 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
While others might disagree with me on this, if you're seeing something with your physical eyes, you're either hallucinating or seeing an optical illusion. Auras are seen with inner sight, not physical eyes.
Thanks for your help Quintessence. Thats how i have always seen auras also. So you dont believe that there is a point at which you can be aware of the sub conscious images with your physical eyes open? That there can be a merging of the two in to one image? Like physically making your way around the house while sleep walking but on the opposite end of the scale where you can see the sub conscious image while awake?
Old 09-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Arfie

I haven't been able to have a decent conversation about light phenom since the 80s when political/psychiatric correctness set in. These days not even optometrists want to discuss it. It is as mandated by the Church of Psychiatry. Who needs proof? How dare you even question!

I question still.

In my own medication-worthy perception of light, ambient conditions play mightily into what you will see. Water reflections among them. However, the reflections must have something to play on. I believe your son's energy fields could provide that something.

I am a multiply certified nutcase, but I remain convinced I see lights science can not yet measure. I believe many of us can with simple awareness and some active countering of the effects of electric lighting. Softening your gaze and awareness of your subconscious images are to excellent places to start if you want to be as crazy as I am. It would be safer to take your meds.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Quintessence

Quote:
Originally Posted by res
Thanks for your help Quintessence. Thats how i have always seen auras also. So you dont believe that there is a point at which you can be aware of the sub conscious images with your physical eyes open? That there can be a merging of the two in to one image? Like physically making your way around the house while sleep walking but on the opposite end of the scale where you can see the sub conscious image while awake?

I'm sure it's possible. Many of these phenomena are difficult to describe and how you experience them is very personal. I don't tend to experience auras as colors so I haven't had that kind of experience; I'm much better at sensing energy (including auras) in a tactile fashion. When I do have these tactile sensations, I wouldn't characterize it as subconscious.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:29 PM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arfie
I haven't been able to have a decent conversation about light phenom since the 80s when political/psychiatric correctness set in. These days not even optometrists want to discuss it. It is as mandated by the Church of Psychiatry. Who needs proof? How dare you even question!

I question still.

In my own medication-worthy perception of light, ambient conditions play mightily into what you will see. Water reflections among them. However, the reflections must have something to play on. I believe your son's energy fields could provide that something.

I am a multiply certified nutcase, but I remain convinced I see lights science can not yet measure. I believe many of us can with simple awareness and some active countering of the effects of electric lighting. Softening your gaze and awareness of your subconscious images are to excellent places to start if you want to be as crazy as I am. It would be safer to take your meds.
lol....Join the club arfie...science doesnt scare me either. Good point, everything needs a medium to play on. So is what i described anything like what you have seen?

Thanks Quintessence
Old 10-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Enya

I'd say yes - you saw your son's aura. While mostly people see with the mind's eye, it *is* possible to see with the physical eye. I have done so, on occasion, usually for a brief moment and totally unexpected. I've seen animal, tree and mountain auras this way.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Arfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by res
lol....Join the club arfie...science doesnt scare me either. Good point, everything needs a medium to play on. So is what i described anything like what you have seen?

Thanks Quintessence

As Quintessence said, these things are extremely difficult to describe. We have been eating strawberries for uncounted centuries and still cannot describe the flavor.

Without my glasses, everything and everybody is surrounded by a haze. Each haze interacts with EVERYTHING, especially other hazes and natural lights. Water has its own haze in addition to light refractive and reflective properties. Haze + refracted light = rainbow.

That's today's theory and I'm sticking to it. At least for now.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:35 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arfie
As Quintessence said, these things are extremely difficult to describe. We have been eating strawberries for uncounted centuries and still cannot describe the flavor.

Without my glasses, everything and everybody is surrounded by a haze. Each haze interacts with EVERYTHING, especially other hazes and natural lights. Water has its own haze in addition to light refractive and reflective properties. Haze + refracted light = rainbow.

That's today's theory and I'm sticking to it. At least for now.
Thanks Arfie, Much the same as describing the taste of salt hey I suppose when you come down to it the eye ball itself is made up of fluid and i do get migraine with visual aura effects so i always question any anomoly i encounter. What i seen that day appeared to be attached to the contour of my sons body or in the least his exact location and didnt move when my eyes or head moved, as is the case with a condition that is from within the physical eyes. I looked slightly away from him and it stayed where it was so for me that would rule out any physical condition from withing my physical sight atleast.

Thanks for your input Enya, glad that you have experienced something similar. How would you describe what you see?
Old 11-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by res
Thanks for your input Enya, glad that you have experienced something similar. How would you describe what you see?
What I have seen is often a bright splash of colour, such as vibrant violet 30 feet above and around a tree, a patch of green on my dog, pale violet or green approx five feet out around the edges of trees. Also clear 'bubbles' around flying birds, a 'glow' above mountains, pale colours around people, a bright blue line around profiles.

I should add that I know these are seen with my physical eyes because when it's my mind's eye (clairvoyance), I see them in my head, 'behind' my eyes.