Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-01-2012, 12:06 AM
dena

do you think it's a bad thing to kill ourselves?

I don't believe in religions but I believe that there is something bigger than us
I believe in spirits and that I have a soul
I'm not sure why it's a bad thing to kill ourselves?
where did you get this idea from?
do you think maybe there is a chance that it's not a bad thing? .. even a little chance?
the most thing why i want to kill my self because i remember before i was born .. i asked about someone .. i asked where is he? .. and my spirit guide told me that he died way before me .. and reincarnated again before me .. because he is a good person

maybe dying early is not a bad thing after all
Old 15-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Master
Dying early isn't bad, no. But you're talking about suicide, right? I think people have their reasons (obviously) ~ they're in great pain and anguish or feel completely useless or helpless about something that means a great deal to them. Otherwise, they wouldnt feel the need to do it. We have at least one thread about suicide. Have you seen it/them? Maybe there's something there to help you with these thoughts/questions.

Old 15-01-2012, 12:28 AM
midnightstar

Sometimes people feel they can no longer cope and feel they have no option but to attempt to die early.
Old 15-01-2012, 12:33 AM
sesheta

That is a touchy subject.....but my own personal opinion is that, yes, it is a bad thing to kill yourself.
How do you know that killing yourself would make anything easier/better? Maybe you'll just reincarnate and come back into a harder/harsher life than you have now....
Maybe after killing yourself, you'll get to the next phase or level of existence and find that the thing/person, etc. you were looking for isn't there...
I believe that life is to be lived - to grow and learn from our experience...not just to cut and run when the going gets tough. You have to find your own strength, and your own reasons to keep going...I find it sad on many levels when someone can't find anything to live for....it's always easier to run away.....but the universe doesn't give you points for doing things that are easy!
Old 15-01-2012, 12:46 AM
Master
Whatever you do is not wrong or right, it makes no difference to the bigger picture, its when we bring emotions into it that we say its right or wrong, if we think of our love ones killing themselves, it causes us fear, so we project that fear onto anything to do with killing one self.
Old 15-01-2012, 01:00 AM
silent whisper

Or our loved ones project not only their fear, but their deeper understanding of the pain in that loss, into the bigger picture so no one else has to be exposed to that pain they know so well.....It would be very painful to lose a child, friend, partner in that way, deeply painful.
Old 15-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Or our loved ones project not only their fear, but their deeper understanding of the pain in that loss, into the bigger picture so no one else has to be exposed to that pain they know so well.....It would be very painful to lose a child, friend, partner in that way, deeply painful.
Yes very painful, but still its fear, I think that's what you were saying also.
Old 15-01-2012, 01:06 AM
Shabby

I don't judge the person that commits suicide, but are we aware of the pain we cause others through suicide? Are we aware of the lost opportunity to know thy self? What if we can't run away from that which we don't want to experience? What if there is such thing as reincarnation and we come right back where we left off? Does suicide really serve us? Do we know for sure it will be the end of our suffering? Is there not a better way?

I don't fear to die nor do I think anyone has anything to fear when they die...actually thinking about it...no one will EVER experience death, but it does sadden me to see a life cut short by the hand of man. If it were your time God would take you on his own....but until then your life is still serving a purpose.
Old 15-01-2012, 01:58 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by dena
I don't believe in religions but I believe that there is something bigger than us
I believe in spirits and that I have a soul
I'm not sure why it's a bad thing to kill ourselves?
where did you get this idea from?
do you think maybe there is a chance that it's not a bad thing? .. even a little chance?
the most thing why i want to kill my self because i remember before i was born .. i asked about someone .. i asked where is he? .. and my spirit guide told me that he died way before me .. and reincarnated again before me .. because he is a good person

maybe dying early is not a bad thing after all

Hello

There are the beleifs that we come in with a life path "dotted" out on a map for us to fill in the paved roads, but I have to wonder if the taking of one's life is there. I would have to qustion what the Soul would learn from that experience as death is death no mattter how it comes to be. In death the phycial body simply does not function and one is dead. NOW one is not dead from being Spirit and in the act of taking one's life at times that Spirit can become Earth Bound and confused on being able to cross over. That is to me a very sad and lonely place to be.

I would not go to say that if death does come at one's own hand that it was early....more it might well have been the time but do we have the right to make that choice without trying ALL we can to move past the darkness we are in and try ?

I have been in that dark place and I can not look back on it and SEE the lessons I did learn in that place and embrace the reason I never DID complete that pact I had in mind with death. I never choose to live to live was choosen for me as I got the help I so needed to SEE the Forest for the Tree's in life.

The taking of one's life in the end is a choice of an individual but too that individual should maye consider that it might not bring them want they thought it would. Peace.

I have worked with Spirit that have taken their lives and I can honstly say I have never been given the "OH WHY DID I DO IT" in any message as when one crosses over I feel one is crossed and healed. BUT I do feel that there are lessons in Karma that will need to be repeated in a new life and one will have to maybe face those some dark paths again....but maybe not the final act.

Life is a fleeting time and while its not always easy I feel we are blessed to be alive.

Lynn
Old 15-01-2012, 03:18 AM
Master
I don't, i think everyone has a limit on what they can endure