Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 15-07-2020, 06:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim here
I don't understand why people just want to point out the differences as right or wrong, while they should be celebrated. (I'm not telling you are doing that)

Differences make us change.

Differences make us grow.

Difference is the bridge from opposition to unity.

Some people believe Hotei is Maitreya.

One time I bought a beautiful Jade Hotei statue that fitted nicely in my pocket. The piece was nice and I got it at a very cheap price.

And then....... I expected one person in the USA to send me some of my own money to me because I was short on cash. The person did not come thru. I ended up with not enough money to buy some food let alone the taxi fare so as to go to the airport so as to fly 'home' and get things resolved.

That night I was walking down the street when I bumped into a person I knew in the States. We began talking and for some reason, I showed him my Hotei statue and when he saw it, he wanted the statue. The problem was, this man never wanted to pay much for anything. I suspected he wanted to buy the statue at 'my' price or even less. Miraculously, he bought it for a considerable amount of money.

From the sale, I was able to get some food, settle my affairs at my apartment, pay for a taxi to the airport, fly back 'home', and pay for another taxi to go where I would sleep that night.

Ever since then, I really have taken a liken to Maitreya.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-07-2020, 07:14 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Some people believe Hotei is Maitreya.

One time I bought a beautiful Jade Hotei statue that fitted nicely in my pocket. The piece was nice and I got it at a very cheap price.

And then....... I expected one person in the USA to send me some of my own money to me because I was short on cash. The person did not come thru. I ended up with not enough money to buy some food let alone the taxi fare so as to go to the airport so as to fly 'home' and get things resolved.

That night I was walking down the street when I bumped into a person I knew in the States. We began talking and for some reason, I showed him my Hotei statue and when he saw it, he wanted the statue. The problem was, this man never wanted to pay much for anything. I suspected he wanted to buy the statue at 'my' price or even less. Miraculously, he bought it for a considerable amount of money.

From the sale, I was able to get some food, settle my affairs at my apartment, pay for a taxi to the airport, fly back 'home', and pay for another taxi to go where I would sleep that night.

Ever since then, I really have taken a liken to Maitreya.

I understand why you have taken a liken to Maitreya. Thank you for sharing !
Old 15-07-2020, 07:20 PM
Master
Quote:
I understand why you have taken a liken to Maitreya. Thank you for sharing !

I also like having his statue around....... brings in positive energy.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-07-2020, 07:23 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
I also like having his statue around....... brings in positive energy.

Can you describe or show the statue you keep around ?
Old 15-07-2020, 08:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Can you describe or show the statue you keep around ?
I will try finding a picture........

Old 15-07-2020, 08:01 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
I will try finding a picture........

Thank you in advance.
Old 15-07-2020, 08:11 PM
Master
I have 2 Maitreya's that look like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000113476883.html

This statue is from Ayutthaya, that once was a capital of Siam.

Old 15-07-2020, 08:16 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
I have 2 Maitreya's that look like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000113476883.html

This statue is from Ayutthaya, that once was a capital of Siam.

I really really like it, it is calming to look at. It almost seems to say "keep cool, everything's always okay in the end". Maybe in a more.. spiritual fashion.
Old 16-07-2020, 04:40 AM
Master
Quote:
I really really like it, it is calming to look at. It almost seems to say "keep cool, everything's always okay in the end". Maybe in a more.. spiritual fashion.

This is what a typical Japanese Maitreya statue looks like https://www.art-of-war.jp/product/479

I have some antique Japanese Maitreya and they look much different. This is what some of my Maitreya statues look like https://centuriespast.tumblr.com/pos...eya-japan-late

Old 16-07-2020, 07:36 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
This is what a typical Japanese Maitreya statue looks like https://www.art-of-war.jp/product/479

I have some antique Japanese Maitreya and they look much different. This is what some of my Maitreya statues look like https://centuriespast.tumblr.com/pos...eya-japan-late

They're nice too, more peaceful.