Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-05-2020, 11:03 AM
Master

The center of the universe

For thousands of years everyone regarded the earth as the center of creation and believed that the sun, moon, and stars revolved around it. Early in the 16th century Nicolaus Copernicus proved that this belief was wrong and that the earth revolved around the sun.

The Bible tells us that this earth will someday be destroyed by fire and replaced by a new one.

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
Revelation 21:1 ESV

This new earth will become God’s dwelling place.

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.
Revelation 21:3 ESV

We know that the world we live in now is not the center of the universe but I think it is possible that the new earth might be. After all it will be God’s dwelling place. Perhaps the erroneous belief that many held in the past will become the truth.
Old 18-05-2020, 06:24 PM
Master

Or, maybe that "earth" won't be round either, as it would have to be limitless.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-05-2020, 01:10 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus

We know that the world we live in now is not the center of the universe but I think it is possible that the new earth might be. After all it will be God’s dwelling place. Perhaps the erroneous belief that many held in the past will become the truth.
We know what? As I understand it, the earth is as much a center of the universe as is any other place.