Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 29-10-2010, 11:11 PM
AnnoyingPony
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
Lad, may I ask the significance of your avatar...
I think it means anarchy.

Recap: the thread started off by saying that A.D.D. is not a gift and i disagreed. for me, after my horrible childhood, My A.D.D. turned into a gift. I do not know much about indigo's, but i do know that Im claircognizant and have dealt with healing first hand, AP seems to think im mistaken. she doesn't believe in anything that would support the new age or metaphysics.

people are saying that in Asia they do not have indigo or a.d.d. children, this may be because the parents just ignore problems and push there kids till they become functional well this is copied from wiki:

''Geographically, children in North America appear to have a higher rate of ADHD than children in Africa and the Middle East,[188] well published studies have found rates of ADHD as low as 2% and as high as 14% among school aged children.[189] The rates of diagnosis and treatment of ADHD are also much higher on the East Coast of the USA than on the West Coast.Rates of ADHD diagnosis and treatment have increased in both the UK and the USA since the 1970s. In the UK an estimated 0.5 per 1,000 children had ADHD in the 1970s''

the darker green means more kids with A.D.D. in these states. you can see Georgia's all lit up lol. anyways, i just put this here for yall to think about, im not claiming that A.D.D. kids are all indigo kids. really im just making for a good conversation.

According to this twin study, ADHD has a strong genetic component. Their CAT scans also look different.

click
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 30-10-2010, 01:29 AM
mahakali
Posts: n/a
 
I was going to read THIS but when i pull up the page my screen says downloading and i do not trust it, so i went back out. Its probably nothing but i just got rid of a Trojan so im a little trusting of unrated sites. sorry
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 30-10-2010, 05:33 AM
AnnoyingPony
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
I was going to read THIS but when i pull up the page my screen says downloading and i do not trust it, so i went back out. Its probably nothing but i just got rid of a Trojan so im a little trusting of unrated sites. sorry

It can also be found on the Wikipedia link that says "click".

I wouldn't lead you to any malicious sites on purpose, would I? *sinister laughter*
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 30-10-2010, 05:58 AM
mahakali
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyingPony
It can also be found on the Wikipedia link that says "click".

I wouldn't lead you to any malicious sites on purpose, would I? *sinister laughter*
oh i did not know it was the wiki, i know you wouldn't on purpose, lol.

Im fascinated with learning about The a.d.d. brain, at a young age i contemplated some pretty deep things that i seemed to veer away from throughout my teen years. then picked it back up in adulthood. people thought i was a dope but what was going on in there was divine at times, from the time I was a small kid i felt such empathy for even the smallest ant, even now i dont eat meat. i would take time out to save spiders and still do. I dont even kill mosquitoes(dont even say anything, lol) I would see things about what people would do to the planet and cry at night. I would think to myself about peoples intention and deep seeded insecurities, if i wanted to get back at a bully i could make them cry just by telling them about themselves in such a way, i would never do that now. I always found myself saying things like "that's not fair" always getting the response "well life's not fair".
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 30-10-2010, 04:52 PM
radareyes radareyes is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 32
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
Im fascinated with learning about The a.d.d. brain,

ADD pathology is actually relatively simple: There is a multi-dimensionality to the being that if allowed to be channelled by the ego becomes the neurotic ADD manifestation described by AnnoyingPony earlier in this thread. If, however, it is transmuted by higher consciousness, it becomes an ability to process information at an extremely accelerated rate and to utilize multiple areas of the brain (different types of intelligence) simultaneously. So, for example, one could study the structural components of a Bach cantata while simultaneously doing ones tax return while simultaneously planning and cooking a meal for one's family, all without losing awareness of the "immediacy" of the moment.

The great irony of the ADD diagnosis is that in the majority of cases, it's actually "AAD": Attention Abundance Disorder. Of course, there's a difference between having attention and knowing how to allocate it.

Last edited by radareyes : 30-10-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 30-10-2010, 05:17 PM
mahakali
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by radareyes
ADD pathology is actually relatively simple: There is a multi-dimensionality to the being that if allowed to be channelled by the ego becomes the neurotic ADD manifestation described by AnnoyingPony earlier in this thread. If, however, it is transmuted by higher consciousness, it becomes an ability to process information at an extremely accelerated rate and to utilize multiple areas of the brain (different types of intelligence) simultaneously. So, for example, one could study the structural components of a Bach cantata while simultaneously doing ones tax return while simultaneously planning and cooking a meal for one's family, all without losing awareness of the "immediacy" of the moment.

The great irony of the ADD diagnosis is that in the majority of cases, it's actually "AAD": Attention Abundance Disorder. Of course, there's a difference between having attention and knowing how to allocate it.
yes great post i agree, maybe not so much with multitasking, but going very deep with one subject at a time and making more complex discoveries than the average. Eisenstein was said to have a.d.d.

I have read in some places that the a.d.d. brain has certain areas that light up as if it were meditating, this i would like to learn more about, you know, the semantics of it all.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 30-10-2010, 07:19 PM
AnnoyingPony
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
oh i did not know it was the wiki, i know you wouldn't on purpose, lol.

Im fascinated with learning about The a.d.d. brain, at a young age i contemplated some pretty deep things that i seemed to veer away from throughout my teen years. then picked it back up in adulthood. people thought i was a dope but what was going on in there was divine at times, from the time I was a small kid i felt such empathy for even the smallest ant, even now i dont eat meat. i would take time out to save spiders and still do. I dont even kill mosquitoes(dont even say anything, lol) I would see things about what people would do to the planet and cry at night. I would think to myself about peoples intention and deep seeded insecurities, if i wanted to get back at a bully i could make them cry just by telling them about themselves in such a way, i would never do that now. I always found myself saying things like "that's not fair" always getting the response "well life's not fair".

I had trouble understanding other people and communicating with them (my parents thought I had Asperger's but I disagree). I was definitely more "worldly" than other kids my age and I knew a lot about the animal kingdom and the human body. I never kill spiders or insects, but I do confess that I eat fish once in a while (I'm such a hypocrite lolz). But I did understand people's desires and insecurities, as well as how to see multiple points of view, much more as I grew older. But the one thing that makes me angry is what people will do to each other, what religious dogma can make them do to each other, people who claim to have a moral high ground over others just because of who they are. And cut flowers. I have no idea why, but seeing cut flowers make me scared. I never got any idea that any of this was divine, I just felt that I was different and I was surprised that people didn't ponder God, existence, and morality more often.

(Italics just looks so wonderful!)
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 30-10-2010, 07:21 PM
AnnoyingPony
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by radareyes
ADD pathology is actually relatively simple: There is a multi-dimensionality to the being that if allowed to be channelled by the ego becomes the neurotic ADD manifestation described by AnnoyingPony earlier in this thread. If, however, it is transmuted by higher consciousness, it becomes an ability to process information at an extremely accelerated rate and to utilize multiple areas of the brain (different types of intelligence) simultaneously. So, for example, one could study the structural components of a Bach cantata while simultaneously doing ones tax return while simultaneously planning and cooking a meal for one's family, all without losing awareness of the "immediacy" of the moment.

The great irony of the ADD diagnosis is that in the majority of cases, it's actually "AAD": Attention Abundance Disorder. Of course, there's a difference between having attention and knowing how to allocate it.

I've read that drugs like Ritalin used for controlling ADHD do actually let you focus on one thing, but in a lot of cases it makes you focus on the wrong thing. For instance, you might be intending to type your resume, but end up spending hours adding examples to TvTropes instead.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 30-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Sangress
Posts: n/a
 
Random story/example related to this topic.
Today someone a bit younger than me (16 years old), tried to convince me (and herself by the looks of things) that she was indigo . . .when all I said was "I don't believe or agree with the concept of Indigo's."

The "I am indigo" comments were shoved down my throat for a further hour or so.

I went on to tell her that I never asked about her, don't feel a need to know about how or why she thinks she is an indigo or care to entertain such thoughts.

She went on, again, to tell me how she fit ALL of the characteristic's from a list on a website. I made a point of saying things like, "so, you would base your personality and limit your own experiences to that of an indigo because of a list on a website?" (yes) "Hmmm, well, if this list told you to jump off a cliff I assume you might do that too then."

It seemed every answer she had to anything I said was "Well, I'm an indigo and that's who I am." Just to prove further how manipulated (and brainwashed?) she had become.

Even worse, she backed up her own nagging actions to the "I don't obey authority...because I'm an indigo and all indigo's are that way."

My reply was something along the lines of "That is not obeying authority because your not obeying authority, not because you are indigo. What you just said is a choice you have made and also an excuse for misbehavior which is socially unacceptable."

And lo and behold all of the "adults/friends who awakened her" (including parents!) got called over to "help" her by insulting me and threatening to "report me to the authorities" in the hope that I might stop speaking the truth.

The only progress I got to was that I later had the girl AND her parents admit that they had not checked the websites sources, or talked to the maker of the site and I also pointed out that there was no contact details on the site itself or anywhere else.....all of such things point to a fraud.

I know that they all still refused to see the reality of the situation even after all that.

*Holds the bridge of my nose* Ugh headache.

This kind of situation has become so common to me that I think I'm heading down the "there are no such thing as indigo's" path with no return.

Actually, I'm with Annoying Pony alllll the way.

What can we hope to do about all of this *gestures at the indigo community/cult*?

Last edited by Sangress : 30-10-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 30-10-2010, 09:35 PM
mahakali
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
Random story/example related to this topic.
Today someone a bit younger than me (16 years old), tried to convince me (and herself by the looks of things) that she was indigo . . .when all I said was "I don't believe or agree with the concept of Indigo's."

The "I am indigo" comments were shoved down my throat for a further hour or so.

I went on to tell her that I never asked about her, don't feel a need to know about how or why she thinks she is an indigo or care to entertain such thoughts.

She went on, again, to tell me how she fit ALL of the characteristic's from a list on a website. I made a point of saying things like, "so, you would base your personality and limit your own experiences to that of an indigo because of a list on a website?" (yes) "Hmmm, well, if this list told you to jump off a cliff I assume you might do that too then."

It seemed every answer she had to anything I said was "Well, I'm an indigo and that's who I am." Just to prove further how manipulated (and brainwashed?) she had become.

Even worse, she backed up her own nagging actions to the "I don't obey authority...because I'm an indigo. So I can say and do whatever I want."

My reply was something along the lines of "That is not obeying authority because your not obeying authority, not because you are indigo. What you just said is a choice you have made and also an excuse for misbehavior which is socially unacceptable.

And lo and behold all of the "adults/friends who awakened her" (including parents!) got called over to "help" her by insulting me and threatening to "report me to the authorities" in the hope that I might stop speaking the truth.

The only progress I got to was that I later had the girl AND her parents admit that they had not checked the websites sources, or talked to the maker of the site and I also pointed out that there was no contact details on the site itself or anywhere else.....all of such things point to a fraud.

I know that they all still refused to see the reality of the situation even after all that.

*Holds the bridge of my nose* Ugh headache.

This kind of situation has become so common to me that I think I'm heading down the "there is no such thing as indigo's" path with no return.

Actually, I'm with Annoying Pony alllll the way.

What can we hope to do about all of this *gestures at the indigo community/cult*?
I think we have mostly agreed that labels will limit your perspective. IMO to each is own. I dont think a religion/cult has formed around the idea. Ive never met anyone in person who even knew what indigo children were... i need to get out of the south. I believe that we came for a reason, those reasons differ, weather or not you can read it in ones aura i dont know, or care, but getting angry and arguing with a sixteen year old is pointless.

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. -Buddha

btw i am not defending indigo's i dont believe or deny anything 100%
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums