Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 21-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Master
As a species, we relate everything back to our own self-interests. Earth will continue to develop and change for a few more billion years to add to the billions of years already gone. As a species, we are like the Mayflies, here today gone tomorrow. If Earth has a consciousness, maybe She has better plans in the making to worry about one short-lived species like us.
Old 21-12-2010, 08:07 PM
mac

What we should always remember, when discounting our short time here as humankind, is that this physical earth was devised and developed with us in mind. Perhaps not exclusively for us but we're a very important species here whose form was created for very specific reasons. And this world was created to be of great significance to our spiritual progress.

Of course if you aren't seeing it this way, all the above is irrelevant for you this time around.
Old 21-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Master
OR our spiritual progress is a human deceit.

I would be interested to hear the "specific reasons" we were created for.
Old 22-12-2010, 07:08 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
OR our spiritual progress is a human deceit.

I would be interested to hear the "specific reasons" we were created for.

You misquoted me - this is what I said: "...whose form was created for very specific reasons"

ref. 'Soul Trek' by Julie Gale for a full explanation.
Old 22-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
We have seen Volcanoes, blizzards, earthquakes, droughts, landslides, heatwaves and typhoons that collectively have claimed the lives of at least 250,000 people, which is more people than have been killed by natural disasters in the last 8 years and more than have been killed in total during the last 40 years from terrorist attacks.

It began in January with the devastating earthquake in Haiti that cost no fewer than 220,000 people their lives. In February, the chilean earthquake killed almost 1000 people.

During the summer just one large weather system created a heatwave in Russia while at the same time flooding 62,000 square miles in Pakistan. Almost 17,000 people died as a result. The Russian heatwave reached a sweltering 111 degrees and created a toxic smog that forced many to wear breathing masks. The cause of this extreme weather event was attributed to man made global warming. Initial information suggests that 18 countries broke their previous records for the hottest day this year.

It certainly was a busy year seismically. In addition to the Haiti and Chile earthquakes, earthquakes also occurred in Indonesia China and Turkey. There have been 20 earthquakes in 2010 with a 7.0 magnitude or more.

In September alone more than 6,300 people died in floods. A Super Typhoon battered the Philippines and parts of China with winds of more than 200 miles per hour. in 2009 15,000 deaths occurred as a result of natural disaster, 2010 has seen that figure leap to 260,000 with 21,000 being weather related.

Blizzards at the beginning of the year severly affected the US,Russia and China and from then on the mercury began to rise and rise. Los Angeles experienced it’s hottest ever recorded day on September 27th when it reached 113 degrees while in May in Pakistan the hottest temperature for an inhabited area measured an incredible 129 degrees.

So back to the opening question. Was 2010 the year in which the Earth struck back?

I don't think so. If that were true then why would the earth focus 88% of its strike on Haitians. I don't think that global warming is man made either. And according to Petition Project over 31 thousand qualified American scientists including over 9 thousand with PhDs would agree. That's 15 times their opposition.
Old 22-12-2010, 10:25 AM
mac

"I don't think so. If that were true then why would the earth focus 88% of its strike on Haitians. I don't think that global warming is man made either. And according to Petition Project over 31 thousand qualified American scientists including over 9 thousand with PhDs would agree. That's 15 times their opposition."

Neville wasn't speaking literally about the earth striking back.

Problem is that it's not a black or white situation with global climate change. No-one can prove or disprove that humankind's activities are screwing up the climate so whadya think we should do? Carry on arguing about it? Pretend that humankind hasn't had any impact at all? Ostrich style...

Another problem is that no matter whether you personally disbelieve what is claimed or how many highly qualified scientists say the same, neither your nor their opinion on the matter will change what's happening in actuality.

If there's any possibility that humankind's activities are a significant global problem causer, then wouldn't you think we'd do better to make a start now on whatever we can do to begin to make changes? Given humankind's track record, given the reluctance we usually show, we'll need a very long time to make any significant ones.

By that time many of the website's present members will be dead and someone else is likely to be picking up the tab. Is that what folks want?
Old 22-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Guide
I didn't say that humanity shouldn't strive to end pollution. But carbon dioxide is just not one of them. Man made global warming is a known hoax. The IPCC has been caught using different data sets for different periods to create the appearance of a correlation between CO2 and rise of temperatures. But if anything it has been shown that a rise in CO2 is a consequence of global warming, not a cause. Global temperatures are most affected by the sun during periods of heightened activity.

What if they are not lying you say, shouldn't we go ahead with things like the Kyoto treaty anyway just in case? The answer is no. What they are proposing would destroy Western society. In fact that's exactly what it is designed to do. It is a form of control.

Where is the UN on alternatives to carbon based energy? All the abundant alternatives have been suppressed and that's just what they want.

And where is the UN on real environmental issues? Like ending the use of fluoridation, deplete uranium, corexit, or genetically modified organisms which have all actually been proven to cause harm. The fact that they are silent on these issues by comparison should show you how much they really care about the planet and humanity.

The bottom line is that man made global warming is a scapegoat promoted by misanthropic trillionaires as a strategy for dominating and suppressing humanity.
Old 22-12-2010, 05:40 PM
mac

You are trying to do to me, to any of us reading your piece, what you claim organisations do - you're attempting to bamboozle us with pseudo-technical arguments and browbeat us into believing that you actually KNOW all this stuff.

You have no more knowledge or understanding about any of this than what you pick up by selective reading. Scientists dedicating their professional lives to studying the data don't know the answer - so how can you?

As I said before, no-one is able to prove or disprove if humankind is responsible for the observed global climate changes. No individual, no organisation - nobody understands the full picture.

I'll leave you to the company of the conspiracy theorists arguing fake moon landing, Roswell alien cover-up, contrails and the like.
Old 22-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Guide
It seems to me that the point of debate here is whether there is a conspiracy or not of an elite oligarchy exploiting humanity. And is that really so hard to believe?
Old 22-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Summerland

inspirit, completely with you on this. Too many harmful toxins in our food, air ,water for it to be coincidence. I just don't feel like debating it. You can choose to believe big pharma, the FDA and all the others who say that the levels are fine. Or you can listen to the whistleblowers, who have nothing to gain. I am reaching the point that if the public wants to believe in all the corporate lines that are dished out, so be it.