Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-06-2011, 06:11 AM
Master
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
The idea that the eye of the needle describes actual narrow doorways or a particular narrow doorway may have originated in the Middle Ages and gained traction in the 19th century. It sounds nice, but no such doorway or doorways have been identified as having been known as the eye of the needle.

The metaphor itself is kind of all purpose, used to describe impossible ideas or events.

There is a midrash on the Song of Solomon, part of a collection that has become known by the collective title of Midrash Rabbah which does state that if one gives G-d an opening the size of a needle, G-d will create a doorway through which a tent can pass.

B'shalom,

Peter

Thanks, RabiO, that helped me a lot.

Old 27-06-2011, 07:46 AM
mattie

Matthew 19:24, Mark 10:25, Luke 18:25

Discussion- http://bible.cc/matthew/19-24.htm
Old 27-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker108
Hello everyone

thanks for great views. But my question was if a rich person is humble and believer of God. Can he go to heaven?
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe.All that the Father gives me will come to me, and bwhoever comes to me I will never cast out.
John 6:35-37 ESV

Anyone, rich or poor, who acknowledges his sin and his inability to save himself can come to Christ and be saved. But doing so involves giving up whatever else a person is relying on. Those who are poor and weak by the world's standards are often more likely to do this because it is easier for them to see their need and realize that they can do nothing to help themselves.
For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.
1 Corinthians 1:26-29 ESV

But while it says not many wise and powerful are called, it doesn't say not any.