Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 15-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Heat3peat

Georgiaite anyone?

Does anybody here have experience with georgiaites?

I love tektites and I have owned and felt moldavites, libyan glass and different types of black tektites. I personally like the energy of libyan glass the best because I find its energy invigorating and protecting, but I generally agree with the others that the moldavite energy is the strongest (and a bit overwhelming). The strongest is not necessarily the most preferable. I loveall tektites and find them all interesting in their own way.

I have been wanting to try georgiaite that is brownish tektite found in Georgia, but it's too expensive. Georgiaites definitely look the most similar to moldavites in that they are both translucent tektites (except they are brown, not green). Only other translucent tekite is probably libyan glass but libyan glasses don't have that aerodynamic shapes and textures shared by moldavites and georgiaites.

Because they look similar and are only different in colors (even the colors are very similar if you compare georgiaites to browinsh moldavites), I suspect that georgiates could be just as amazing as moldavites.

I would like to know if anybody here has touched/felt them and willing to share experiences.
Old 15-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat3peat
Does anybody here have experience with georgiaites?

I love tektites and I have owned and felt moldavites, libyan glass and different types of black tektites. I personally like the energy of libyan glass the best because I find its energy invigorating and protecting, but I generally agree with the others that the moldavite energy is the strongest (and a bit overwhelming). The strongest is not necessarily the most preferable. I loveall tektites and find them all interesting in their own way.

I have been wanting to try georgiaite that is brownish tektite found in Georgia, but it's too expensive. Georgiaites definitely look the most similar to moldavites in that they are both translucent tektites (except they are brown, not green). Only other translucent tekite is probably libyan glass but libyan glasses don't have that aerodynamic shapes and textures shared by moldavites and georgiaites.

Because they look similar and are only different in colors (even the colors are very similar if you compare georgiaites to browinsh moldavites), I suspect that georgiates could be just as amazing as moldavites.

I would like to know if anybody here has touched/felt them and willing to share experiences.

I know all about Georgiaites and I can say that without a doubt nobody on these forums is going to own one, or likely even know what they are other than a few people into tektites such as myself. Georgiaites run generally at around 100$+ a gram IF you are able to find someone willing to sell one, something that isn't common nor likely. Only around 2,500 Georgiaites have been found in total, which in the big picture of things and the world tektite collectors isn't much. The person who has probably the largest Moldavite collection in the entire world (50,000 pieces) only owns two incredibly small Georgiaite specimens so that you should give a broad idea on how rare they really are. The color of Georgiaites can vary from a deep olive green all the way to a dark brown, so you are right as far as tektites go they are closest to Moldavite. I am pretty sure Georgiaites are a variation of Bediasites. Pretty much all tektites have similar metaphysical properties so without a doubt a Georgiaite will have similar properties to Moldavite. Most Georgiaites are in private tektite collections, most of those people don't give any thought or believe in metaphysical properties. So actually finding someone to talk about what they experienced with their Georgiaite specimen isn't going to be likely. I am sure no one on these forums has one, let alone worked with one.
Old 16-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Heat3peat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Pretty much all tektites have similar metaphysical properties so without a doubt a Georgiaite will have similar properties to Moldavite.

Astral Explorer,

Thank you for your reply. I didn't know that they were THAT rare.

I have to respectfully disagree with your statement that all tektites have similar metaphysical properties though. I guess it's different for each person, but at least for me, moldavites, libyan glass and black tektites gave me very different feelings. Libyan glass is the most unique in that it's very energizing going up very high and light while I find black tektites and meteorites grounding and almost too heavy. Moldavite, although it does not go up the highest, is by far the deepest, and this is why it sometimes scares me to meditate with it.

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm not making any sense to other people but my point is that I personally find different types of tektites very different in their energies. I would love to try georgiatites or use it together with libyan glass or moldavites to see what it does.

Anyways, always thank you for your replies, they are helpful and I appreciate it.
Old 17-07-2013, 12:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Astral Explorer,

Thank you for your reply. I didn't know that they were THAT rare.

I have to respectfully disagree with your statement that all tektites have similar metaphysical properties though. I guess it's different for each person, but at least for me, moldavites, libyan glass and black tektites gave me very different feelings. Libyan glass is the most unique in that it's very energizing going up very high and light while I find black tektites and meteorites grounding and almost too heavy. Moldavite, although it does not go up the highest, is by far the deepest, and this is why it sometimes scares me to meditate with it.

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm not making any sense to other people but my point is that I personally find different types of tektites very different in their energies. I would love to try georgiatites or use it together with libyan glass or moldavites to see what it does.

Anyways, always thank you for your replies, they are helpful and I appreciate it.

Yep Georgiaites are super rare, about as rare as German Moldavites. I didn't mean that the properties of all tektites are exactly the same, but the properties of all tektites are generally the same. Of course the intricacies in their properties and energy are going to vary between the different types of tektites because each tektite has a different chemical and element composition, but generally speaking all tektites have the same metaphysical properties such as contact with E.T.s, connecting to the angelic realms, connecting with the Higher-self, high-vibrational frequency, aids in telepathy, clairvoyance and other psychic abilities, works on crown and third-eye chakras best, but all tektites work on all chakras, etc.

It's not by coincidence that most crystal and gemstone books will list each tektite separately and tell you about the fine details of each, but then they also have just "tektite" in there to give you a general idea of what all tektites do. It's like saying all the of different variations of Quartz have the same general properties and most of them do. But the differences between them will give each type it's own properties that other Quartz types don't possess. To be honest the energy in two different piece of Moldavites found in different locations can have subtle differences because the chemical composition of Moldavites found in different localities can have differences. But generally speaking all Moldavites and other types of tektites have the same metaphysical properties. As far as meteorites they are good for grounding because of their high metal composition. Any stone with a lot of metal in it is good for grounding and other forms of psychic self-defense. That is why a lot of people work with metals such as iron and copper, because the actual composition plays a huge role in dictating that crystal's, stone's, or tektite's metaphysical properties. It's just like saying all stones with a high iron composition have generally speaking similar metaphysical properties, and they do. The only differences will be because of the other chemicals and elements in their composition.
Old 17-07-2013, 01:44 AM
Heat3peat

Quote:
... the actual composition plays a huge role in dictating that crystal's, stone's, or tektite's metaphysical properties. It's just like saying all stones with a high iron composition have generally speaking similar metaphysical properties, and they do. The only differences will be because of the other chemicals and elements in their composition.

Yep, I absolutely agree that the composition plays a huge role, and I would generally agree with you if we were only talking about different types of black tektites (chinese, thailand, malaysian, etc.), but I must put moldavite and libyan glass each in its own class as they each feel so different from other tektites. I'm sure you love moldavite because you feel that it is unique and in a class of its own. I guess I know what you mean that tektites are similar but I simply have never been impressed with black tektites, and therefore feel uncomfortable categprozing them together with moldavite and libyan glass as far as their metaphysical properties are concerned.

Let me also add that libyan glass pieces are usually not strong (usually ones with inclusions), but if you find a right one (it's counterintuitive but from my experience clear ones strong), it's just as amazing as moldavite but in a totally different way. I bought a lot of 3 huge pieces (50g, 67g, 144g) and only the 67g piece was special so I think it could be a hit or miss.
Old 17-07-2013, 03:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Yep, I absolutely agree that the composition plays a huge role, and I would generally agree with you if we were only talking about different types of black tektites (chinese, thailand, malaysian, etc.), but I must put moldavite and libyan glass each in its own class as they each feel so different from other tektites. I'm sure you love moldavite because you feel that it is unique and in a class of its own. I guess I know what you mean that tektites are similar but I simply have never been impressed with black tektites, and therefore feel uncomfortable categprozing them together with moldavite and libyan glass as far as their metaphysical properties are concerned.

Let me also add that libyan glass pieces are usually not strong (usually ones with inclusions), but if you find a right one (it's counterintuitive but from my experience clear ones strong), it's just as amazing as moldavite but in a totally different way. I bought a lot of 3 huge pieces (50g, 67g, 144g) and only the 67g piece was special so I think it could be a hit or miss.

Some tektite experts don't even consider Libyan Desert Glass a true tektite, so that could be part of why it's energy is so different. I can tell you that if you get a real Tibetan Tektite it's energy is very similar to that of a Moldavite. But it's unlikely you will be able to get a real one since 99% of the stuff on the market is simply a Indochinite that isn't specifically from Tibet. I used my Tibetanite quite a lot until it broke unfortunately. It worked incredibly well with my Nuummite and Moldavite that I always have around me. The Tibetanite I bought was the absolute last one the person I bought it from had as well so it kind of sucks. It's basically an Indochinite found in Tibet that was imbued with a boatload of energy through countless generations of Tibetan Monks meditating with them. Anyways though the energy between even two different Moldavites can vary so perhaps you haven't got your hands on a decent black tektite quite yet. Even with the huge variations though generally speaking all tektites have the some properties. I think the only property that is special to Moldavite is bringing issues that impede spiritual evolution to the surface. No tektite I have worked with did that as Moldavite does. But all of the other properties Moldavite possesses I have experience in one tektite or another.
Old 17-07-2013, 04:40 AM
Heat3peat

Quote:
Some tektite experts don't even consider Libyan Desert Glass a true tektite, so that could be part of why it's energy is so different. I can tell you that if you get a real Tibetan Tektite it's energy is very similar to that of a Moldavite. But it's unlikely you will be able to get a real one since 99% of the stuff on the market is simply a Indochinite that isn't specifically from Tibet. I used my Tibetanite quite a lot until it broke unfortunately. It worked incredibly well with my Nuummite and Moldavite that I always have around me. The Tibetanite I bought was the absolute last one the person I bought it from had as well so it kind of sucks. It's basically an Indochinite found in Tibet that was imbued with a boatload of energy through countless generations of Tibetan Monks meditating with them. Anyways though the energy between even two different Moldavites can vary so perhaps you haven't got your hands on a decent black tektite quite yet. Even with the huge variations though generally speaking all tektites have the some properties. I think the only property that is special to Moldavite is bringing issues that impede spiritual evolution to the surface. No tektite I have worked with did that as Moldavite does. But all of the other properties Moldavite possesses I have experience in one tektite or another.

Sorry to hear that your tibetan tektite broke. Your description of the tibetan tektite reminds me of dzi beads, in that it is imbued with energy through prayers and chantings.

Maybe I really haven't got my hands on a decent black tektite. For me, moldavite is the only tektite I unconsciously found myself in space while meditating. It scared me a bit when it first happened and I haven't experienced it with any other stone. But I'm not an experienced meditator and I guess more experienced meditator can do the same at will even without moldavite.
Old 17-07-2013, 05:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Sorry to hear that your tibetan tektite broke. Your description of the tibetan tektite reminds me of dzi beads, in that it is imbued with energy through prayers and chantings.

Maybe I really haven't got my hands on a decent black tektite. For me, moldavite is the only tektite I unconsciously found myself in space while meditating. It scared me a bit when it first happened and I haven't experienced it with any other stone. But I'm not an experienced meditator and I guess more experienced meditator can do the same at will even without moldavite.

Yea well that is definitely a property of all tektites, connection to extra-terrestrials and space and things like that. I think it's given to all tektites and meteorites because of their origin for the most part. Crystals, gemstones, and tektites can be likened to medications. As in a medication can have completely different effects on one person compared to another person. And so the Moldavite might just work best with your own chemistry and being and give you those experiences where you are in space, and another tektite might not work as well. It's different for everyone and what one person experiences with one stone or tektite in this matter the next person might have completely different results.