Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 06-03-2011, 07:49 PM
numerouno

Hmm, according to eastern astrology each person has a "samundi" or fairy. Only 1% understand their lesson and thus reap the reward.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:32 PM
nightowl

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I tend to believe it is possible to have a mythical creature as a guide. I have this belief that spirit speaks to us in ways that we understand. In other words if a person feels a spiritual connection with a mythical creature then spirit may use that form to guide or teach us as is necessary for the individual. I also tend to believe that there is always a measure of truth in myths and legends in all cultures.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Ellette

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
I have this belief that spirit speaks to us in ways that we understand.

I very much agree with this. Ways we understand and ways we are open to.

In some ways I don't see it any different as believing in god(s). And, as a pagan, it seems to make sense in that there is lore about gods involving mythological creatures. At least, it does to me. Of course, your mileage may vary for non-pagans. :)
Old 07-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Moonkestrel

I met someone who's guide is a dragon...I believe that this is right for the people who are in contact with such guides. xxx
Old 07-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Master
Rather then asking, can mystical creatures be guides, perhaps we need to ask, what is shown to me, in a metaphoric context.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I tend to believe it is possible to have a mythical creature as a guide. I have this belief that spirit speaks to us in ways that we understand. In other words if a person feels a spiritual connection with a mythical creature then spirit may use that form to guide or teach us as is necessary for the individual. I also tend to believe that there is always a measure of truth in myths and legends in all cultures.

I see those creatures exist in different realities, and since you have a strong connection with the indigenous cultures, it is no surprise that you belief in their existence and perhaps seek their guidance. Shamans always have moved or traveled to other realities to seek guidance.
But this is different to the work a guide does. Guides are always entities who are more developed, higher in vibration then ourselves, and always part of the same reality.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:08 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Rather then asking, can mystical creatures be guides, perhaps we need to ask, what is shown to me, in a metaphoric context.

I agree with the insight you are alluding to here. Very often in our spiritual journey things are revealed or represented in a metaphorical context. Thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited by nightowl : 08-03-2011 at 02:21 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Felynx

To all those sceptics, whos to say that those creatures didnt actually exist at some point? That would make it entirely possible. I dont think Ill get into detail, but I know this from personal experience.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Uhmar

My question is WHY do you all assume they are MYTHOLOGICAL?
Why can non of you open your minds to the possibility that they may actually exist or existed.

Can you be so closed minded that you can not fathom that on another planet such creatures DO exist? Can you not fathom the possibility that as old as this planet is..... yet it is in it's infancy .....that way way way back in the beginning such creatures roamed these lands and the stories of them were told from generation to genertion until finally they eventually became extinct.
In another twenty thousand years when sea life is all finally poisoned by oil spills will people be saying they did not exist either.

One of my many guides is a dragon guide,
He holds male energy and actually came from another realm and dimension to assist me.
Now It matters not to me if you can open your mind that far. What mattters is I see him, feelhim and trust him.
He shrinks himself down flies through my house on occasion to make sure I see him and he appears behind my eyes constantly . But one day he appeared in the sky as another affirmation of his being close by at all times. I took the pic but didnt connect as I was driving , I just knew i was drawn to the sky. As I slept that night this picture was shown to me and it was highlighted to make sure I saw what had so preciously been given to me. I jumped up and looked in my camera for the pic and sure enough it was there.

his head is dead center of the pic, level with the tree tops. He curls to the left and then around up at the top, His ridges on his back show clearly and one of his small feet show clearly in the top right under his body.His forhead has a triangle crown on it with the point down. No matter how many times I see him he makes sure I see the triangle crown.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:04 AM
nightowl

Uhmar,
Thanks for sharing your photo and thoughts. I believe there are many on this thread who have stated that they believe that it is possible for there to be guides such as these. I think we use the term mythical because that is just how they are classified in our culture. So I don't think we are as closed minded as you may think, many of us are right there with you!