Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 30-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick in England
The Bible is very anti-medium, and I just wonder why.
Anybody got any ideas?

i don't see why wasn't jesus the best medium and healer ever??
Old 30-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Mick in England

Isn't a medium somebody who talks to the dead and asks them for messages?
Jesus never did that stuff..
Old 30-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Knower
Quote:
Isn't a medium somebody who talks to the dead and asks them for messages?
Jesus never did that stuff..

How do you know Jesus never did that stuff??? Just because it doesn't say so in the Bible, it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Your original tenet of this thread was that the Bible was anti-mediums... well how anti can you get beyond editing out all evidence of Jesus' mediumship, if it existed?

I'm beginning to lose the thread of your argument, Mick, sorry.

Love and Light,
Jeremy
Old 30-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Deactivated Account
a medium is someone who can communicate with the spirit of the deceased and yes jesus did exactly that, i'm not religious but even i know that
Old 30-08-2006, 09:14 PM
biyu_wolf_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumas
Mick i have never read the bible never found the need to but going by what i read and hear it is my observation that the good book has been doctered from its original writings and is anti medium because religeous leaders who supposidly wrote jesus's teachings at that time were scared of what spiritual faith and truth could do to them. (it would ruin all they stood to gain) Jesus was one of the greatest mediums to walk this earth. and he wanted us all to be as he was and to do as he did.

Some will say Jesus a medium!!!! rubbish he was the son of god but we are all sons of god we are god, we are all the same stuff!!!!! we are all capable of doing the things he did although i must say i do have trouble with the water into wine thing. God bless you all...
thats where you study criss angel he turned water into beer!!!!!!!!(i have to study the levatation eposode past just seeing it once figure out that trick study more learn more)

and fyi i all ready know acouple of sartmoti tricks but im not tellin how there done some you have ta really listen ta tho

anywho wth the rest of youre post relax and focus dont try do might help i have acess to a few things gift wise and its fun but i also haveta keep my anger chilled or not let it talke over as who knows what i could do then
Old 30-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Mick in England

Mediums sit around tables trying to contact the dead, but Jesus never did anything like this -
MEDIUM - "Is there anybody there?"
VOICE - "Yes, this is Albert"
ALBERT'S WIDOW - "Oh Albert, what divine messages do you bring from the other side?"
ALBERT - "Watch the milkman, he's on the fiddle,
Buy your fish fingers from Tesco they're cheaper there,
And be careful walking home down Saxby Street tonight, the dog at number 19 has done a heap in the middle of the pavement again"..
Old 30-08-2006, 10:16 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Mediums sit around tables trying to contact the dead, but Jesus never did anything like this -
MEDIUM - "Is there anybody there?"
VOICE - "Yes, this is Albert"
ALBERT'S WIDOW - "Oh Albert, what divine messages do you bring from the other side?"
ALBERT - "Watch the milkman, he's on the fiddle,
Buy your fish fingers from Tesco they're cheaper there,
And be careful walking home down Saxby Street tonight, the dog at number 19 has done a heap in the middle of the pavement again"..

Hi Mick In England, you are correct that it would not have been done in that style but nevertheless that is what Jesus did. Obviously, there would be no references to modern scenario's or companies but Jesus was a channel for the divine.

Also, mediums do not sit around tables contacting the dead all the time. I believe that is a reference to the early 20th century practice of seances.
Old 30-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Mick in England

But why on earth would Jesus want to contact the dead?
He came simply to bring the word of God, not to hold seances ;)
Old 30-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Deactivated Account
isn't god part of the afterlife and isn't that the whole thing about mediumship proving the afterlife???
Old 30-08-2006, 10:26 PM
kundalini

Quote:
But why on earth would Jesus want to contact the dead?
He came simply to bring the word of God, not to hold seances ;)

Jesus knew that by contacting the dead he would bring comfort to those who had lost loved ones. It was also an expression of his love to show us all what we are capable of.
Closed Thread