Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 20-04-2021, 01:36 AM
asearcher asearcher is offline
Knower
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 220
 
The way I see it is that it is like cursing a parent, then you say you're sorry and you didn't really mean it, and the parent forgive and you never do it again, no relationship is just rainbow and sunshine. I don't think God wants you to be afraid, and you've been that from 1994? I say let it go. God knows you didn't mean it.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 20-04-2021, 08:49 AM
davidmartin davidmartin is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,005
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
It wasn't done out of anger or hate.. It was done out of quick foolishness when reading an occult book that dealt with demons. I burnt the book the next day. I repented the split second I had done it.. It has been on my mind since 1994 and has scared me since then. However in recent months I am now getting better.
There's every reason not to worry
"Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men"
"Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven"

I think i see the reason why Jesus said this, because look who he was angry with. It wasn't with the occasional blasphemer but the hardened one who... wore the religious clothing. Jesus is saying 'don't worry about it' !
__________________
let Your gentleness, O Lord, abide with me, and the fruits of Your love
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 20-04-2021, 02:44 PM
zastrakoza zastrakoza is offline
Knower
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: The Mountain
Posts: 121
  zastrakoza's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
There are many definitions of God. The one I like comes from Genesis 1:1 which reads: "In the beginning, God created the Heaven(s) and the Earth."

This expression, rendered as God, is one of the most mysterious words I have found in the Bible. Why do I say that? The expression can be translated as God, god, gods, judge, divine being and apparently...... us.
Thank you for the insight, BigJohn. As we are growing into knowingness, it seems evident that all judgment comes from us, and therefore all forgiveness as well. Additionally, forgiveness is not required where there is no judgment, meaning when we are walking in love, there is no judgment, AND no forgiveness.

Therefore, all are already forgiven in love, which is the new covenant. The old covenant was based in the law and its judgment, and we are no longer held to that agreement.

Be blessed and receive love, release yourself in love from any judgment and also release any others being held in judgment. We are free. We are free. We are FREE!

Z
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 21-04-2021, 10:33 AM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 11,578
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza
Thank you for the insight, BigJohn. As we are growing into knowingness, it seems evident that all judgment comes from us, and therefore all forgiveness as well.
Corinthians 5:12-13.

For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

There seems to be many conflicting Teachings regarding ' Judging ' others.
Sometimes people's actions need to be judged otherwise the World we live in would be a lot worse than it is today imo....
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 21-04-2021, 01:10 PM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 11,519
  BigJohn's Avatar
Don't you mean, 1 Corinthians 5:12-13?

The scripture you pointed out is very important in Christian thinking and how to act when some are doing 'bad things'.


I know some see nothing wrong in what was being discussed, but the discussion was about a man who was sleeping with his Step-Mother and the Church members continued to associate with him as if nothing was wrong.
__________________


 
       ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜


Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 22-04-2021, 02:38 PM
zastrakoza zastrakoza is offline
Knower
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: The Mountain
Posts: 121
  zastrakoza's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Corinthians 5:12-13.

There seems to be many conflicting Teachings regarding ' Judging ' others.
Sometimes people's actions need to be judged otherwise the World we live in would be a lot worse than it is today imo....

The verse you quoted seems to be saying that those who judge ought to judge themselves, as in the congregation that agrees together keep their judgments on their agreements to themselves.

I am not a member of a church, so I am not in agreement to church rules. Instead I see the divinity in all things and intend to learn from each one. Those things that I unconsciously judge in others, I find most predominantly and irritatingly in myself. And that is a creation that needs to be dismantled for my continued learning.

I agree there is many conflicting statements in the Bible. It could hardly be otherwise with so many contributors. Still a beautiful work I am grateful for.

Z
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 22-04-2021, 02:59 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 11,578
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza
I am not a member of a church, so I am not in agreement to church rules.
Me neither
Judging others is very much part of some Churches when they ' Preach ' not to judge....
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 27-04-2021, 04:18 AM
ImthatIm ImthatIm is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3,116
  ImthatIm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Me neither
Judging others is very much part of some Churches when they ' Preach ' not to judge....


That sounds like a catch 22.
__________________
Just because I believe it today, doesn't mean I will believe it tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 27-04-2021, 06:58 AM
PureEvil760 PureEvil760 is offline
Knower
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 184
 
Forgiveness doesn't exist to God, only to us. In God's eyes you are always forgiven no matter what.. Imperfection does not exist because He did not create it, we did and therefore neither does forgiveness. It's a tool that we can use to get closer to Him, to get closer to seeing things the way He does.

If God needed to forgive things that would imply that there is imperfection in Heaven.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 27-04-2021, 07:38 AM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 11,578
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
That sounds like a catch 22.


But there is a time and place to ' Judge ' the ' Actions ' of others and it depends on ' Intent '
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums