Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 28-10-2010, 03:25 AM
Sangress

[/quote]This is a very bad way of determining the validity of Indigo Children.[/quote]

And what would a "good" way of validatig an indigo child or adult be?

What other good way is there to validate something this broad other than to find a pattern of traits and behaviour, proving such a pattern exists outside of the "indigo community" and also that such a pattern is not the product of any group of mental illness's or enabling of another person (such as a parent)?

To be clear, the indigo phenominon is all obviously labels, misinterpretations, fake information and bad intentions aimed at enabling parents and manipulating their perceptions of themselves and their children. I do not, by any means, support the idea of any of it nor think that any of it is minutely likely in any way shape or form.

But I prefer not to rule anything out completely, no matter what it is, because I find that deciding that anything milidly rational is "impossible" or "untrue" limits future experiences and perceptions of reality itself in monumental ways.

Last edited by Sangress : 28-10-2010 at 03:32 AM.
Old 28-10-2010, 03:26 AM
AnnoyingPony

Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by radareyes
There are certain vibratory frequencies that different individuals gravitate towards. These frequencies dictate the manner in which any given individual will conduct themselves in life. How do I propose that they be ascertained? The only way we have available to us -- the establishment of an attunement with the energetic level of reality.

I call **. Prove the existence of these "vibratory frequencies".

Quote:
True. The difference between you and me is that you remain impressed with the status quo whereas I find it, for lack of a better word, rather pedestrian.

The difference between you and I is that you try to twist your perceptions of the world into the way you want it to be, whereas I change my views and ideas as new information is presented.

Quote:
Given that I've never referred to the natural world as it has been defined by current scientific understanding, I'd say you've backed yourself into a corner.

So I'm stupid for not believing in stuff blindly?

Quote:
Faith is only necessary prior to the experience of direct perception. Do you have faith that you know how to tie your shoes, or do you simply know it?

And actually, I don't know how to tie my shoes... it's embarrassing, really... I have fine motor issues.
Old 28-10-2010, 03:30 AM
mahakali

well well it seems as though my fellow A.D.D.er is coming around, ahem:
posted from wiki:
Consciousness
is variously defined as subjective experience, awareness, the ability to experience "feeling", wakefulness, the understanding of the concept "self", or the executive control system of the mind

in other words the observer

The New Age movement is a spiritual and quasi-religious Western movement that developed in the latter half of the 20th century. Its central precepts revolve around "drawing on both Eastern and Western spiritual and metaphysical traditions and then infusing them with influences from self-help and motivational psychology, holistic health, parapsychology, consciousness research and quantum mechanics"[2] in order to create "a spirituality without borders or confining dogmas" that is inclusive and pluralistic.[3] Another of its primary traits is holding to "a holistic worldview,"[4] thereby emphasising that the Mind, Body and Spirit are interrelated[1] and that there is a form of Oneness and unity throughout the universe.[5] It further attempts to create "a worldview that includes both science and spirituality"[6] and thereby embraces a number of forms of science
Old 28-10-2010, 03:46 AM
Guide
I'm on the side of calling out the Indigo thing as a Barnum's Syndrome.

While people can come up with any argument as a base for attempting to validate their ideas, the nature of those ideas themselves need to be realized for what they are - either they are realistic, or they are fantasy.

I know that people want it to be true, even so much that they get emotional but just because we get emotional about our ideas that doesn't mean they are valid.

If we are going to learn anything, we have to be objective realists. Otherwise, we are only playing around in the gymnasium of the imagination.
Old 28-10-2010, 03:57 AM
Ladofthelight

I thought an "Indigo" Child was a kid who wore a lot of bluish-purple...?

Huh... shows how important labels are.

AnnoyingPony,

If you met a child with the actual proper name "Indigo" would you still be so up in arms?
Old 28-10-2010, 04:02 AM
mahakali

Quote:
by sangress- But I prefer not to rule anything out completely, no matter what it is, because I find that deciding that anything milidly rational is "impossible" or "untrue" limits future experiences and perceptions of reality itself in monumental ways.

i agree

as for the whole indigo children thing, I really have no opinion either way like sangrees said its just a label.

I do however support the new age movement and that was the reason for my previous posts.
Old 28-10-2010, 04:06 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyingPony
I call **. Prove the existence of these "vibratory frequencies".

Proof of the existence of metaphysical phenomena can only be attained subjectively, though to understand this, one must first have a sense of what constitutes the subject/object paradigm. You go deep enough into the subject and you emerge as the object, and vice versa.

Quote:
The difference between you and I is that you try to twist your perceptions of the world into the way you want it to be, whereas I change my views and ideas as new information is presented.

That's an admirable quality, particularly in these times of sweeping change and tumult. The challenge for you now is to remain vigilant, even when it may seem tempting to settle into a comfortable conception of reality.

Quote:

So I'm stupid for not believing in stuff blindly?

I was simply pointing out the fact that your definition was self-defeating, not attempting to assassinate your character.

Quote:
And actually, I don't know how to tie my shoes... it's embarrassing, really... I have fine motor issues.

And apparently difficulty with metaphor interpretation as well. Ah well, we live and learn right? Or so they say...

Last edited by radareyes : 28-10-2010 at 04:10 AM.
Old 28-10-2010, 04:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Quantum mechanics are pretty cool.

Although the video did say that it was not consciousness that affected the behavior of the particles, but the presence of an observer. Basically, the particles no longer react the way they normally do when they are being observed. They are not consciously wishing the particles to act differently, they simply do.

Actually, AP, I don't know that this video states it, but "the observer" does actually tend to be consciousness. That is, the fact that the results change when someone is watching (or some consciousness is aware) is only half the statement. The other half is that it can be changed in any way--by the adding of energy or the subtraction of energy.

Now up until now, science has said, "Oh, that's just the randomness." But the fact that without an observer, there is no change makes that not the case.

So, consciousness can be in inanimate things we don't normally consider conscious.

There is a great video by a Nobel winning physicist that describes what he calls the Universal Consciousness that can be found at the mathematical base of all sciences--physical sciences like geology, planetary movements, particle physics, quantum mathematics, etc. Each can be simplified to the same mathematical expression---a unified base.

I'll post a link if anyone is interested.

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 28-10-2010, 04:11 AM
mahakali

Quote:
And apparantly difficulty with metaphor interpretation as well. Ah well, we live and learn right? Or so they say...
common honey not vinegar. i think she was joking anyways.

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves. - buddha
Old 28-10-2010, 04:15 AM
Master
The new age are really in most cases just replacing the old ideologies with new ones, with new labels, with new names and thats all Indigo or any other belief system is. We just got to realize that we are not these labels and not to get caught up in them, labels can be useful in the beginning for the blind but when we Awaken to what the labels point to we then can drop the label and live within that which the label pointed to. But to go through your whole life believing you are the label is to miss the whole point, we need to mature in Spirit just as a child matures and moves on from one grad to the next, until he or she has graduated.