Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 11-11-2010, 04:03 AM
Master
AP what do you actually believe in???????????? I'm just curious.
Spiritlite.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:34 AM
Ivy

[quote=AnnoyingPony]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx

The supernatural is a figment of the imagination. It is thought. Thoughts are not physical; they are controlled by chemicals and electrical pulses in the brain and nervous system.

And I never said that it doesn't exist just because my school doesn't teach it. I do a lot of self-discovery and learning outside of school. It's just that I have never seen any convincing proof of the supernatural. If it exists (which I am highly doubtful of), it is doing an extremely good job at hiding itself.

supernatural doesnt exist...it is what you imagine many of the topics of spiritual forums to be like. You wrote....The physical world is the only one that we can know to certainly exist. We can actually observe the physical world. Then you mention that thoughts are not physical. Then you make a scientifically unproved claim that.... they are controlled by chemicals and electrical pulses in the brain and nervous system.Youre arguing in some respects against yourself. As I say, it comes across like a tethered pony kicking up your heels...but youre not getting anywhere. As spiritlite suggests, perhaps you could divulge your own beliefs...scientific or not??
Old 11-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoshiMoshi
ok annoyingpony ive read this thread and i think that u r so wrong!!!!! obviously indigos exist bcuz i am one of them!
What makes you think you are one?

And no, you aren't going to save the world. We can only change ourselves, and with it, others may change a little. Ultimately, it's all up to the individual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx

And emotion is not physical...nor is thought.
Emotions are just labels for the mental sensations we experience.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra-violet
Those are emotional sensations.
If you experience joy, or peaceful thoughts, you might call it ''happiness''.
It's your mind which tries to externalize the experience and creates labels/concepts.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:32 AM
AnnoyingPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
AP what do you actually believe in???????????? I'm just curious.
Spiritlite.

I'm an atheist. I don't believe in God/a higher power, spirits, ghosts, auras, chakras, Zeus, and a lot of other things.

Seriously, listing everything that I think is false would take forever.

But if you were asking me what I did believe in, then I would say that I believe in humankind's ability to overcome.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you, I understand that, I was simply stating that emotions are emotional sensations and not mental sensations.
Not quite. The 'emotion' as we call it, is a label. But in reality emotions are physical reactions to pains and pleasures. Therefore, emotions can't be ''emotional sensations''
Old 12-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Master
Quote:
on the same note emotions can't be called mental sensations either.
We got a brain that produces thoughts which can trigger 'emotions'. There isn't really a barrier between physical and mental.
We only perceive it that way because we have developed brains.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Rumar

I wonder if indigo children's souls taste better than normal people's.
Only one way to find out.
Old 13-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Lostgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumar
I wonder if indigo children's souls taste better than normal people's.
Only one way to find out.

Thats a little bit creepys....lol!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Aislyn

2 things, well 3 but first: I too have ADHD- It's a blessing and a gift once you can control it. I multi-task better than anyone I know and I also learn things quicker than anyone else I know...becoming this way was not without grave difficulty. I was a flop for years before I accepted and harnessed my weaknesses and made them strengths. It's only a curse if you make it one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Mahakali-

Great story of success. I've always had this working theory that almost all "mental disorders" stem from unchecked energy from the crown and third eye chakras, and perhaps a blockage somewhere below those. It causes the energy to circle and circle and circle the brain. For some that becomes OCD, ADHD, schizophrenia, and eventually Alzheimer's.

Now I don't want to sound all New Agey here, but I also believe these are the tasks that humankind, as a whole, will need to solve--how to handle the extra energy without damage to the physical body. And each individual comes up with a unique solution.

IsleWalker - Lora

I agree completely. A lot of "controlling" my "ailments" was deep meditation retraining my brain and thought processes and then testing said changes and being sure they carried on to my natural reactions and if they didn't, that they turned into my natural reactions. I think had I not "retrained" myself I would be insane. Once I changed my responses and such my depression literally just disappeared right with it. They were connected and I never noticed. I hated myself because I couldn't concentrate or remember things, I had no patience and sucked at work because I couldn't stay on task and I'd be daydreaming. Granted, my memory still isn't all that hot... I think that's age though... I'm getting old. Or at least I feel old.

And a closer fitting theory as to why the kids are associated with "indigo" has more to do with the chakras than auras. People's auras are ever changing and wavering... they lack the stability enough to create a label for an entire genre... unless of course the kid is a robot with a soul... nah, that still wouldn't work.