Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 18-09-2019, 01:58 AM
Master
September 14th marked the 100th anniversary of the hurricane of 1919 (back before hurricanes were named)

The 1919 Hurricane was a category 5 that hit Corpus Christi TX and pretty much flattened the city.

Officially it killed around 150 people. .....historians know this to be false as the actual death toll was almost 800

One of the old cemeteries dating back to that era has over 750 grave stones with dates all ending September 14th, 1919........and all the locals understand the significance of that date.

During the 20th century. .....two major hurricanes hit the lower Texas coast......the 1919 Hurricane and hurricane Celia in 1970...I personally lived through Celia.

I while there was a ton of hurricanes over the decades. ....those two still stick out!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 18-09-2019, 04:59 AM
Master
I think you Lucky_1 for sharing.

Your account made me think......

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-09-2019, 07:09 PM
Master
This may be a hurricane watch thread but what if ....... a hurricane is really watching us. And is on this forum reading this thread.

Something to think about.
Old 24-09-2019, 06:18 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Fish ...@{ * i *}@....Mama mia Mama mia

Quote:
Originally Posted by clover
Anything related to weather. .

..."Between July 31 and Aug. 3 alone, more than 58 billion tons melted from the surface. The average for this time of year is less than 18 billion tons. And that doesn’t even count the huge calving events or the warm water eating away at the glaciers from below."...

https://www.latimes.com/environment/...rs-are-melting

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 25-09-2019, 01:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
..."Between July 31 and Aug. 3 alone, more than 58 billion tons melted from the surface. The average for this time of year is less than 18 billion tons. And that doesn’t even count the huge calving events or the warm water eating away at the glaciers from below."...

https://www.latimes.com/environment/...rs-are-melting

Considering that we are still in an interglacial period of the last ice age.....melting glaciers is normal......thats what they do when tbe ice age is over....

And when the next ice age arrives the glaciers will come back......and scrape Canada off the map.

Old 25-09-2019, 01:39 AM
Master

I hope nobody will feel that I'm uncompassionate for quoting Seth (Jane Roberts' channel) about weather and climate:

Quote:
... The weather affects your moods even as your moods affect the weather.

... There is an important relationship, then, between emotional energy and physical climate.

... Where there is great privation there will be a cruel climate, but the climate does not cause the privation. The emotional aggression caused by privation caused the climate.

Weather goes in cycles, not because cycles are inherent in weather patterns, but because emotional cycles are inherent in individuals, ...

If interested, you can read these quotes in context here.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-09-2019, 07:44 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Fish ...@{ * i *}@....Mama mia Mama mia

Quote:
clover--Anything related to weather.

...."An unusually hot summer worldwide has led to an extreme rate of Arctic ice melt, NASA said on Friday."...

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world...rate-nasa.html

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 26-09-2019, 10:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
...."An unusually hot summer worldwide has led to an extreme rate of Arctic ice melt, NASA said on Friday."...

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world...rate-nasa.html

Yep......and melting glaciers is normal during warm periods. (Having glaciers is not the norm....but they come back when the next ice age arrives)

Old 07-10-2019, 06:37 AM
Master
The end of the Hurricane season for 2019 is less then 1 month from now.
Cross your fingers.... the World may not come to an end.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-07-2020, 07:11 PM
Master
Here we go again!!!

Sooooo.....this morning tropical depression #8 which formed off the northern coast of Cuba a few days ago was upgraded to Tropical storm Hanna with winds in the 55 to 65 mph range.

And you guessed it....o'l Hanna is heading right for my neck of the woods and will make landfall sometime early tomorrow morning.

I'm fixing to leave my office for the day early and go start my generator to make sure its in order and just generally baton down the hatches.

Oh....as far as storms go, its small and will mostly dump a butt-load of rain on the Southern Texas coast......but long experience tells me to be prepared no matter that its small......

Living on the coast my whole life, I've lost count of how many times I've done the "storm thing"over the years.

An old song just popped into my head that seems pretty appropriate right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8GcT5PBIC4

Last edited by Lucky 1 : 25-07-2020 at 01:51 AM.