Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 14-09-2020, 01:51 PM
Master
I think it's part of the process of personal growth. We don't have to get rid of the ego, we have to transmute the so called lower ego. Ego in itself is very good and handy, it helps us distinct where we end and the other begins and vice versa. That's the abridged version of it.
But the lower ego is mostly our shadow and subconscious: fears, anger and so on and knee-jerk reaction from that.
When we work on personal development -which to me is the same as intuitive and spiritual development- we work on self-love, self-confidence, boundaries, being able to stand on our own feet, stand up and shine our light etc etc and the lower ego slowly fades away.
Basically all work related to the lower 3 chakras.
Old 14-09-2020, 03:55 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Spiritual surrender is one of the most difficult things for many. We may want to ask ourselves
“what are we holding onto?” It is a choice, the path of the head or the path of the heart.

Don’t let your head rob you of the experience that is in your heart. The head can talk about love,
it can discuss it; but the heart can actually show us love, a rich experience, intoxicating and
overwhelming, that goes much deeper than just the word “love.” This is what we let go to.

Relationships are conditional but love that is within us is unconditional; it is just there waiting to
be embraced. We must learn to love ourselves before we can truly love another. Most human beings
are holding on to their fear so tightly. Amazing how most look for something that we already have
within us, and fear letting go to it. Ego is all about fear.

We condition ourselves; been down so long seems like up to me. But in letting go there is and
unparalleled freedom. The act of letting go inside requires humility and trust. Love requires trust.
We can let go gradually in increments or, if we are ready, do it all at once.

As usual, poignant and true.

Thanks, Starman.

Do you think it's possible that someone experiences this, and "goes back" so to speak.

Also what about someone who straddles head and heart, it seems we have to choose one, ultimately, is that right?

Love and Namaste,

JL
Old 14-09-2020, 03:56 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightend-Awareness
That is beautiful and deep.

An example of the beautiful.

JL
Old 14-09-2020, 04:37 PM
Master

I was attractive when I was young and as I aged and gained weight it was a crushing blow to the me I had learned to depend on to survive in the world. But from that person emerged another that was meant to be born. The real me (I hate the word ego).

Just this morning I received a letter I sent to myself from last June 14. I do this every 3 months. In it I wrote to myself:

Wow, it's June 14th today. I can't imagine Sept 14. We are just starting our hot summer. You should be about done with summer and looking forward to cooler weather.

Rosie has 4 little one. I'm concerned. They won't get out of the water when it is flowing so mom can teach them land foraging. I bet they are all 4 drakes. :o/

Raspberries and blackberries are growing. Blackberries have blossoms again. I am back out watering this year. It feels good! I didn't think I would ever miss watering in the hot weather. Amazing when you lose that choice to move around and you get it back, how much you appreciate small things like watering.

I am in a good place right now. I just started taking collagen a few weeks ago and I am already starting to feel better. Joints aren't hurting as much. ***** just started on it yesterday. Fingers crossed it works for him as well.

As far as back pain, it's still there. The nerve pain from moving. So I'm still on my oxy cocktail at 3 pm. I've just about made it to my 1 year anniversary (back surgery). I have my next appointment with Dr Salak on my birthday! Then we can get started on the spine stimulator.

Gawd, if I can eliminate the back nerve pain I can almost be a normal person again with my joints working better.

Still need the knee surgery. Can't do anything about that. Later this summer, I hope.

Covid is still a big thing. It's now at the discretion of the business whether you can go in to the business without a mask.
Really? It's getting crazy.

Businesses can only open if they follow a list of rules. They comply because otherwise they can't open.

George Floyd killing. Demonstrations and riots finally calmed down until another black man was shot and killed last Friday. Riots in Atlanta where it happened. They burned down the business where it happened. I hope it doesn't start up again. People are at the boiling point.

Speaking of that the Police Blotter in the ***** newspaper was full of arrests from the past 2 weeks. Normally there are 2 - 5 listed. Yesterday's paper had 50. I think this is about to explode. I will keep my eye on the Blotter from now on.

Well Rachael is about ready to hatch out and Lilly is sitting on (her own) fertile eggs. I about did a jig I was so happy for her.

I am soooo hoping you are in a good place when you receive it. Maybe you have just had knee surgery. You may not be feeling all that great but you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully.

Here's a hug and a kiss for you.

The initial shock that I sent myself a(nother) letter, as I click on it, I feel trepidation. I love getting these letters once I start reading; as I read, I see my love for myself. It's good to look back and see where you were back then compared to where you are right now.
Old 14-09-2020, 05:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
... For me it happened about 5 years ago.... And it's Instant... You think differently, see differently , feel differently, act differently.. everything is "new"....
This was my experience of spiritual awakening. everything is vibrant, I felt more chill, I could see the illusion.

Ha ezek lennének az utolsó szavaim, minden jót kívánok az élet során. Ahogy mindent megtettem, hogy figyelmeztesselek. Béke és szeretet mindig - HA

Yes, I spell my alias incorrectly on purpose. To prove I am not perfect. Yet.
Old 14-09-2020, 09:15 PM
Master
We look with our eyes but we see with our awareness. There are times when we could be looking directly at something and not see it because of a lack of awareness. Awareness is light; grow our own awareness and we will be able to shine light on what we may need to let go of. Awareness will help us in this world and beyond this world.

When we are sleeping we see our dreams in our awareness, it is the same during our waking hours, but the true awakening is one that takes place in our awareness regardless whether we are dreaming or not. Awareness is literally divine light. Light that allows us to see. When we grow our inner light we grow our awareness.

I have shared on this forum many times how I lost my eyesight during the Vietnam War and was totally blind for about 5-years. I went through more than a dozen surgeries to regain my eyesight, but when I was blind, because of a heightened awareness, I saw things when I was blind with no eyesight that I failed to see when I had 20/20 vision in both eyes.
Old 14-09-2020, 09:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
An example of the beautiful.

JL

Ha ezek lennének az utolsó szavaim, minden jót kívánok az élet során. Ahogy mindent megtettem, hogy figyelmeztesselek. Béke és szeretet mindig - HA

Yes, I spell my alias incorrectly on purpose. To prove I am not perfect. Yet.
Old 14-09-2020, 10:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Do you think it's possible that someone experiences this, and "goes back" so to speak.

Also what about someone who straddles head and heart, it seems we have to choose one, ultimately, is that right?

Love and Namaste,

JL

There are religious people who talk about someone “back sliding” but the spiritual experience opens doors that in my opinion can not be totally shut again. We can ignore that the door is open, which most people are doing anyways, but having a conscious spiritual experience leaves and indelible mark on our consciousness. But that does not stop us from acting like a fool. Although, my own spirituality stops me from harming others.

Most people do vacillate between the path of the head and the path of the heart; I embrace balance. Our head is needed in this world, and so is our heart. The thing for me is not to become polarized, or stuck. In one single day a person can journey into their emotions, then go into various mental states, and then quiet down and journey to their spiritual nature.

This is the true journey. The journey is not what we are doing on the outside but rather what we are doing on the inside every moment of our existence. Everything on the outside is but a reflection of what is going on inside of people. In my opinion the human journey is to bring our inner light into this physical world even if we have frequent visits to our head.

In Hinduism Jnana yoga is the path of knowledge, which is gained through spiritual and religious study. Intellect is required on this particular path. A person can gain self-realization through study of “sacred” texts, religious teachings, and the like. One can also gain wisdom through such studies. Again, in my opinion balance is key. Prayer, meditation, use your head, use your heart, use all of it. But what I wrote about in my post was about the competition, or inner battle, that often takes place between the head and the heart, and it is that battle which causes friction and tension, and is usually the impetus for us to hold on.
Old 15-09-2020, 04:33 AM
janielee

Quote:
We look with our eyes but we see with our awareness. There are times when we could be looking directly at something and not see it because of a lack of awareness. Awareness is light; grow our own awareness and we will be able to shine light on what we may need to let go of. Awareness will help us in this world and beyond this world.

When we are sleeping we see our dreams in our awareness, it is the same during our waking hours, but the true awakening is one that takes place in our awareness regardless whether we are dreaming or not. Awareness is literally divine light. Light that allows us to see. When we grow our inner light we grow our awareness.

I have shared on this forum many times how I lost my eyesight during the Vietnam War and was totally blind for about 5-years. I went through more than a dozen surgeries to regain my eyesight, but when I was blind, because of a heightened awareness, I saw things when I was blind with no eyesight that I failed to see when I had 20/20 vision in both eyes.

https://www.amaravati.org/dhamma-boo...ive-awareness/
Old 15-09-2020, 04:35 AM
janielee

Quote:
There are religious people who talk about someone “back sliding” but the spiritual experience opens doors that in my opinion can not be totally shut again. We can ignore that the door is open, which most people are doing anyways, but having a conscious spiritual experience leaves and indelible mark on our consciousness. But that does not stop us from acting like a fool. Although, my own spirituality stops me from harming others.

Most people do vacillate between the path of the head and the path of the heart; I embrace balance. Our head is needed in this world, and so is our heart. The thing for me is not to become polarized, or stuck. In one single day a person can journey into their emotions, then go into various mental states, and then quiet down and journey to their spiritual nature.

This is the true journey. The journey is not what we are doing on the outside but rather what we are doing on the inside every moment of our existence. Everything on the outside is but a reflection of what is going on inside of people. In my opinion the human journey is to bring our inner light into this physical world even if we have frequent visits to our head.

In Hinduism Jnana yoga is the path of knowledge, which is gained through spiritual and religious study. Intellect is required on this particular path. A person can gain self-realization through study of “sacred” texts, religious teachings, and the like. One can also gain wisdom through such studies. Again, in my opinion balance is key. Prayer, meditation, use your head, use your heart, use all of it. But what I wrote about in my post was about the competition, or inner battle, that often takes place between the head and the heart, and it is that battle which causes friction and tension, and is usually the impetus for us to hold on.

Yes, one can never go fully back anymore, even though many of us do.

Thank you for showing this world an example of what is real and true, Starman.