Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 14-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Master
Ironic,
Just read something on this. There is a connection between psychic ability and genetics. Not that genetics make up for it all, but they are connected and Karmically correlated.

Like if your grandparent or greatgrandparent was a medium, that ability may pass down to the grandchild and a combination of genes, nurture, and the individual's purpose in life will make them a Medium.

It is all connected biologically, spiritually, and mentally.
Old 14-01-2015, 10:27 PM
Experiencer

I caught this topic under new posts and it got my attention.. Yes I am a firm believer in that Psychic or Spiritual ability does indeed run in families, well if mine is anything to go by. I and my mother and her mother all had the ability.. Later in life I found out that cousins on my mothers side of the family were also accomplished Mediums..It seems to be the ladies rather than the guys... In my mothers case she did not persue it much as she said that it scared my dad, so it was always hushed up...
My own son has some ability but he denies it.. I have been with him when he has experienced a connection with spirit that all 3 of us got at the same time.. Interestingly the experience was repeated 2 weeks after that when we were literally 1000's of miles away from the original location on holiday... Kinda hard for him to deny that..
So yes I certainly do think there is a link.. On the paternal side of my family, an aunt and a grand mother have both made their spiritual presence felt even though they never adnitted any ability in their earthly lives..
Old 16-01-2015, 04:33 PM
Deactivated Account

Star Wolf, I think it's fortunate you have so many family members with abilities! My cousin and I talk about it openly, but my grandmother is less inclined to talk about it. She has said in the past that she and her mother denied the abilities growing up because they were afraid of the criticism. My cousin said she also denied it but that recently she's become more accepting in opening up her abilities. I think out of the family, I'm the most open to it all, which can be hard at times. It's difficult to want to share my experiences when I receive that look of "are you crazy?" My spiritual experiences have become a daily part of my life but it doesn't seem like anyone else in my family has allowed that, which is why I enjoy being a member on this forum.
Old 29-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Knower

Yes, I do believe it is commonly inherited through families. In my own family, it runs for generations, both male and female. However, the females in my family are much more psychic--where as the men in the family will have only a few abilities.

Its much more common as well, then people think, for people to have these abilities that run in their family. Many use to hide it, because it wasn't accepted by communities. Thankfully, in today's world, its not quite the 'taboo' thing anymore--save in just certain circles, mostly with the Church. However, maybe in time the Church will also come to accept it and not see it "the devils work" and for what it truly is--a gift to have and develop.
Old 20-02-2015, 11:28 AM
electrum198

Came across this post my abilitie seems to run through my family but because of somthing that happend to my nan my mum doesnt want me really to develope it i am empathic clarisentient and claravoyent i have only just started yo try and unlock them even though my mum doesnt aproove my younger sister is the same
Old 20-02-2015, 12:22 PM
Deactivated Account

My mum always used to lived in haunted houses when she was younger, don't know if that counts! It's interesting hearing the stories from her and my nan about seeing people in the reflection of the mirror that weren't there, having their bed sheets being thrown off at night, hearing footsteps, ect. Sounds like something from a movie. I think my nan might be psychic too though no one seems to realise. My mum being Christian now has pretty much rejected all that stuff and is very 'clean cut'.