Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 15-11-2014, 01:42 AM
Deactivated Account

Question

Hi-I have always wanted to ask this question to a a Jewish Rabbi-but I do not know any-so I thought I could post the question here. Please note that before I state the question I want to explain-I simply am asking to get perspective-not to judge, debate, argue-simply for understanding.

Why do some Jewish people believe that the Messiah that was talked about in the old Testement-has not returned. Then there are some Jewish people who believe that Jesus Christ was/is the true Messiah
Old 15-11-2014, 08:31 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjajms
Why do some Jewish people believe that the Messiah that was talked about in the old Testement-has not returned. Then there are some Jewish people who believe that Jesus Christ was/is the true Messiah

Simply put the JC fellah did not fulfil any of the prophecy ...
he was not descended from David, did not bring about saving the Hebrew
nation, did not End all war and bring Peace to the world ...

And the some Jews you talk of who accept him are no longer Jews but apostates ....

Perhaps these will better explain it ...
http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html
http://www.jewfaq.org/mashiach.htm
Old 16-11-2014, 04:12 AM
Deactivated Account

ty eliab ben
Old 16-11-2014, 07:22 AM
Master
www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Psalms-19-14/

"Psalms 19:14 - Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. ..."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 19-12-2014, 07:20 AM
Master
Hey Eliab-

Don't you think maybe the only thing that will end war and bring peace is if all humanity rises to the occasion?

I mean like if the messiah is meant to come and do this, what is he gonna do? Force everyone with his hand? With a sword? That would be contradictory.

Will God show himself at last and prove his existence? Will this messiah he sends be able to only bring peace politically?

We've had plenty of those and they end up becoming emperors or kings or dictators.

What is the point of a messiah if people won't even change themselves?
Old 19-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Pathfinder
Yes Amilius , you may be correct in that respect ...

Perhaps this Anointed one will teach mankind how ...

Can we perhaps persuade each of the religions to build a temple on temple mount, and make it a capital unto itself, a little like the Vatican ??
that may be a start ...

שָׁלוֹם

אֱלִיאָב
Old 13-10-2015, 06:40 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjajms
Hi-I have always wanted to ask this question to a a Jewish Rabbi-but I do not know any-so I thought I could post the question here. Please note that before I state the question I want to explain-I simply am asking to get perspective-not to judge, debate, argue-simply for understanding.

The Jews who believe Jesus Christ was the messiah are Christians.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 18-10-2015, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliab_ben_B
Simply put the JC fellah did not fulfil any of the prophecy ...
he was not descended from David, did not bring about saving the Hebrew
nation, did not End all war and bring Peace to the world ...

And the some Jews you talk of who accept him are no longer Jews but apostates ....

Perhaps these will better explain it ...
http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html
http://www.jewfaq.org/mashiach.htm

If Jesus Christ was not murdered, then i believe he would spread knowledge that would of considerable helped to end more wars, and bring more peace to the world! and free people from this mindset of looking up! just waiting for somebody to come and comfort them with something they want to hear & believe. Or living on their knee's in paranoia, which causes allot of problems. And also, everybody that lives on this planet is fulfilling a prophecy (That others can learn from) and its when more people wake up to this........that's when its game over, because actions are influential.

Yes so Jesus Christ was murdered, just like Martin Luther King, John f Kennedy or whatever.

I don't believe in much in the bible, but throughout history in many cultures! there is this repeated story of a Jesus Christ type of character trying to wake people up.

Me personally i am not really waiting or anybody to come and save us. Because i have always stated this, the muscle is already here.....

This is my play ground, i got this......

And so have everybody else if they look within, i believe that's what the most empowering message has always been.

And people need to remember & believe that.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:29 AM
Deactivated Account

back seat-the term is Messianic Jews
Old 12-11-2015, 11:57 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Hey Eliab-

Don't you think maybe the only thing that will end war and bring peace is if all humanity rises to the occasion?

I mean like if the messiah is meant to come and do this, what is he gonna do? Force everyone with his hand? With a sword? That would be contradictory.

Will God show himself at last and prove his existence? Will this messiah he sends be able to only bring peace politically?

We've had plenty of those and they end up becoming emperors or kings or dictators.

What is the point of a messiah if people won't even change themselves?

Well put. It would indeed be interesting to hear HOW the Jews expect the Messiah to do what they expect. You raise very good questions.