Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 06-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Master
Any Ideas

No matter, can't get pic to work,,,

Thank in advance

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 14-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Master

Can anyone help with identifying the crystals on the right?

Some are kinda sparkly and veiny

Many Thanks

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 15-07-2013, 03:02 AM
Master
The orange one sort of looks like a form of Amber. I suggest you take closer pictures of a couple of them at a time. It's going to be difficult to identify any of them without close-ups unfortunately. I suggest you rub your finger really fast and hard on the orange piece for as long as possible and then try smelling it. If it has a nice smell it is likely Amber. It is probably lightly tumbled so it's going to be more difficult to get a smell from it than if it was in it's raw form though. It kind of looks like some of the Baltic Amber pieces I just bought recently.
Old 15-07-2013, 04:54 AM
Likes2Read

If the orange one in the center isn't Amber, it might be a very pale Carnelian.

The three purple ones in a cluster remind me of some of the stones I've seen on sale in museum gift shops. Some of those stones have been color-enhanced to make them more appealing. Even stones geared for the adult demographic are sometimes dyed -- google agate slabs and see how many of them are a vibrant purple or blue.

Speaking of blue, the blue stones on the bottom right are the color of either Lapis Lazuli or Sodalite.

In the absence of some closer photos -- which of the unidentified stones are translucent or clear? Which ones are opaque? Are there any patterns of spots or banding on any of them that you can mention? That sort of thing will help with the identification.
Old 15-07-2013, 08:04 AM
dragonflywings

The green one looks like a stone of my own that I just had identified as nephrite. The whitish one could be magnesite.