Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 07-12-2019, 01:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
One book that impressed me was People from the Other World (1874) written by Colonel Henry Steel Olcott.

The book probably played a major role in the formation of the Theosophical Society (1875) in which Colonel Olcott was the organization's first president and provided the purse that financed the organization.
What impressed me about the book was when the carriages would
arrive and people would get out....... but there were no tire tracks!

Another part of the book was when people could touch what was in spirit.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-12-2019, 01:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinya
"The Spirit Book" by Allan Kardec
"Spirit Teachings" by William Stainton Moses

I think those are the famous classic masterpiece of spiritualism books published in 19th century.

Is there a difference between "Spiritism" and "Spiritualism".

I attended a presentation yesterday at the United Nations Enlightenment Society during which a Spiritist Doctor/physicist spoke quite extensively and impressively. Kardec's books were mentioned.
Old 13-12-2019, 02:53 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Is there a difference between "Spiritism" and "Spiritualism".

I attended a presentation yesterday at the United Nations Enlightenment Society during which a Spiritist Doctor/physicist spoke quite extensively and impressively. Kardec's books were mentioned.

lol not this again! Follow the path that's right for you.
Old 14-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
lol not this again! Follow the path that's right for you.

I do follow the path that works best for me . What made you think otherwise?

It's just that this particular Spiritist presentation by a medical doctor who also happens to be a physicist as well as a Spiritist provided convincing details on some things on which I had been meditating. The presenter gave us the same presentation that he made before the World Psychiatric Association earlier this month. It was impressive and thought-provoking and corresponded in many ways to my own understanding of the Reality and consistent with what I have gleaned in studying with many sages while traveling throughout almost 50 countries.
Old 14-12-2019, 03:42 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
I do follow the path that works best for me . What made you think otherwise?

It's just that this particular Spiritist presentation by a medical doctor who also happens to be a physicist as well as a Spiritist provided convincing details on some things on which I had been meditating. The presenter gave us the same presentation that he made before the World Psychiatric Association earlier this month. It was impressive and thought-provoking and corresponded in many ways to my own understanding of the Reality and consistent with what I have gleaned in studying with many sages while traveling throughout almost 50 countries.

My idea of Spiritualism is all things spiritual.In my mind I see spiritists as people who are trying to seperate things further.I' m going to stick with Spiritualist.(Which covers all things spiritual.(That gives a wide scope).
Old 14-12-2019, 09:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
My idea of Spiritualism is all things spiritual.In my mind I see spiritists as people who are trying to seperate things further.I' m going to stick with Spiritualist.(Which covers all things spiritual.(That gives a wide scope).

What is there ... ultimately.... that is not spiritual ?

Nonetheless, I am curious what the difference is since there are both "spiritualist" groups and "spiritist" groups here in NYC. I'm just deciding which group I may choose to check out in my spare time.
Old 14-12-2019, 11:09 PM
Master
Quote:
What is there ... ultimately.... that is not spiritual ?

Nonetheless, I am curious what the difference is since there are both "spiritualist" groups and "spiritist" groups here in NYC. I'm just deciding which group I may choose to check out in my spare time.

I remember a conversation I had years ago with the President of the National Spiritualist Association of Churches, based in Lily Dale, New York where she claimed Spiritualist do not believe in reincarnation. If a person mentions reincarnation at the podium, they are generally asked to step down.

Spiritist believe in reincarnation.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-12-2019, 02:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I remember a conversation I had years ago with the President of the National Spiritualist Association of Churches, based in Lily Dale, New York where she claimed Spiritualist do not believe in reincarnation. If a person mentions reincarnation at the podium, they are generally asked to step down.

Spiritist believe in reincarnation.

Thank you very much for pointing out that difference.

You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT that the Spiritists (at least Dr. Sergio Thiesen, who was the one who presented at the United Nations Enlightenment Society on Thursday, December 12th) believe in reincarnation AT SOME LEVEL.

His presentation, which he also gave to the World Psychiatric Association in Jerusalem earlier this month, was very compelling and convincing.

I actually contacted a Spiritist organization in NYC after that presentation, and had an excellent one-hour conversation with the person who answered the phone. I was invited to attend an event this evening to meet the local community and I will definitely attend. Since it is also a Christmas party, there will be a talk on Jesus as well as a community Christmas dinner.

Thanks for your input. It's consistent with what I know about Spiritists though I concede that you know more than I about the "Spiritualists". (The names are so close that it can be confusing and yet there is a difference, as you have just pointed out.)
Old 15-12-2019, 07:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you very much for pointing out that difference.

You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT that the Spiritists (at least Dr. Sergio Thiesen, who was the one who presented at the United Nations Enlightenment Society on Thursday, December 12th) believe in reincarnation AT SOME LEVEL.

His presentation, which he also gave to the World Psychiatric Association in Jerusalem earlier this month, was very compelling and convincing.

I actually contacted a Spiritist organization in NYC after that presentation, and had an excellent one-hour conversation with the person who answered the phone. I was invited to attend an event this evening to meet the local community and I will definitely attend. Since it is also a Christmas party, there will be a talk on Jesus as well as a community Christmas dinner.

Thanks for your input. It's consistent with what I know about Spiritists though I concede that you know more than I about the "Spiritualists". (The names are so close that it can be confusing and yet there is a difference, as you have just pointed out.)

Have fun at the event, you can tell us what you had for dinner tomorrow

The National Spiritualist Church that I have attended most definitely believe in Reincarnation. It's not obligatory but all the Congregation in this one do. I have also attended another further away from my Home Town and they also believe in Reincarnation.
Old 15-12-2019, 07:22 PM
Master
Various groups broke away from the National Spiritualist Association of Churches located in Lily Dale, N.Y. The main reason was the splinter groups believed in reincarnation. When I spoke with the President of the National Spiritualist Association of Churches, she claimed when reincarnation can be proved, they will accept it.