Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Master
What the NT is constantly chatting about is having faith in Jesus..
So I don't think you are supposed to put faith in tarot cards if you are going to ''live by the bible'' so to speak.
Old 24-06-2011, 07:44 PM
tragblack

How can anyone ever "live by the Bible" when the Bible itself contains contradictions? That means that someone "living by the Bible" would have to choose which side of the contradictions he or she believes, never fully following the whole text.
Old 24-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Zenith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
What the NT is constantly chatting about is having faith in Jesus..
So I don't think you are supposed to put faith in tarot cards if you are going to ''live by the bible'' so to speak.

The people of Israel didn't put their faith in the Urim and Thummim, but in the God who guided them. The Apostles didn't put their faith in their lot casting, but gave homage to the Lord who would direct it and who knew the hearts of all, including those who cast the lot.
Old 24-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Zenith

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragblack
How can anyone ever "live by the Bible" when the Bible itself contains contradictions? That means that someone "living by the Bible" would have to choose which side of the contradictions he or she believes, never fully following the whole text.

The Bible does contain contradictions. However, there are (nevertheless) common themes which run through the religious texts in the Bible. The main one is perhaps faith. Placing faith in God is of central importance to any work the religionist does. As Paul wrote, "Do everything for the glory of God."

God bless.
Old 24-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragblack
Good point, but if I read the NT I'm not at all getting the impression that things like tarot cards, or astrology, dowsing, and other practices are 'allowed'.. In fact, reading the NT gives me more a sort of feeling like.. ''Put faith in the Lord, not in those cards and divination practices.'' Putting faith in tarot cards is putting faith in something else, in cards.

I guess one can interpret the NT in many different ways.. which is what people do. Maybe those cards are a way to 'God'? Maybe those cards are about 'me' and I am 'God'.. etc.
Old 24-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Master
I keep a Christian bible on the same book shelf with a set of tarot cards. What harm is there in that? They are both learning tools. One has to use a degree of interpretation with both. It's all in the way you look at it.

Blackraven
Old 25-06-2011, 12:33 AM
Neth Rana

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
It's all in the way you look at it.

Blackraven

Agreed. It's all about perspective.
Old 25-06-2011, 01:41 AM
ivy71983

I am also christian but believe in divination. I feel its what you are drawn to to bring you closer to God. As long as you are doing in God's light then theres no problem. God gave us many gifts which we dont use the majority of but those of us who do (psychics, mediums, empaths, etc.) get criticized because it doesn't follow the standard we as humans set. If you believeits "evil" than for you it will be just as if you believe it brings you closer to God than it does.
Old 25-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith
If you want to tell them about your reading, perhaps you could tell them that the Spirit spoke to you and said X, Y, Z. You do not have to reveal the channel by which the Spirit spoke, especially if it might cause them discomfort.
If you use tarot cards, how do you the spirit that speaks through them is the Holy Spirit? First John 4:1 says, "Do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world." The only way you can tell whether a spirit is from God is to see whether its message agrees with what the Bible teaches. But if you have to use the Bible to validate the message, wouldn't it be quicker and simpler just to use the Bible instead of tarot cards in the first place?

God wants everyone to come to a knowledge of salvation and there are indications in the Bible that he sometimes uses methods that are normally forbidden to communicate with those who don't have his word. The wise men who came to see the newly born king of the Jews obviously relied on astrology because they came because of a star they had seen but this alone wasn't enough to bring them to their goal. They didn't find Jesus until they came in contact with people who has the scriptures and were able to tell them where he was born.

If you have the Bible you have a better source of knowledge that any that comes from tarot cards or any other source of information so why should you settle for something that is inferior? Also, you should keep in mind that in judging us God takes into consideration the amount of knowledge we have. A person who engages is some form of divination because he doesn't know God has forbidden might escape punishment because he is acting in ignorance but that won't be the case for someone who does what he knows from the Bible is forbidden.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=17973
Old 25-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Master
Theophilus "If that is true, then you can't learn anything from the tarot cards and if you believe something that is false the cards will merely reinforce your errors and make them stonger."

You learn to develop and trust your own intuition. If I was a christian, I would say that god gave us a complex brain to be used, not to slavishly follow a dubious text.

And, Zenith, there are many tarot which are not based on christian imagery. I use a celtic pagan deck.