Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Old 25-12-2015, 07:06 PM
Administrator
Strong Reminder to Members - Chat Room

Hello Members

This s a strong reminder that there has been too much "swearing" of late in the Chat Room when the ****** appear that is a filtered word. The same rules apply in the Chat Room as they do on site. Your membership can be removed from Spiritual Forums for language in the Chat Room.

Reminder too that we have rules on "Personal Affairs" discussions on site and this rule too applies to the Chat Room. Remember that while we have issues in our personal life, and frustrations in our personal lives whom we talk about might just read what we put. We might not care if its read but please remember things can come back on you. What you say might well be used against you in a separation for them to gain favor on their part. More and more Lawyers are looking for "Cyber Sex" links to prove infidelity in relationships so that support might not have to be paid.

Spiritual Forums is a Family Friendly Site and we want to remind our members of this, I too know well the power of words we let fly, and I feel that we are all human I too fell into this place. I too now see how it looks if a child was to read what Mom or Dad put.

I know its hard out there, that life at times can be very cruel, but we have to remember the over all here on Spiritual Forums is.....

"We want to provide a free, fun, and open community for Spiritual discussions. However we also must protect our members and staff. The following rules have been adopted to keep everyone's experience the most positive it can be. We appreciate your understanding and co-operation in keeping Spiritual Forums a highly regarded forum for Spiritual and related discussions! "

Old 11-03-2016, 05:14 PM
Newbie ;)

Nice post. I totally agree.
So many things and people are so beyond my control. To consider them at all, often leads to distraction. I forget the present moment and those I am contracted to love in it.
Old 24-01-2019, 05:24 AM
Master
The chat room used to be so lively now it's like a "ghost town". What happened?
Old 24-01-2019, 07:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
The chat room used to be so lively now it's like a "ghost town". What happened?
Most of the older members of this site have (un)fortunately moved on, giving rise to a whole wave of new members. It seems that there has been a turn around in the SF member base, with only a select few of us 'oldies" still hanging on to welcome in the new. It also seems that many newbies to this site only stay for a week or two before moving on themselves and as much as I hate to say it, this forum has seen "better days" and this is in no way a criticism, just a rather candid and frank observation.

In the past six months, I have signed into chat...waited there for about an hour, nobody else showed up and so I left. After three times doing this, I thought "why bother?" and so, I did not do it anymore..and I am also guessing that I am not the only one...So, in this way, chatroom dies.
Old 24-01-2019, 09:52 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Most of the older members of this site have (un)fortunately moved on, giving rise to a whole wave of new members. It seems that there has been a turn around in the SF member base, with only a select few of us 'oldies" still hanging on to welcome in the new. It also seems that many newbies to this site only stay for a week or two before moving on themselves and as much as I hate to say it, this forum has seen "better days" and this is in no way a criticism, just a rather candid and frank observation.

I noticed that half of the people have been "suspended" and when I search users who I like, many of them have simply not signed in - over the last few years in particular
Old 25-01-2019, 12:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I noticed that half of the people have been "suspended" and when I search users who I like, many of them have simply not signed in - over the last few years in particular
Same here my friend...same here.

I am sure Staff here must have their reasons for suspending so many wonderful contributors...That is something only they know about, but I can't understand why. I too have read almost every post in every forum since inception during my three years on this site, and I am totally at a loss to understand this...but I also realise that this is an Administrative issue and I simply wasn't meant to.

Even during the time that I have been here, almost all the members I knew and loved are gone...some suspended, some ask for account deactivation, some just walked away, never to return...I could say there are about a dozen active members that are still here from before I joined...

I have also been noticing a lot...A LOT of new members joining this site, making only one or two posts and that's it! Goodnight Charlie.

I would have loved to have found this forum a few years before I did...So many wonderful discussions to be had back then...until most people got suspended and I would have probably been one of them.

I just don't know, my dear...I just don't.
Old 26-01-2019, 06:37 AM
janielee

I hear you, I do.
Old 26-01-2019, 10:59 AM
Administrator
We don't suspend or ban people lightly it takes a lot of talking about within the staff of the forums. Spiritual Forums is still active unlike a lot of others that have closed down.
people leave for various reasons we don't always know why but it is their choice.

Namaste
Old 26-01-2019, 11:12 AM
Master

I've just started re-watching the Good Place TV series and I was reminded how much funnier it is to use euphemisms that sound like swearwords but are completely innocent. It really tickles my funny bones for some reason. Shirt and fork are actually so much funnier when used in the right context :)

Actors actually have to do this when they re-release their own movies to be shown on planes and more conservative countries, such as Malaysia or Singapore. They have to swap all the swearwords to innocent-sounding ones and re-dub those scenes in this way.
Old 26-01-2019, 11:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
I've just started re-watching the Good Place TV series

You totally have to visit my thead: The Good Place: Moral Reward

Quote:
and I was reminded how much funnier it is to use euphemisms that sound like swearwords but are completely innocent. It really tickles my funny bones for some reason. Shirt and fork are actually so much funnier when used in the right context :)

Actors actually have to do this when they re-release their own movies to be shown on planes and more conservative countries, such as Malaysia or Singapore. They have to swap all the swearwords to innocent-sounding ones and re-dub those scenes in this way.