Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 04-07-2011, 08:32 PM
jondav

prayer power ?

I read in a national newspaper today that people awaiting heart surgery,recovered much more quickly,if they were prayed for.The group awaiting surgery were divided into two groups, one section was "prayed for" whilst the other was not. The findings were pretty conclusive,the former came through it much better.The only thing I would question is ,did the group helped by prayer,know this,we have to rule out auto suggestion
Old 04-07-2011, 08:46 PM
moke64916

There was a study done on cells. One room people would say positive messages to the cells, while the other group would say negative comments to the cells. The group that gave loving messages to the cells multiplied faster than the other.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Master
crazy stuff!!

well a week ago I started thinking about how two peoples' brains could interact, even if the people were far away and maybe never even met in person.. if you imagine these two people both thinking about the other, there has got to be some sort of energy that could occupy all the space in between connecting them. call it their brains call it their souls, whatever you like

I think they've established that feelings have an effect on health.. too bad they don't give credit to the energies and forces behind those feelings and thoughts. ah man can you imagine what kinds of metaphysical experiments the government might be involved in?? but then again I see the government as bad overall so Idno how enlightened they could be..
Old 12-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Master
We are all connected, as one, so yes I believe in prayer and I've read many studies on pray and how it helps to heal people
Spiritlite
Old 13-07-2011, 07:33 PM
moke64916

Most powerful prayers I believe are prayers of gratitude and affirmation prayers. "I am." Help me find it within myself to do this, that. But prayers of gratitude I believe are the most powerful prayers. Or thanking God in advance before the prayer actually happened.
Old 14-07-2011, 01:54 AM
Master
jondav: The only thing I would question is, did the group helped by prayer know this, we have to rule out auto suggestion

Studies have shown that prayer works better when the person doesn't know they are being prayed for! And infants, animals, plants and even cells in lab dishes have the same kind of positive response.

Other projects have demonstrated that the religion or belief system of the people involved are not the issue, but genuine heartful intention is powerful.

There are quite a few books on the subject if you're interested to pursue it further.
Larry Dossey is a famous author and researcher in this field, as is Lynne McTaggart.

Xan

Old 14-07-2011, 02:03 AM
Stellar_Steve

There is a great book out there call Fingerprints of God in which the author chronicle many such studies. One particular that I remember was having a self described very connected husband and wife sit in two separate rooms. They could not see or hear each other. The wife was hooked up to sensors that measured her physiological responses.

The researcher told the husband to think positive thoughts directed at his wife at certain points. It was the finding that whenever the researcher told him to think those thoughts, the wife (who was completed secluded in the other room) had a physiological response which related to a positive emotional response.
Old 16-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Experiencer
Hey Sapphirez,
You know it about the government. I have a very Psychic friend who was "studied" when she was a little girl to learn how they might replicate her powers. She's basically in hiding now...
I was a guinea pig in something you wouldn't even believe... but can read about here if you scroll down to the "Healing/Mind Control Machine chapter.
http://mysticorbtalismans.blogspot.c...ss-closet.html
And there is an earlier chapter where I first met "the German" and did experiments where plants could read my intention. If plants can do it, I'd suppose humans could also.
Totally agree with Moke,
Prayers where you ask to be healed of some disease...only feeds the thoughtform of the disease. But prayers of gratitude and affirmation do work.

You know about that poor guy who had the badly deformed hand, all gnarley and mutated.
He put his hands together in Prayer and asked God,
Please make both of my hands the same....

OUCH....

Two Gnarley hands...

Something I found out long ago is, you gotta be specific...
AND
better consider all the ramifications of what you are asking before you do.

I live in a world of instant manifestation...

It is Scary sometimes, and I finally quit asking....

I figure what I need I'll get when I do.... and I always do.

But back when I used to ask, and always got what I asked for....

Well, you never really can consider all the ramifications.

Turns out most of what I thought I wanted

Were actually the last things I Needed.
Old 16-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Mish

I have been reading all the thoughts here about prayer and the other day I felt so emotionally distraught that I asked several people to pray for me without being specific. Does that kind of request work? The people I asked said they were sending me prayers and I hoped that God heard those prayers. I am feeling better each day but I don't know if it is time, the prayers, knowing someone is praying, God, or all of the above.