Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 31-08-2020, 11:11 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Seeing is believing. Your skepticism unfortunately is indeed supported by the large numbers of problematic "gurus" out there. They seem to far outnumber the truly self-realized beings who are rarely in the public spotlight as they are relatively quiet with only a small number of real disciples.

I have been fortunate to have had the wherewithal to travel throughout the remote regions of the world where I have met some truly outstanding beings. Having said that, however, my two primary teachers were ones whom I actually met in my home city (NYC). I too have experienced many disappointments in some of those who presented as "gurus".

In any case, I am convinced that this manifestation is truly a "play of consciousness" in which anything is literally possible and I was not easily convinced.

There is a saying that I love to repeat: "When the student is ready, the teacher appears. When the student is really ready, the teacher disappears."

Ditto.

The intellectual puts down his/her sword ..
Old 01-09-2020, 10:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Your skepticism unfortunately is indeed supported by the large numbers of problematic "gurus" out there. They seem to far outnumber the truly self-realized beings who are rarely in the public spotlight as they are relatively quiet with only a small number of real disciples.

IMO the ''truly self-realized beings'' are only such due to the grace of their followers. It is the students and the disciples that make it possible. As you say ''when the student is ready the master appears''. Of course. We get mesmerized by words, teachings, stature, eye gazing, no blinking, etc. A ''master'' is a profession in and of itself. I think humans can have spiritual experience, but I do not believe they can be ''all-knowing'' or ''self-realized''. This means perfection, and IMO humans are not God.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I didn't disappoint you, you caused it yourself for having expectations of me

I do know everything, everything I need to know for now and when the time is right the rest will be revealed

Now down to business....
When you had your NDE did you hear what was going on around you ?

Thanks for the advice. I no longer have any "expectations" of you.

Old 01-09-2020, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
IMO the ''truly self-realized beings'' are only such due to the grace of their followers. It is the students and the disciples that make it possible. As you say ''when the student is ready the master appears''. Of course. We get mesmerized by words, teachings, stature, eye gazing, no blinking, etc. A ''master'' is a profession in and of itself. I think humans can have spiritual experience, but I do not believe they can be ''all-knowing'' or ''self-realized''. This means perfection, and IMO humans are not God.

I once pondered whether my own teacher was "self-realized" or not and how to assess whether a teacher is self-realized or not.

I came to the conclusion that one could not really determine if a teacher was self-realized or not UNTIL one became self-realized themselves ... at which point it doesn't really matter.

I no longer even attempt to assess those who claim to be self-realized or not. I simply take what resonates and leave the rest while continuing to meditate and probe the depths.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:47 PM
Master
Quote:
I once pondered whether my own teacher was "self-realized" or not and how to assess whether a teacher is self-realized or not.

I came to the conclusion that one could not really determine if a teacher was self-realized or not UNTIL one became self-realized themselves ... at which point it doesn't really matter.

I no longer even attempt to assess those who claim to be self-realized or not. I simply take what resonates and leave the rest while continuing to meditate and probe the depths.

My one and only Teacher is definitely ' Self Realized ' and I love Him....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=L_jXmKszEdk
Old 01-09-2020, 02:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I no longer have any "expectations" of you.

I'm telling you for your own good. You'll never ever be disappointed if you follow my advice
Old 01-09-2020, 03:02 PM
Molearner

Quote:

Exactly......don’t shoot the messenger....I just cannot understand this demand or expectation for perfection. Do any of us believe we are perfect in our understanding of others ?
Old 01-09-2020, 04:29 PM
Master
Quote:

Real good points.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 01-09-2020, 06:14 PM
Master
Quote:

I suppose much of this depends on how one defines ''self-realization''. To my understanding it is supposed to be an 'end stage' where all 'negative' characteristics have disappeared and will not return. It is also said to be a state of omniscience and omnipotence. You can already guess that I do not believe in any of this because I do not believe the human being is or will become God ((spiritually)) nor do I believe it makes any sense ((rationally)) and it would be rather easy to put such claims to the test, and over time I have learned that many supposed enlightened masters had demonstratably false beliefs about the universe, nature, the human body, made false predictions, and so forth.

If however you take a more watered down approach of it being an experience where everything clicks and feels amazing, a eureka moment filled with joy and bliss, than sure. This is also not alien to scientific research. Neuroscientists study such states of being.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Exactly......don’t shoot the messenger....I just cannot understand this demand or expectation for perfection. Do any of us believe we are perfect in our understanding of others ?

No, we don't have perfect understanding nor do all those bearded men who sit cross legged and give you a mantra. Humans are fallible.