Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Closed Thread

Old 18-01-2024, 10:14 PM
Seeker

Satya Sai Baba

Some amazing scenes of Satya Sai Baba materializing things!

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...Satya+sai+baba
Old 19-01-2024, 01:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vajradhara
Some amazing scenes of Satya Sai Baba materializing things!
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...Satya+sai+baba
He used tricks.
Old 19-01-2024, 03:55 PM
Well, it's not up to me to say what was going on. To say he used tricks, Altair, is
a perfect example of stating something as if it is fact here, a no-no, instead of as your opinion.

He was, indeed, a controversial person.
I read that he said he doesn't materialize things out of thin air, per se ---he has objects in another place and moves them to his hand.
I'm sure someone searching could find the article.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-01-2024, 04:15 PM
Master

I’ve only read a few things about this guy but my take on materialising things out of thin air leaves me a bit cold.

I mean in the grand scheme of things, what good does that do? And how beneficial is that to others? Now if he materialised medicine, blankets and food for the poor and homeless then I would be impressed.

Is t this just more to do with his ego than anything else.

Just my take of course.
Old 19-01-2024, 04:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, it's not up to me to say what was going on. To say he used tricks, Altair, is
a perfect example of stating something as if it is fact here, a no-no, instead of as your opinion.

Not an opinion, there are videos of him that show he used tricks. This was back in a time when cameras weren't around everywhere, today he wouldn't as easily be able to pull it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNVJ...l=DasIstGenoog
Old 19-01-2024, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Not an opinion, there are videos of him that show he used tricks. This was back in a time when
cameras weren't around everywhere, today he wouldn't as easily be able to pull it off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNVJ...l=DasIstGenoog
Yes, I know all about the cameras.
I'll give you this one ...notice I didn't just delete it.
I still should be qualified with the youtube when saying it, that's all.

BUT, even then, he was in crowds many, many times- shame there were no cameras then...when he did 'make something simply appear'.
(Same with the guy who wrote the article; Baba 'manifested things', but without the crowds.)

It's not like it's a hard thing to do - I mean for a yogi that desires to do such things.
Some want to levitate, some want to other 'paranormal' things.

And again for this crowd, I'll use the opportunity to recommend Baird Spalding's: Life and Teachings of The Masters of The Far East.
or
even Autobiography of a Yogi...I know new people have no clue of these classic books.

Altair - between you and me -you probably think I believe anything.
It's just if someone here says, "A Ford is better than a Chevy''...
we gotta have a qualifier or simply say ---I read, I think , I believe the cameras, I saw with my own eyes, imo, It seems that....
Then people can say most anything!
Btw, I DO think Ford trucks are better than Chevy trucks from my years of exp and observation of others.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-01-2024, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
...I mean in the grand scheme of things, what good does that do?
And how beneficial is that to others? Now if he materialised medicine, blankets and food for the poor and homeless then I would be impressed.
I, of course, understand what you're saying. BUT, rather than thinking it's ego ... if he knows how to make a chain
necklace appear**...what use is that?
It open's limited minds to something beyond this physical place...and that could be all!
JUST at Jesus did.
What use was it that he walked on water during a storm?

**Btw, notice, did Baba* bi-locate for people to see, levitate, heal, manifest things bigger than his hand like a blanket for someone?
Did he go to Mother Theresa's Shelter to help there?
There were MANY things he didn't do...we could pick the guy apart.

But, as I see it, each teacher has a part to play to the audience he attracts...that maybe 'needs' to be attracted to their particular 'thing'

I'm not attracted to the shouting, scary Preachers....but some NEED that kind of thing to stop stealing or beating their wives...
that 'fear of hell'.
Others need the positive Preachers expounding on the promises of God.

And you know what? Seems as if no matter what one of them does ---someone is out there to mock them and complain.

*Baba is easier to write!

Old 19-01-2024, 09:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I read that he said he doesn't materialize things out of thin air, per se ---he has objects in another place and moves them to his hand.

well my 'understanding' is that one of the things you can do if you know how is slow down the world around you... i.e. go fast compared to everyone else.... so... at that point any act of materialization and even places where things are swapped out (such as for example turning water into wine) just becomes a matter of slowing down reality to something close to a stop, then walking around and making the changes you want to see as if in a still frame in a movie, then going back to where you were standing at the beginning and letting things start up again.

I don't know that is how all yogis do materialization but certainly it seems like a possibility that some would be able to do, and a very easy to understand one at that... lol...
Old 19-01-2024, 11:17 PM
Yeah, thanks for that post Falling Leaves.

Old 20-01-2024, 12:11 AM
Master
I used to go to Sai Baba meetings and know people who live in the Ashram and who have met him many times. He manifested a ring for them with 9 different types of gem stones in it. Over time a couple of the stones fell out and were lost. They passed the ring to Baba and with a shake of his hand the gem stones were back in the ring again.

There is also the issue of vibhuti which is holy ash. My mum's friend is a Sai Baba devotee. Her daughter has a picture on her wall and vibhuti is literally pouring from it onto the floor.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Closed Thread