Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-04-2020, 03:31 AM
Experiencer

Jonah 2:2.

Is this verse saying hell is not eternal?
Old 28-04-2020, 05:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyfloss28

Hell is a state of mind so the choice is yours as to whether it's eternal or not.
Old 28-04-2020, 01:25 PM
Ascender
Quote:

(Jonah 2:2 and said: “I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and He heard me. Out of the belly of hell cried I, and you heard my voice). understanding Jonah's situation, gives an understanding of what was actually happening. this verse is NOT!... saying "Hell", if you're referring to a fiery place, "is eternal." because there IS NO "fiery place", for ANYONE.

where did the verse say Jonah was in? (Jonah 1:17 Now the Lord had prepared a great fish to swallow Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights). Jonah was in the "Great fish", maybe a whale's Belly. he had been swallowed up because of running from Jehovah God. NOTICE, what happened to Jonah after he had prayed to Jehovah God ,(Jonah 2:17 10 So the Lord spoke to the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land).

it wasn't a fiery place in which MANY are falsely taught to believe. concerning where the wicked death goes. ANYONE can see clear as day...if they chose the truth, where Jonah was. in the Belly of a sea creature! IF, Jehovah had NOT allowed that "Big fish" to vomit Jonah up, he would have died there. Jonah was a man of God, he knew there was NO fiery place for anyone. he knew what "HELL" really was...a place for the dead, a GRAVE! in Jonah's case, if he had died there, that would in a sense be his grave.

so, "HELL", is NOT "Eternal", Jesus showed us this when he said ...(John 5:28,29 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice. and come forth those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation). peace
Old 28-04-2020, 01:40 PM
Master

worship is eternal, if you are in a place of worship you are truly there
if it seems those fears are designed to keep you from that place, then seek it all the more
Old 28-04-2020, 01:46 PM
ketzer

Hell is a metaphor, me thinks.
It is and is not a fiery place depending on how me thinks.
It is and is not an inescapable belly of a beast depending on how me thinks.
It is and is not my state of mind, depending on how me thinks.

Sometimes when me thinks too much, I can find myself stuck in thought hell.
It is easy and yet difficult to get back out, all I need to do is stop thinking about the bad things I am thinking about, and stop feeling bad about what I am thinking, which it turns out ain't always so easy. A few days of this is about all I can take before I start crying "Why me lord?". No wonder Jonah had to call out for some help to get back out.
Old 29-04-2020, 12:00 AM
Master

hell cannot be eternal if the philosophers have it right!
because for something to be eternal it has to have always existed, no beginning or end. anything created thus has to have an end
this of course means we are eternal, and that's undisputed among most Christians
but returning to hell, something that didn't once exist can't exist forever
it scarcely makes sense to think hell always existed if the beginning was perfection
and philosophy posits non-locality in time and space as a first principle, the same as quantum mechanics does and it's no co-incidence to find science confirming a spiritual principle
hell also makes no logical sense, what does God get out of it? nothing
the greatest relief i ever got was realising that hell is a mistaken idea as to what it is like and i also admire those who struggle with the concept as people close to God
Old 29-04-2020, 01:19 AM
Master
Quote:

Let us see: Jonah 2:2 reads

He said:

“In my distress I called to the Lord,
and he answered me.
From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help,
and you listened to my cry.

Hell is not even mentioned.

As I have told people, if a person stops using the King James Bible and start using one of the better, new translations such as NIV, then "Hell" disappears.

Even the New King James Version has made Hell disappear.

And he said:

“I cried out to the LORD because of my affliction,
And He answered me.
“Out of the belly of Sheol I cried,
And You heard my voice.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 06-05-2020, 02:03 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Let us see: Jonah 2:2 reads

He said:

“In my distress I called to the Lord,
and he answered me.
From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help,
and you listened to my cry.

Hell is not even mentioned.

As I have told people, if a person stops using the King James Bible and start using one of the better, new translations such as NIV, then "Hell" disappears.

Even the New King James Version has made Hell disappear.

And he said:

“I cried out to the LORD because of my affliction,
And He answered me.
“Out of the belly of Sheol I cried,
And You heard my voice.

I totally agree!, the Bible we use, uses the word "Grave:, which is what Sheol mean if many do their research. satan knew what he was doing when he had man began to teach falsely about a "Hell" being, "Hellfire." and a place where "demons live," when the Bible CLEARLY showed that the wicked angels where kicked straight to Earth by Jesus and his Angels.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:19 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
hell cannot be eternal if the philosophers have it right!
because for something to be eternal it has to have always existed, no beginning or end. anything created thus has to have an end
this of course means we are eternal, and that's undisputed among most Christians
but returning to hell, something that didn't once exist can't exist forever
it scarcely makes sense to think hell always existed if the beginning was perfection
and philosophy posits non-locality in time and space as a first principle, the same as quantum mechanics does and it's no co-incidence to find science confirming a spiritual principle
hell also makes no logical sense, what does God get out of it? nothing
the greatest relief i ever got was realising that hell is a mistaken idea as to what it is like and i also admire those who struggle with the concept as people close to God

Jehovah God and Jesus, NEVER created a "Hellfire", for the wicked. when people in the days of old burn their children in fire as a sacrifice to a false God. Jehovah God was very upset, and had them destroyed.

see (Jerm. 19:1-3 ,Thus says the Lord: “Go and get a potter’s earthen flask, and take some of the elders of the people and some of the elders of the priests. And go out to the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, which is by the entry of the Potsherd Gate; and proclaim there the words that I will tell you. and say, ‘Hear the word of the Lord, O kings of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem. Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: “Behold, I will bring such a catastrophe on this place, that whoever hears of it, his ears will tingle).

verses 4, and 5 “Because they have forsaken Me and made this an alien place, because they have burned incense in it to other gods whom neither they, their fathers, nor the kings of Judah have known, and have filled this place with the blood of the innocents. (they have also built the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings to Baal, which I did not command or speak, nor did it come into My mind."

so why would Jehovah and Jesus, as someone told me..."Later created a HELL...FIRE", in order to burn the wicked or disobedient forever. it would NOT benefit those two. NOR do they have to Heart to torture ANYONE! peace
Old 06-05-2020, 02:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
Jehovah God and Jesus, NEVER created a "Hellfire", for the wicked. when people in the days of old burn their children in fire as a sacrifice to a false God. Jehovah God was very upset, and had them destroyed.

see (Jerm. 19:1-3 ,Thus says the Lord: “Go and get a potter’s earthen flask, and take some of the elders of the people and some of the elders of the priests. And go out to the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, which is by the entry of the Potsherd Gate; and proclaim there the words that I will tell you. and say, ‘Hear the word of the Lord, O kings of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem. Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: “Behold, I will bring such a catastrophe on this place, that whoever hears of it, his ears will tingle).

verses 4, and 5 “Because they have forsaken Me and made this an alien place, because they have burned incense in it to other gods whom neither they, their fathers, nor the kings of Judah have known, and have filled this place with the blood of the innocents. (they have also built the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings to Baal, which I did not command or speak, nor did it come into My mind."

so why would Jehovah and Jesus, as someone told me..."Later created a HELL...FIRE", in order to burn the wicked or disobedient forever. it would NOT benefit those two. NOR do they have to Heart to torture ANYONE! peace

' God was very upset and had the wicked destroyed '

Now that's hypocritical, he destroyed the wicked by being wicked and destroying....