Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 14-01-2017, 04:15 PM
Master
Is "Christ" a Hebrew word?

I seem to remember that the word "Christ" was of Hebrew origin and that it implied Messiah or something like that. Which ought to make all the New Age claims about Christ Consciousness think again....

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 14-01-2017, 04:17 PM
Master
From google:
Quote:
Old English Crīst, from Latin Christus, from Greek Khristos, noun use of an adjective meaning ‘anointed’, from khriein ‘anoint’, translating Hebrew māšīaḥ ‘Messiah’.

Old 16-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Which ought to make all the New Age claims about Christ Consciousness think again....
I have said for years that we should refer to it as Universal Consciousness, given Christ is a religion-specific term. Plus most who believe in Universal Consciousness, aren't even Christian obviously. It's not called Krishna of Buddha Consciousness for example, and that's because it's not something associated with religion. And it shouldn't be associated with Christianity either.

Equally important to distinguish between Pisces Age conceptualizing, and Aquarian Age understanding. I'd say my idea accomplishes that.
Old 17-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Master
Universal Consciousness is better. It occurred to me today that if Christ was 'only' an enlightened man then Christians would have probably cottoned onto it by now. Yet the Christian experience continues and many people feel Christ's spirit and love. Which is not something that happens when one has a relationship with a self-realised man/woman.

Old 17-01-2017, 05:54 PM
Master
Quote:
It occurred to me today that if Christ was 'only' an enlightened man then Christians would have probably cottoned onto it by now.
Well the odd thing is half the people I know who use the term Christ Consciousness, believe it has something to do with Jesus/Christ. The other 50% have no such beliefs, yet they are perfectly happy to keep calling it Christ Consciousness. I don't get it. To me, it's simple and obvious. I honestly feel these people are asleep. They know not what they do. I smoked for 20 years, then one morning I looked at the cigarette in my hand and suddenly thought, "Yecch! That's not me!" I butted it out and never smoked again, and that was 20 years ago. I'm sure one day they'll all wake up to what I'm saying, in a sudden flash like that. That's how epiphanies work.
Old 17-01-2017, 06:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Which is not something that happens when one has a relationship with a self-realised man/woman.
I'm not clear why you are connecting self-realized man/woman, with a conversation pertaining to Christ or Universal Consciousness. My understanding of Universal Consciousness is that it is the Word of God. The voice and messenger God uses to communicate with us. Self-realized man/woman is a human-specific enlightenment process. People don't reach self-realization, and then become part of the Universal Consciousness. I'm not understanding you here.

Again this is why I ask others why they keep linking Christ to this. Or do people think Christ is the Word of God? Maybe that's it. My understanding again is much more along Hermetic lines of thought, essentially: God dreams; we are the creations of God's dream; the dreams we dream are our communications and interactions with God's intermediary. This intermediary is the Universal Consciousness; it is God's thoughts essentially. But it is not God.
Old 17-01-2017, 06:49 PM
Master
Well as a Spiritual person who does not identify with any religion, do NOT feel that Jesus was just some self-realized man.

I can understand the Buddha, or Lao Tzu, Nicheren Buddha, Mahavira, or whoever else were Self-realized enlightened teachers who we can emulate and follow their paths of spiritual evolution, I don't feel the same way for Jesus.

Jesus didn't claim in all the gospels written about him to be someone who was a person who achieved enlightenment. He made it very clear that he came from on High and became one of us to share in our experiences and suffering to show the Way that all souls are going along the journey of spiritual growth.

There is a part of God's cosmic Reality which in the Hebrew Bible is called "Lady Wisdom" and in the New Testament there's a thing called "the Word", and in the Greek philosophy that is called "the Logos", and in Colossians is referred to as a cosmic Messiah, or Christ. That is an aspect of the Godhead which is Godself manifested and revealed as the form of love. On a cosmic scale it is the whole universe, on a microcosmic scale it is usually a "divine entity". In Enoch this type of entity is called "the Son of Man" or in other books "the Son of God". There are sons of God mentioned in Job, the Elohim in Genesis, and the divine council of gods with God in Psalms. Jesus was one of these Higher Entities or "Christ" stationed and assigned with being the Shepherd of our system and school-realm. There are many of them but Jesus is the one who is in charge of our evolution and the One who reveals the "Father". He took on life as a Soul and as a Man and lived like all suffering man and died and resurrected. Part of his mission isn't over.

He has another incarnation or what Christians call "a second Coming" where when the Earth has evolved to a more positive level there can be the establishment of the Era of Peace, New Jerusalem, the Global Israel.

There are more things in Heaven than in earth that Man can grasp.

The Christ consciousness is simply something Jesus taught just as Buddha and other teachers did. It's the Holy Spirit. But that isn't what made Jesus revolutionary because Truth is one, it was his being and life on earth that to me was unique.
Old 17-01-2017, 07:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
there's a thing called "the Word", and in the Greek philosophy that is called "the Logos", and in Colossians is referred to as a cosmic Messiah, or Christ.
Okay so I guess that's why many call it Christ Consciousness. Good to know thanks. I stay away from all that, I just call everything Creation, and the mind of Creation, and the thoughts and dreams of Creation. Jesus united with the Creation. And like the rest of us human soul-spirit beings who will follow in his footsteps, he is an aspect of the Creation, but not the Creation. Etc. See? All that and without making any of it religion-specific lol.
Old 17-01-2017, 07:06 PM
Deactivated Account

Isn't it Greek?
Old 17-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Master
It's Greek to me. That's why I just stick with "Creation." Easy to decipher then.