Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 01-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Knower

Yoga questions

Hi, is it better to do Yoga before or after you eat? I know this is a very trivial question but I often wonder, I had others but I have forgotten now-they'll come with me.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Master

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...oing-yoga.html
Old 11-05-2015, 05:58 AM
Newbie ;)

I do Yoga in the early morning.

Last edited by Adrienne : 02-06-2015 at 05:42 AM.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:23 AM
Newbie ;)

I have found that for me is better to do on an empty stomach.
Old 15-09-2015, 11:23 AM
Newbie ;)

Yoga exercises helps in increased our strength, Yoga also helps clear the mind and destress using meditation. The benefits of yoga are numerous
Old 04-10-2015, 05:16 AM
Donna

Generally, it is considered best not to do yoga after eating. The rule alters for pregnant women, who are encouraged to eat a small snack in order to maintain energy.

I practice daily and, therefore, not always on an empty stomach. I do know it's a bad idea to do yoga after a meal with rajasic foods such as red meat, garlic or chillies, especially if you plan on incorporating inversions. I have no problem with consuming fruit and nuts before yoga and I think this is preferable to practicing when your blood sugar is low. Ideally, your belly shouldn't be full and there should be room for your diaphragm and lungs to move during pranayama.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Knower
I practice yoga on an empty stomach. I do drink water before and during the class.
Joe