Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 06-03-2011, 07:39 AM
nightowl

Mythical Creatures as Spirit Guides?

I have a curious question that my daughter and I have been discussing now for a couple of weeks. Is it possible that a person's spirit guides could be mythical creatures, for example like mermaids, dragons and even a phoenix and so on?

I would love to hear everyone's take on this question. Thanks!

nightowl
Old 06-03-2011, 07:42 AM
glenos

Not a chance.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Ciqala

I think it would be very possible, considering certain mythology does stem from certain cultures belief system around spirits - for example, the Phoenix bird in ancient mythology is believed to be a spiritual deity, or Quezacuitol in Coast Salish. Raven - a normal sighted bird in this day of age, believed to be one of the very few mythological creatures with supernatural powers still alive, in native culture, he has the power to shape shift, he is known as a trickster, and is known for assisting in creation, and creating the sun, moon, and the stars, and he is many peoples spirit guide.
The phoenix, or giant birds that cannot possibly exist, show up to many people as guides these days. I have the phoenix, or perhaps it is thunderbird, not sure, but she is golden, like fire, and she teaches me about the earth changes. There are lots of mythological giant birds.
Thunderbird, another native culture legend, similar to the phoenix, has been documented as being spotted, and created the moth man prophecies. I guess what i am trying to say, is mythology comes from a spiritual doctrine. The people from these cultures that these mythological creatures come from, really do believe that those mythological creatures are real spirits, and there are mythological creatures from all cultures. Like fairies for example. Loads of people have seen, or believe in fairies.

At a personal level, i have quite a few mythological creatures as spirit guides. I couldn't tell you however, anything about mermaids :) but i have met up with a peculiar race of blue skinned people in the spiritual realms.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:24 AM
glenos

Not a chance (again)
Old 06-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
Not a chance (again)

i guess the tooth fairys not coming for you!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:26 AM
glenos

And nor is a unicorn. lol
Old 06-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Sangress

Well, it's possible to fashion ones own metaphysical appearance to mimic something that is in fact "not real" and its also possible that there could be beings that would be similar to such mythical creatures.

There are also ways to force a person to see what they want to see, rather than what truly "is." It seems to be a popular defense mechanism for spirits (apparently known as tricksters) and a great base for entertainment purposes too.

So, logically speaking, it is possible if you bend the rules of what is or is not "real."

Strictly speaking though, anything that is a creature of myth is not and most was never living within the physical skin it has been depicted as, it would all be energetically/non-physical in origin.

And, most myths and legends, though twisted and exaggerated as it may seem, is or was based on a current idea or person or event at some point in time and was often regarded as being as true and real as everyone here and now.

I think such things should always be kept in mind when a person thinks of spirituality, because often people agree that there is far more than meets the eye in any experience we share, and the ways we portray that may seem convoluted at times, but there is always some shred of reality and truth rooted within any experience whether it be fabricated from the mind or experienced externally among others.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Master
Some "mythical" beings manifest only spirit form and can definitely be with you as guides.

If it were me I would ask my main guides if these presences are real or in my imagination.

Xan

Old 06-03-2011, 01:24 PM
mattie

Unseen, But Very Real

It is not unusual for us to accept the reality of certain nonphysical beings, but not others.

It has widely accepted for 1000s of years by many organized religions that a being(s) or energy called god(s) exists. Once one believes this, allowing that there are other nonphysical beings is quite natural.

If one believes that souls remain when the physical body dies then this also opens the door to the existence of many nonphysical beings. If we go to heaven (or hell) or reincarnate this accounts for millions of nonphysical bodies.

We have a vast spiritual team that is available to help us in our journey. Some are with us always such as higher self (HS) & our guides while others help us w/ specific learning. HS is part of our extended energy field. Suzan Carroll’s site, multidimensions, has abundant well written information about these topics.

There are many things that we call myths that we are likely to find are rooted in fact. It is very common culturally to label things we don’t understand as implausible & myth.

Our scientists are now coming to realize that many things that have been acknowledged by the metaphysical community are actually quite real. They are just beginning to get the ability to measure these things. This is very similar to our understanding of the Universe. NASA recently commented, w/ hilarious understatement when they got back a recent batch of deep space pictures where they thought space was empty that the Universe was much larger than they previously thought. The space they thought was empty was packed full of galaxies. LOL. We just got the ability to observe it.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:56 PM
SerquetAsa

I don't see why not.
Mythical or not - they revolve around a lot of stories, legends, and true things to date.
Even still - what you perceive is what you perceive.
No one is to tell you differently - regardless of what others think, or see.

Now, could someone's guide be a Pokemon, or something of that nature, highly doubtful being as it's fiction - but when we have no way to truly disprove a mythical being... I don't see why not. The perception isn't going to harm.