Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Closed Thread

Old 26-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Bob23

Let's make use of a definition here. And the word to be defined is the word 'definition'. If a thing is defined by words which make up a process of description then, the definition or description has been dualistically and abstractedly 'split' from it's own simple and obvious reality. Ad to this abstraction by attempting to put an abstractor or definer in the mix and another 'split' has occured. So the equation could be 'Abstractx2'. Now, picking up a banana, feeling its weight, shape, smelling it and actually tasting it is ever so slightly immediate, as opposed a person describing that to another person using 'Abstactx2' formulated words. Now, my taste of 'banana' cannot be had by you, but we can both agree that it's a lot easier to maybe understand from the direct experience of taste, than it is a worded debate about a description of doing that. And the wonderful thing is, whether experienced or described; this space or emptiness allowed both the actual and abstracted to happen. So you can see that discussions of 'true' or 'top banana', or the best way to approach the actual eating of that, are as slippery as the skin you cast over your shoulder. Another thing could be to simply recognise that the thought "I am actually and really eating this banana" has no taste! As sensational as life is, and ofcourse it is, using the word 'emptiness' or 'fullness' to describe anything in life is simply a definition unless there is a characterised attachment to what it might mean or not mean. So if the character doesn't like a word because of what that word implies for them, then who is it exactly that is stuck to an abstraced word other than an abstracted character themselves?

Let me be the first to say that that is a load of old bollocks and not necessarily something to be believed by the reader...simply, and actually...test it for yourself!

WARNING...be careful where you throw the skin though, as it is the tendancy of characters to easily and comically slip on that which is so quickly and readily discarded!

BAN AN AH.

Bob23.
Old 26-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob23

Let me be the first to say that that is a load of old bollocks and not necessarily something to be believed by the reader...simply, and actually...test it for yourself!

Bob23.
Bob let me be the second!!! Actually as far as second person interpretation of a concept relayed through the means of words can be, I agree, bollocks it is most definitely not , not in my experience anyhowdidoody
Old 27-05-2006, 02:07 AM
Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob23
So if the character doesn't like a word because of what that word implies for them, then who is it exactly that is stuck to an abstraced word other than an abstracted character themselves?

Bob how
Old 27-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Bob23

Apparently Picasso had nothing to do with it!

He was quoted as saying it was all down to the brush!

Although I'm sure the paint would have something to say about that!

He was once complimented on his artistry by an admirer who also pointed out that the paintings had nothing to do with real life as he saw it and couldn't understand how they represented reality.

Picasso immediately asked, "Do you have a sweetheart or girlfriend?" to which he answered yes. He was then asked did he have a photograph of her, which he did and showed Picasso.

Picasso studied the photograph for a while with some puzzlement and asked, "Is she really that small?"

Representedly yours,

Bob23.
Closed Thread