Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 28-07-2020, 10:48 AM
Master

“ Learn to love, and forget. Become so interested in works of mercy and helpfulness that you will know that you are growing only by the perfume of good that surrounds you and by your increased ability to help others.

Leave no duty, no matter how humble, undone.”

- Letters from the teacher

Old 04-08-2020, 02:47 AM
Deactivated Account
A couple of nice quotes from Teal Swan.

"Reveal your Subconscious, or it will Reveal You."

And, "You cannot hold someone's hand, without your hand being held too."

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 06-08-2020, 04:01 AM
Master
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened, but no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"You can say everything is spiritual or nothing is, but you can't say some things are spiritual and some things aren't, like good stuff is spiritual and bad stuff is something else. You can't cut it up that way. Spirituality doesn't mean nice, it means everything." - Marichelle

"In what concerns you much, do not think that you have companions: know that you are alone in the world." - H.D. Thoreau

"All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark." - Swami Vivekananda

"Your teacher must go, it doesn't matter who the teacher is. The very thing that you are reading, that's the very thing you must be free from." - U.G. Krishnamurti
Old 08-08-2020, 10:47 AM
Master
'It's important to be vulnerable, because it's only when we're vulnerable that we can receive, and it's only when we're vulnerable that we can let go; it's only when we're vulnerable that we can love, and be loved, and it's only when we're vulnerable that we can be realised. So welcome the sensitive, vulnerable human that may be under layers of armouring.' - Jon Bernie
Old 09-08-2020, 01:51 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
'It's important to be vulnerable, because it's only when we're vulnerable that we can receive, and it's only when we're vulnerable that we can let go; it's only when we're vulnerable that we can love, and be loved, and it's only when we're vulnerable that we can be realised. So welcome the sensitive, vulnerable human that may be under layers of armouring.' - Jon Bernie
Very true quote about vulnerability and allowing oneself to be vulnerable~
Old 09-08-2020, 07:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethera
Very true quote about vulnerability and allowing oneself to be vulnerable~
Old 13-08-2020, 12:27 PM
Master
Nada from Awaken Insight on overcoming loneliness:

'To escape loneliness, you have to surrender to being alone; to go from a state of loneliness to aloneness means confronting your loneliness, it's because we're always running from it that we never escape it.'

'All the things we do to escape loneliness are really only temporary distractions at best. It's like covering the symptoms of a disease without really curing it; if you want to cure the disease, you don't try to cover it up - rather, you examine it, you find out what it is and what's causing it. You go to the root of it and you pluck it out.'

'I've found that the most effective way to overcome loneliness is to simply be with it, to allow it, to go deeply into it. We resist it because there's no-one to distract us from our own thoughts when we're alone, and in our minds there's so much fear and insecurity that we'd rather not face, there's so much uncertainty and discomfort, and this is why being alone can be so difficult and painful. But if we can embrace aloneness and face these inner demons, we can overcome that discomfort and actually find joy in being alone.'
Old 13-08-2020, 06:57 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Nada from Awaken Insight on overcoming loneliness:

'To escape loneliness, you have to surrender to being alone; to go from a state of loneliness to aloneness means confronting your loneliness, it's because we're always running from it that we never escape it.'

'All the things we do to escape loneliness are really only temporary distractions at best. It's like covering the symptoms of a disease without really curing it; if you want to cure the disease, you don't try to cover it up - rather, you examine it, you find out what it is and what's causing it. You go to the root of it and you pluck it out.'

'I've found that the most effective way to overcome loneliness is to simply be with it, to allow it, to go deeply into it. We resist it because there's no-one to distract us from our own thoughts when we're alone, and in our minds there's so much fear and insecurity that we'd rather not face, there's so much uncertainty and discomfort, and this is why being alone can be so difficult and painful. But if we can embrace aloneness and face these inner demons, we can overcome that discomfort and actually find joy in being alone.'
Very insightful and true~ I think for some it's a scary place to go. But also necessary to help them understand why they are feeling the way they are during those moments.
Old 13-08-2020, 07:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethera
Very insightful and true~ I think for some it's a scary place to go. But also necessary to help them understand why they are feeling the way they are during those moments.
Completely agree, I've certainly found this to be true in my own experience
Old 14-08-2020, 11:37 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Completely agree, I've certainly found this to be true in my own experience
I agree too, cause I've found the same to be true in experiences that I have had as well. I think there are big lessons in them.