Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 28-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Trussell1

Question Can smells be signs of angels

Hi, Im new to this forum but have been confused by something and I cant get it off my mind. I often smell toast - sometimes in my sleep and when I wake and just recently in the middle of the day in my kitchen. I read up on the smell of toast and there could be a medical explanation - possible signs of stroke and I have always beared this in mind until a few days ago. I was with my son in our lounge when I walked into our kitchen and the most intense smell of toast took over the room, I thought our neighbour must have burnt there's and went to open the back door to smell but it was fine, I returned to the kitchen where is was so strong that now my son could smell it from the lounge. I went to our front door but the smell disappeared. It was only in our kitchen, then without any warning the smell was gone, just as quick as it came. Today my son was on his own in the house and it happened again. There is no electrical fault in the house. I feel that someone is trying to communicate - to let us know they are with us. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? There is nothing to link anyone that has past to the smell of toast or any other burnt food.
Old 28-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Carwen*Angel

Toast is an unusual one, but we all have different dominant psychic skills, and it is possible that you (and your son) could have more predominant clairalience - clear smelling.

A distinctive smell such as toast I would have thought more likely to be linked to a particular spirit, but I wouldn't rule out angels...
Old 29-01-2014, 09:15 AM
Trussell1

Thank you for replying to me. I cant think why toast would link to a spirit of someone I knew. I have such mixed emotions about this, at first it fascinates me, then it scares me, then when I really think about it, it comforts me. The very first time I smelt it was in 2012 just after my nephew took his own life and our whole family really couldn't cope with our feelings, I took comfort in the smell and felt someone was telling us we would get stronger. At that same time some of our pictures hanging on walls in our house were tilted at an angle. Can I ask, do you think that some spirits are also Angels? Do you think spirits come back to help and guide you in times of trouble - is an Angel different to a spirit?
Old 29-01-2014, 12:54 PM
Kpastelle

I think some spirits can come back as guides...Not sure about angels but guides I pretty much know for sure
Old 29-01-2014, 01:19 PM
LillyMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trussell1
Hi, Im new to this forum but have been confused by something and I cant get it off my mind. I often smell toast - sometimes in my sleep and when I wake and just recently in the middle of the day in my kitchen. I read up on the smell of toast and there could be a medical explanation - possible signs of stroke and I have always beared this in mind until a few days ago. I was with my son in our lounge when I walked into our kitchen and the most intense smell of toast took over the room, I thought our neighbour must have burnt there's and went to open the back door to smell but it was fine, I returned to the kitchen where is was so strong that now my son could smell it from the lounge. I went to our front door but the smell disappeared. It was only in our kitchen, then without any warning the smell was gone, just as quick as it came. Today my son was on his own in the house and it happened again. There is no electrical fault in the house. I feel that someone is trying to communicate - to let us know they are with us. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? There is nothing to link anyone that has past to the smell of toast or any other burnt food.

I really believe you are experiencing clairscent. The ability to have a clear smell of spirit. I would say you have got at least 1 spirit around you, or many more.

I believe this ability is not very common.
Old 29-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Master
Trussel, you are not alone. I was so excited to see this thread today! I have woke up in the middle of the night smelling toast probably a dozen times over the last couple of years. I could not associate toast with anyone who has passed, or anything in particular. there isn't a neighbor close enough for me to smell. I guess toast is kind of comfort food. I'm curious to see people's thoughts on this one. :)
Old 29-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Ascender
Perhaps the spirit was being a generous host and likes to make toast for his guests. :)
Old 29-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Experiencer

I've smelled everything from incense to Indian food. Not toast though. You could always try talking whenever you smell a "phantom" scent like that. Like.."Who are you? Do you need anything?" And pay attention to how you feel after that.

"The Soul Does not Love; It Is Love Itself.
It Does not Exist; It Is Existence Itself.
It Does not Know; It Is Knowledge Itself."

- PATANJALI
Old 29-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Deactivated Account

Growing up,I had this amazing aunt (now passed) who was one of the most spiritual woman I have ever met and she always told me to watch for smells,both good and bad( I suppose foul smells were /evil bad). When the smell of roses would arise,she said the Virgin Mary was present (Catholic up-bringing). I took her word for it and when I would randomly smell a scent like roses I would get so happy because I knew I was in good company.

Maybe it's mind over matter,but those cute little things I remember and they warm my heart. Now older, when I smell roses out of nowhere I think of my aunt.
Old 30-01-2014, 09:15 AM
Trussell1

Thank you all for your thoughts. Its interesting to know how everyone else feels about this. I have always believed in spirit guides and angels but never felt so close before. I will be trying my best to tune into my own feelings when I smell it again and although I have called out before I will try again and hopefully will feel the presence. xx