Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
Edgar Cayce was a christian and I think that would color or filter his writings. I bounce between believing that satan is a real entity to believing that perhaps there is no satan at all, but rather negative entities that gain power through our emotions.

Iolite,

From what I have read, your statement is very accurate.

That there is no satan, but that there are countless number of bad spirits, spirits that occupy the hell spheres or lower spheres, who feed off of negative energy.

Very insightful conclusion.
Old 25-12-2010, 06:56 PM
traveler

who knows?

satan is to me just a term used to keep people in fear from living life the way they want. it's not some guy hanging out in a fire pit ready to torture you for eternity. i mean think about eternity....that's forever.... seems like after 50 to 60 trillion years or so it would get pretty boring.
Old 25-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Sira

The human mind is able to project any fear onto anything, and it will respond to help us out of that fear, because that's how love works. From personal experience I know that there are entities devoted to help us through our fears, because they love us so much. I am not worried about those entities, what makes me more cautious are the humans who have not or are not willing to deal with their fears but spread them all around having no control over themselves, nor a sense of personal responsibility.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:28 PM
james108

The devil is God's best friend, because when he gives you trouble who do you run to?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by james108
The devil is God's best friend, because when he gives you trouble who do you run to?
Ha!
and

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-01-2011, 09:46 PM
mahakali

there's no evil just ignorance.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:29 PM
GoldenBoy72

Orthodox Christianity: Satan is a fallen spirit who led other fallen spirits against God and was cast out into outer darkness. Okay this is more metaphorical/allegorical to explain to simple minds.

It's acually cast out of Heaven down to earth, do a little more research there champ.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Mind's Eye

I was raised to believe in a real being named Satan. Then as I got older and struck out on my own spiritual path, I came to believe more that Satan is just a metaphysical representation of the dark, negative, evil thoughts within man himself.

If God is love, and all goodeness and perfect.. how could we think that he made the gigantic mistake in creating a being he knew would rebel against him and fill the world with sin and evil? Logically, that just doesn't seem to make sense.

However if Satan is real, then the Bible says he is a liar and that we are to resist him. A Liar is a liar, they all live in a world of delusion and falsehood. They also try to suck others into that pitiful whirlpool of untruth with them... So if Satan is real, then he is a con artist and tale teller... Therefore, we should treat him like anyone who is dishonest and just ignore him and his nonsense.

I for one don't think it makes a difference whether he is real or not... I don't pay much mind to people who like to lie and play deceitful games... I just choose to concentrate on God and let him fill the scope of my attention and vision.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:07 AM
Pathfinder

"The greatest trick the devil ever played was to convince mankind that it did not exist."

Last edited by Saint Seraphim : 04-01-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:27 AM
mahakali

Quote:
Satan is just a metaphysical representation of the dark, negative, evil thoughts within man himself.
how is this not ignorance?